Map suggestions needed for further away starts.

andersw

Emperor
On so many of the maps I start with at most one city space inbetween my nearest neighbour with the occational almost border to border.
I've even had, after moving one tile, overlapping starts, this while the map still have plenty of city room on various sides.

Are there any maps where you starting positions are garantueed a bit further inbetween?
Or any maps/settings makes further away starts more plausible?
I don't want isolated continents I just dont want starts to be on top of eachother.
Is large map with one less AI viable? or will the scripts still place starts next to eachother?

(the extreme close starts it leads an imbalance where early rush brings me too far ahead with a crippled ai and if I dont rush I get rushed by my neighbour).

What map are you playing?

If you change the map size to large, but reduce the number of civs, it might work.

What map are you playing?

If you change the map size to large, but reduce the number of civs, it might work.

Mostly pangea I've tested some continents stuff also.
Maybe should go back and look at communitas pangea, was awhile since I played that one with city states on islands outside of the main continent.

Mostly pangea I've tested some continents stuff also.
Maybe should go back and look at communitas pangea, was awhile since I played that one with city states on islands outside of the main continent.
Large maps offer in most cases 50% more space than standard maps. If you start a large map with 12 instead of the 10 AI's, you would end with around the same amount of cities per civ. So 10 AI's on a large Pangäa map should already be enough to give you more space for expansion.
Alternative pick communitas map, its naturally bigger than other maps of same size, but can be imbalanced if you start lonely on a giant continent.

Large maps offer in most cases 50% more space than standard maps. If you start a large map with 12 instead of the 10 AI's, you would end with around the same amount of cities per civ. So 10 AI's on a large Pangäa map should already be enough to give you more space for expansion.
Alternative pick communitas map, its naturally bigger than other maps of same size, but can be imbalanced if you start lonely on a giant continent.

Thats the tricky part, I don't really want more space (well sometimes I do) but mostly I want starts to be better spaced.
More space leads to settling too much and in some of those maps I've been able to peacefully settle 15 cities which is too much.
I guess I'll just forward settle atm.

Top Bottom