Map without mod

This clean map is beautiful :) !!! I just need one thing though... how do I set the start locations? Are there any threads that tell you how?

Open the map file with a text editor. Look for lines like:

StartingX=68, StartingY=54

Change them accordingly to the respective civ. Its a simple coordination system, with 0,0 in the southwest corner of the map.

Thanks.

How do I get this compatible to run with a 34 civs mod of some sort? (keeps crashing when I try) Or how can I modify my game files to allow me to increase to 34 civs?

Also, are all the start locations randomized? or do they start in their historical locations?

Thanks.

How do I get this compatible to run with a 34 civs mod of some sort? (keeps crashing when I try) Or how can I modify my game files to allow me to increase to 34 civs?

Also, are all the start locations randomized? or do they start in their historical locations?

I am having the same problem. I added this (excellent) map to my own mod and want to add about 30 Civs to their correct starting positions. How can I do this? Whenever I try it simply closes down the game and it tells me that 'Civ4 has stopped working'.

How can I make this map work for 30 civs in my own mod?

RobinHat and Sh4dowknight,

This requires (extremely minor) changes to the SDK. Open file CvDefines.h:

Change
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (18)
to
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (??)
where ?? is the number of players you want in your game. Recompile DLL.

In the alternative, there are some otherwise clean max civ dlls floating about. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=192620. This won't let you set it to WHATEVER you want, but it seems like there are a few good options.

Open the map file with a text editor. Look for lines like:

StartingX=68, StartingY=54

Change them accordingly to the respective civ. Its a simple coordination system, with 0,0 in the southwest corner of the map.

There are no lines like that in the file. The word starting does not appear anywhere.

@silent

Although Bastian's map save didn't have them, they can be added like so:

--BEFORE--

BeginPlayer
Team=0
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Color=NONE
ArtStyle=NONE
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE​
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
Team=1
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Color=NONE
ArtStyle=NONE
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE​
EndPlayer​

--AFTER--

BeginPlayer
LeaderType=LEADER_HATSHEPSUT
CivType=CIVILIZATION_EGYPT
Team=0
PlayableCiv=1
StartingX=69, StartingY=37
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE​
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
LeaderType=LEADER_ASOKA
CivType=CIVILIZATION_INDIA
Team=1
PlayableCiv=1
StartingX=90, StartingY=40
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE​
EndPlayer

I'm working on one that matches the starting locations that Genghis Kai has in his BTS version 6.3. However, this will only be for the 34 standard civs of unmodded BTS and not Kai's 50. Since it seems he did a lot of handicap balancing work, would be best re-analyze the handicaps and perhaps adjust some based on any effects of the 18 removed civs.

I needed to make a blank GEM for another mod, so I thought I might as well post the BTS version here in case anyone wants it. This is the 6.3 version map with ancient resources, no preset civs.

Top Bottom