[MAP] Zomg America

Zomgmeister

Emerged Lurker
This map of Western Hemisphere was built from scratch. It can be played only with AoDII, because Portuguese and Pirates are online.

Features:

- Revised geography.

Hudson bay divided from great lakes? Greenland? Maracaibo lake? Correct Guatemala? You got it all, and more. I didn't tried to make it geographically correct, just "believable". For example, in reality Great Lakes are not that huge, but in my opinion it's better to make them distinct land features than to paint even more dull plains. More on that in next feature.

- Expanded and buffed Carribean sea.

Historically there was a lot of business in Carribean sea, but in Colonization scale even Large Antilles are usually too small to matter. This map features artificially enlarged Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and other islands. More than just that, these Carribean islands are filthy rich in map bonuses, such as Sugar, Crab and Tobacco. These small patches of land can bring huge wealth to your empire.

- Historically correct positions of Indians.

No more Canadian Aztecs.

- Historically semi-correct positions of Europeans.

French (Samuel de Champlain) - near Canada.
English (John Adams) - near USA.
Spanish (Simon Bolivar) - Carribean sea.
Dutch (Peter Stuyvesant) - near Suriname.
Portuguese (Martim de Sousa) - near Brazil.
Pirates (Henry Morgan) - deep in ocean. They didn't appeared there right at the same moment with other factions, right? So they have to sail a bit longer, simulating this time lag.

Can't promise anything, but I hope to update this map for next versions of AoDII, including other factions and all that sweetness.

Playable with 1.05.

Now go on, playtest it and tell me what to fix.

Update: Version 1.01

- Some redistribution of goodies in Carribean, nothing game-breaking if you didn't planned to settle on Cuba / Hispaniola / Jamaica.
- Aztecs and Incas now have higher-populated villages.

Attachments

• Zomg America.rar
    20.7 KB · Views: 77
I have to admit that geographic locations for indians and european powers isn't a major bugbear for me ... but I like the idea of a strategic map, and definately like the notion of starting the pirates further out at sea, maybe so they only show up after the first 10 years or so of colonizing the new world :)

Top Bottom