[Vanilla] Mapping Civilization VI (Base Game up to the SEA DLC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map update - turns out I missed Cologne and a couple off the bottom of the USA city list

Parsa and Pasargadae are different cities. Parsa is the native name for Persepolis. They are close to each other, but seem to be located at different places.

Also, can you fix the links to the full sized maps for Scythia and Spain. There isn't a link for Scythia and the Spain one shows the full size map for Scythia instead.

Last edited:
Map update - turns out I missed Cologne and a couple off the bottom of the USA city list

By the way, Alaska had (and still has) a very low population density. It only had small towns, so no surprise that there are no cities. Hawaii probably had greater population density. I have no idea why San Juan would be recognized for a city over Honolulu.

Sparks, Nevada might be some kind of easter egg. I think there was a town from Washington in the Civ VI city list because it was the lead designer's home town.

Parsa and Pasargadae are different cities. Parsa is the native name for Persepolis. They are close to each other, but seem to be located at different places.

Also, can you fix the links to the full sized maps for Scythia and Spain. There isn't a link for Scythia and the Spain one shows the full size map for Scythia instead.

I've updated the link, thanks for letting me know it was wrong

I have no idea why San Juan would be recognized for a city over Honolulu.
Because of the inevitable (hopefully) Polynesia or better, Hawaii civ.

Hunt Valley, MD is what you meant.

Civ creator Sid Meier lived there (he was born in Sarnia, ON).

@bite Sparks refer to Sparks, MD, not Sparks, NV. Sparks, MD is where Firaxis is based in.

I was referring to Centralia. I had to look it up. Le Bam is also an Easter egg city in that list as well.

Hunt Valley, MD is what you meant.

Civ creator Sid Meier lived there (he was born in Sarnia, ON).

@bite Sparks refer to Sparks, MD, not Sparks, NV. Sparks, MD is where Firaxis is based in.

Of course that makes total sense. I've updated the Map

No cities in Alaska could also mean a possible Inuit Civ. But I mean at this point any lack of cities in any countries territory could point towards a great number of civs.

No cities in Alaska could also mean a possible Inuit Civ. But I mean at this point any lack of cities in any countries territory could point towards a great number of civs.

Kinda disagree. The largest American cities in Alaska are not Inuit named cities. Anchorage, Juneau, Dutch Harbor, Sitka, Nome, etc are American and wouldn't be on an Inuit city list.

Do Wales and Cornwall have separate administrative entities from England? Scotland has its own Parliament, right? Or are they simply different national identities huddled under the English umbrella?

In any case, as bite mentions in his link, the city lists more fully recognize the state of the civ under its leader. Were Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Manx, and Cornwall self-administrating under Victoria?

The Scottish Parliament, the Welsh Assembly and the Northern Ireland Assembly are recent institutions formed after a referendum for more devolution of powers in Scotland and Wales, and the Good Friday Agreement. Until the late 1990s, MPs from across Britain sat in Westminster as the only national government. In Victoria's time, this included Ireland. So, I can see the argument that Victoria's city list should include cities from all three, but then also the civ should be called Britain :p.

The Isle of Man was never incorporated into the UK (it remains a Crown Dependency), and so has always been self-administrating in modern history.

Cornwall has more or less been part of England since the Norman Conquest, but to this day it doesn't really have any large urban centres (Falmouth, Penzance and Truro only hover around 20,000 population), so I'm not sure much can be deduced from its absence on the city list.

We don't really know if alternate leaders would have entirely different city lists, since the only example we have is Gorgo and Pericles (who certainly don't), and as they only ruled city states they're hardly a good test case. Personally, I don't think its likely. Yet it is highly possible that they're withholding cities from the Celtic nations for a Celtic civ. I sincerely hope not though, as another Irish-cum-Welsh-cum-Scottish-cum-Manx(?!) amalgam would be a travesty :lol: .

There are about 27 Springfields in the US. It probably refers to the one in Massachusetts. Although Illinois is possible too.

I believe I went for Missouri, and that was the first one that showed up

I believe I went for Missouri, and that was the first one that showed up

The one in Massachusetts is probably the one they had in mind. It has American Revolutionary War significance and home to an important military arsenal. The one in Illinois is the state capital. The rest are of less significance.

Or maybe they picked it because it's such a ubiquitous name for an American town. That's why it was picked for the Simpsons. It has kind of an Everytown quality to it.

There is no link for the full-size Scythia map.
Also the links for the American and German maps still show the previous versions (with Sparks in Nevada, and no Cologne present).

The one in Massachusetts is probably the one they had in mind. It has American Revolutionary War significance and home to an important military arsenal. The one in Illinois is the state capital. The rest are of less significance.

Or maybe they picked it because it's such a ubiquitous name for an American town. That's why it was picked for the Simpsons. It has kind of an Everytown quality to it.
Springfield, MA is also where basketball was invented.

Simpsons creator Matt Groening revealed that the Springfield in the Simpsons is based on the Oregon one (Groening grew up in Portland, OR): http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-...als-the-Location-of-the-Real-Springfield.html

There is no link for the full-size Scythia map.
Also the links for the American and German maps still show the previous versions (with Sparks in Nevada, and no Cologne present).
Could you refresh and check it is still there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom