[R&F] Map type question

Wizard-Bob

Always remember to Find Your FUN!
I am curious about the "shuffle" option. In the map type drop down menu, shuffle appears in the middle. Above it are the std pangea, continents, etc. Below are the real world options.

Question. Does shuffle choose from any map type or only among those listed above its option in the menu?

Hi.
I suppose shuffle gives you completely random map.
I play on deity and only the shuffle map type. I noticed that you can have a reasonable starting position on shuffle maps (natural wonders in reach, enemies and city states not too far, resources an amenities...) Not always, but its possible
I tried continents/islands/pangea and it went very bad :)
It would be interesting to hear opinions of other players.

I have talked about this a few times.
My opinion is that Pangaea Maps are by far the most dangerous.
This means you have more chance to get rolled on Deity/Pangaea than any other Map Type.
Continents comes in second and can be dangerous as well.
The problem with this map type is being able to tech Cartography fast enough with everything else you have to do.
The other complaint is being able to get certain boosts which is harder on Continents.
Others have stated that the map type is slower for win times so they say Pangaea is the easier one.

I used to play a lot of Shuffle Maps in Multiplayer.
However most would complain about them because of how erratic the spawn locations were.
I tend to notice Shuffle Maps are easier than the two stated above because they usually turn into some sort of Water Map.
You usually spawn with less land but the AI can't handle the Map as well as the other two types.
I find that Water Maps in Civ Games has always been more difficult on the AI.
Just the sheer fact that they struggle with Naval Combat is one of the deciding factors.

Top Bottom