1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Maps, maps and more maps!

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by ray111, Jul 11, 2015.

1. ray111

ray111 Chieftain

In Civ5 we had a plethora of maps, we could create our own maps, and even edit a map to our absolute liking ingame with IGE mod later on.

Now? We have like about 7 maps, of which most are ridiculously bad.
    Where is inland sea? I really like maps with a lot of water in them, but maps like Atlantean, Archipelago or even worse the DLC Tau Ceti d create RIDICULOUSLY small OR really slim snake islands, instead of some chunks of land that can support 2-3 cities at the very least.

I really liked the Mediterranean map I got in civ5... I've played literally thousands of hours on that map. You could access almost everything by land, and still occupy a lot of space with your allmighty navy. Though BE is kinda gimped in every direction so that "allmighty navy" now consists only of carrier and a boat..

Now, we got a fantastic mod - "By Land and Sea - Ocean Colonies", but oceanic cities are gimped because they REALLY lack any resources.. the best they can do with their working radius are few land tiles on the very edge, because settling only 1 tile from beach causes the city to be unavailable for trade route connections for some reason.

Another thing is that map size settings seem REALLY gimped. I understand that with that demo of a tech tree the number of turns in an average game got to like 1/5 at best, but seriously, even MASSIVE map feels like STANDARD map at best. Which also means that EVERYONE is in range of EVERYONE in the game, so even AI players with massive armies have 15000+ energy reserves from city/trade route spam alone.

Another thing is that for some obscure reason, we only get to place our first city in THE WORST POSSIBLE LOCATION (even if you pick the "legendary start", you get ZERO strategic resources, because some clown though it would be nice to disallow that, and at most 1-2 fungi, fruits, tubers or algae..), unlike in Civ5 where it automatically picked a location with most resources (unless you played a TSL map). Now in BE you get to land on literally the worst location on map, which forces you to spam colonists to expand till the AIs stard making landfalls to the best plots.

And what's totally the worst - we can't even save a map like we could in Civ5 if we liked the generated map. I can't count how many times I've hit Restart button..

2. Darsnan

Darsnan King

Currently there is no Scenario Generator (which I think is linked at the hip with Map Creation?) for BE. Nor has there even been mention of a Scenario Generator for BE, either in a "Yes we are working on it" or "No, this won't be included for this title" kind of response.

D

3. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

(1) The <return> key that closes UI windows should not also "end turn". The <return> key should require a second toggle to "end turn".

(2) UI city production window for selecting a build should remain open to add to the build queue rather than closing and forcing the player to reopen again to add to the queue.