[MAP] Tiny Greece (Greece and Minor Asia; 41 x 31)

henryMCVII

Warlord
What is this Map about? Its just a small Map Pack with 2 Versions of the Map: one is with preset Ressources, one with random Ressources.

Install:
Extract the files into ...My Documents/My Games/Civilization 5/Maps.
Start the game -> go to "Mods" -> choose "Set up game" -> "Maps": find "TinyGreeceRandom1.0" for random Ressources or "TinyGreecePreset1.0" for preset Ressources Version.

Whats included?
2 Maps:
  • "TinyGreecePreset1.0" - includes preset Ressources. In this case ancient only Ressources - no Uranium, no Aluminium is placed on Map, Science Victory is turned off becouse of that. (Anyhow, I bet you will win before reaching even Modern Era).
  • "TinyGreeceRandom1.0" - same Map, but with "[x] randomize Ressources" selected
  • There should be 6 City States - Since I dont know how to rename City States, there are just some european ones, which seemed to fit best.
  • There should be 6 big Civilisatios: Greece, Rome (renamed to "Pergamum/Attalos" just in WB - it still will show up as "Rome" in *some* cases), India (Minoans), Persians, Ottomans (Hittitians) and Arabians (Makedon/Phillip)
  • 4 Natural Wonders are placed on Maps (but not renamed, becouse I dont know how to do so yet)

For now I basicly played around with WB, but I want to improve the Map (plus - maybe - turn it into some small Mod; together with bigger Map scales). So any help is welcome, any feedback as well.

Attachments

• tiny greece.jpg
    tiny greece.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 1,214
  • TinyGreece1.0.rar
    12.2 KB · Views: 422
Map looks pretty nice, one suggestion I have is to make all of the Aegean sea coast water, so travel is enhanced. They are the Greeks, after all. Otherwise, physically the map looks very good.

EDIT: How do you get the big, full map screenshot in the Worldbuilder? I can only zoom out to see a small section, so is there any special way to do that?

looks great! :) I foresee Peloponnesian war or Trojan war scenarios in the future.

one suggestion I have is to make all of the Aegean sea coast water, so travel is enhanced.

EDIT: How do you get the big, full map screenshot in the Worldbuilder? I can only zoom out to see a small section, so is there any special way to do that?

Yeah, ty, this sounds like an good idea to me. In next version Aegean Sea will be transformed to cost.

About the Screenshot: its just an tiny map, so it was fitting into my screen.

I hope for some ancient greek scenario as well, maybe i'll do one myself or helping someone else.

I'm actually considering doing an ancient greek scenario using this map. I want to start with something not too big for one person to do, just in case I end up going it alone. If you want to work with me, that would be cool.

I'm thinking probably Peleponnesian War, but not completely decided yet.

Peleponnesian War would be fine. :) Just tell me, once you have dicided. The War of Troy may be another nice idea - everything depending on how deep in modding you would like to go.

I would be happy to contribute as I want to learn to do a bit of modding - so far only done maps etc.

Persian invasion and the '300' would also work on here!

Also just before the trojan war i.e Agamenoms conquest of Greece

yea, I decided, I made a thread in the main Creation and customization page. Pelopennesian War it is. Probably wouldn't be hard to change a few things and make it Persian war as well. ;)

edit: actually it just hit me, why not just make an "Ancient Greece" mod and include a few scenario's in it with this map? sounds like a winner to me. Or even "Classical Greece" I guess thats more appropriate.

Just an "Anciend Greek Mod" would be great! I loved... TAM for Civ4 so far pretty much, but I think this will not going that deep in modding? Anyway its great and I am with you here. Actually im doing 2 more Greece Maps, both in bigger scale and different map excerpt then thisone. (Well, I stopped doing when starting an Eurpoe Map, but that one is finished soon.)

Oh, maybe you should open an separate thread for the mod announcement? I guess nobody will expect this here. :)

well I'm fully capable of creating a mod as deep as TAM, its just a matter of time. You will be in the special thanks of the mod for this map ;)

I am very interested in your finished product. i was thinking of some ideas only, as i have low computer/modding technical abilities.

For the Civilizations, they could be the city-states, like Athens, Sparta, Corinth, Thebes, etc, plus potential conquerors to the east, like Persians and Macedonians, or remnants of Mycenaeans and Phoenicians pre-Archaic era.

As for the 3 main income components: Money, Science (for tech), Culture (for border expansion and policy), they would have to be called different things to have it make sense. Money on its own makes sense. Science could be something like Politics/Policy, so each Tech advancement would correspond to a political and social policy. Culture would be art/religious influence, and the policies themselves could be related to different Greek gods you choose to worship, which gives you bonuses relating to that god, for example, instead of Commerce, it'd be Poseidon, the war-related ones like Honor and Autocracy would be Ares.

The eras would be Archaic, to Classical, to Hellenistic, to Roman Greece. You can also add in sub-eras, like 5th century, and 4th century...

Interesting stuff...

I like especially your policies idea, daijer. But this will be better to discuss in shiggs ancient mod thread soon. :)

Top Bottom