1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Map using Pepper's Space Terrains

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Eman448, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Eman448

Eman448 Chieftain

I recommend playing as The Khmer Republic.

There is a starting planet in the middle(let's call it earth) That has an Old world and a New World. This scenario starts circa 1920, so you get to really experience the Late Industrial Age, move through the Modern Age, and so forth before going to space. The map has every single one of Pepper's terrains( Saturn, Jupiter, Other Stars, etc.)

However, the worldbuilder names for the terrains don't match up with the actual terrains, so Pepper2000 REALLY needs to fix that in order to make things easier for map-makers.

Have FUN!

Attached Files:

2. Eman448

Eman448 Chieftain

PS: There are two regions of space. One is 'below' the 'earth' and the other is 'above' it.

3. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Warlord

Add a picture, please.

4. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

I'll take a look soon and make more comments. I've been wanting this for a long time, so thanks a lot.

Can you clarify "However, the worldbuilder names for the terrains don't match up with the actual terrains, so Pepper2000 REALLY needs to fix that in order to make things easier for map-makers." Are all the space terrains messed up? I'm not seeing the problem on my end.

5. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

Unfortunately, my system cannot handle Gigantic maps. I was really looking forward to trying it.

6. Eman448

Eman448 Chieftain

For example, in worldbuilder, the icon will say 'interstellar space' when in reality you are placing neptune.

7. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

Are you using the terrains I put in this forum last May, or are you using V5 of the space colonization modmod? I recommend using the latter. With V5, I have not been able to reproduce any problems.

8. kenneth1221

kenneth1221 Warlord

Trying to load this map causes a CTD for me. I have logging turned on, but I am not sure whether my logs would be of any use. I suspect that it is some sort of Python error. Any likely causes of CTD?

9. Eman448

Eman448 Chieftain

I am using V5 of the space colonization mod. Try placing the terrain and then, ingame, scrolling over it. It will say something different. For instance, when I use the Venus terrain, it places plagued water instead.

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Python errors are reported in the logs. Particularly PythonErr.log, while PythonErr2.log contains all sorts of trace prints from all over the place and is not much use if PythonErr.log is empty.

11. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

Are you up to date on the SVN? I had the same problem you described, and I fixed it a couple months ago by rearranging the terrain XML. Basically, Hill and Peak have to be the last terrains to be loaded, or else the game gets unhappy. Also, do you put the modmod in the Assets/Modules/My_Mods folder? It should go there rather than directly in the Assets/Modules folder.

If you are up to date on the SVN, have the modmod in the right place, and are still having that problem, then I'm stumped for the moment.