Maps & Scenarios

DRJ

Hedonist
List of C2C Maps

GEM 38 civs map ----> can be found in 'custom scenarios' or for earlier versions downloadable HERE

Standard Earth 28 Civs Mappack ---> can be found HERE

If you make map, post it as an attachment in this thread and I will edit it into this first post.

List of Fantasy Scenarios:

Prehistoric: -

Ancient: -

Classical:

GEM (gigantic earth map) 367 AD, late classical period. England, starting with one city instead of two like the rest of the civs (as punishment for the island start) has fought its way up to #3 in score. With a Golden Age on the horizon and brave generals on your side, will you manage to gain control over all of Europe and fight the egyptian snake, techleader and most powerful civ on Earth?

Screenshot as England -> (use Ctrl - and Ctrl +) to make pic smaller/larger
Spoiler :

Deity Difficulty recommended

Easy: Egypt
Medium: Mali, England, Russia, China
Hard: Germany, Mongolia, Hittie, Persia
Very Hard: Rest of the civs
Unknown Strength: Australia, American Civs

DOWNLOAD

-->put file in

.../fireaxis/civ4/beyond the sword/mods/caveman2cosmos/private maps

Medieval: -

Renaissance: -

Industrial:

A fantasy map with 8 civs in industrial age

Screenshot -> use Ctrl - and Ctrl + to make pic smaller/larger
Spoiler :

Very Hard: Lower Sioux

----> Can be found under "custom scenarios" in latest SVN or HERE as download

-->put file in

=> created by Strategyonly!

Modern: -

Galactic: -

List of Historical Scenarios:

None yet... :sad:

- please help to create content and/or make suggestions

*reserved*

Here is a Continent Industrial Era start, great locations and actually if you play as Lower Sioux you are ranked lower than 8th, so that would be the challenge here. No Rev, sorry.

Now you have to have the latest SVN to use this one, ok.:p

Now this one is the same map and Civs as above but into the Galactic Era, still 9 civs, now you are in LAST PLACE, again or still, try getting out of this mess . . .:eek: I left a whole lot of techs behind that you will NEED. . . (See attached) last place :p

Attachments

• Industial Era Start - Continents.zip
    154.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Galactic Era - 9 civs.zip
    205.7 KB · Views: 122
I gave some structure to the thread and added content (first posts always get updated with the new stuff)

Here's a new Scenario to illustrate a certain period.
It takes place on Earth and tells the story of what might have happened if the ancient Egytian Empire would not have collapsed but instead leads the world by numbers and technology... good luck and have fun!

GEM (gigantic earth map) 367 AD, late classical period. Since England started with one city instead of two like the rest of the civs (as punishment for the island start) it has fought its way up to #3 in score. With a Golden Age on the horizon and brave generals on your side, will you manage to gain control over all of Europe and fight the egyptian snake, techleader and most powerful civ on Earth?

Screenshot as England -> (use Ctrl - and Ctrl +) to make pic smaller/larger
Spoiler :

Deity Difficulty recommended

Easy: Egypt
Medium: Mali, England, Russia, China
Hard: Germany, Mongolia, Hittie, Persia , Ethiopia
Very Hard: Rest of the civs
Unknown Strength: Australia, American Civs

DOWNLOAD

-->put file in

The last GEM version is really good... although I'm curious to know if it would be possible to make a somwhat smaller version (Wouldn't be "G"EM anymore, but still) for those people w/o overpowered rigs. Thanks =)

EDIT: I'm willing to make it, if someone can direct me to a template? Earth map, or something to that effect.

Updated the Civs in the GEM to give a more balanced play. Before, civs with too much room to spread immediately rocketed ahead of everyone else, whilst cramped civs stagnated and would researching sed lifestyle while the rest would be entering the classical era. I have added another native american civ, two more african civs, a polynesian civ, and the huns. I have removed assyria, sumeria, portugal, and the HRE. You may notice that I increased the difficulty for certain civs. That is purely for personal flavor, since I like to play with a more historical mindset. It can be removed by editing the map civs in notepad.

I also added more mountains to the andes to restrict the Inca's initial expansion. My next project will be to add the required resources for civ cultures based on real world locations. I have already started on that somewhat. Beyond that, I have a small framework for a 200bc scenario that is looking rather daunting, given all the buildings & whatnot in this mod. If anyone wants to help me work on that, pm me and let's talk.

Updated map is attached, latest SVN required.

Attachments

• UpdatedCivsGEMC2C.rar
    71.6 KB · Views: 141
Updated the Civs in the GEM to give a more balanced play. Before, civs with too much room to spread immediately rocketed ahead of everyone else, whilst cramped civs stagnated and would researching sed lifestyle while the rest would be entering the classical era. I have added another native american civ, two more african civs, a polynesian civ, and the huns. I have removed assyria, sumeria, portugal, and the HRE. You may notice that I increased the difficulty for certain civs. That is purely for personal flavor, since I like to play with a more historical mindset. It can be removed by editing the map civs in notepad.

I also added more mountains to the andes to restrict the Inca's initial expansion. My next project will be to add the required resources for civ cultures based on real world locations. I have already started on that somewhat. Beyond that, I have a small framework for a 200bc scenario that is looking rather daunting, given all the buildings & whatnot in this mod. If anyone wants to help me work on that, pm me and let's talk.

Updated map is attached, latest SVN required.

Personally I like the 38 Civs GEM with Portugal and such (quite a challenge to play them on deity/start as minors with all other civs having 2 cities), so I hope both versions stay in SVN.

Btw, did you already add the arctic/tropical coast/oceans to your alternate GEM?

I think you should have a good standard size earth map. Probably better for quick playtesting and people with less of a machine.

Maybe update the one from civ itself, or use a good one from one of the other good mods, maybe Rhye's.
I prefer GEM, but a standard size earth map would help make for functional game.

I would love to have a Standard size earth map and/or a huge Earth map with more civs. personally like being in close quarters early game.

I adhere; that was the point of my post earlier... not everybody can/wants to handle C2C on Gigantic maps =)

Been there, done that. I played standard earth map a while ago, think it was part of AND. But since I finally have a computer now that can handle big maps I won't go back to modding small one, sry but I want to actually play what I mod, kinda selfish, eh? So when you want to convert a map and edit it for C2C you will get help but you have to start yourself...sry man

Ok I found the very good standard earth HERE- But note: file must be edited to fit in with C2C gamespeed, civs etc. Tiles must be changed (arctic/tropical coast/ocean, muddy, barren, permafrost etc. and all C2C res must be placed)
Spoiler :

i can't play this map.

Late Classical - DRJ

i put in there.

but my civ defeated.

i didn't any play.

and there s america civ in play result.

but when i select civ , there s no america.

Thank you, DRJ! Don't worry, your maps are pretty good, so keep 'em coming (I actually CAN play Gigantic maps, I'm looking for one for a friend of mine). If you happen to find a good Huge Earth map that I can convert or something, please let me know.

@DRJ

That map looks great. Just use GEM as a guide to where the terrain an resources go and then simplify it. For example the American Southwest would have a lot of desert and possibly no dunes while the Sahara would be mostly Dunes.

Use your best judgement. You are our Map Master and we trust ya. Plus many people, including myself will love to have a Standard size map. Just make sure there is at least 1 of each map resource on your map.

Yeah... I have edited the basic map so now so it can be started in C2C, but there are like 4500 plots in this map and converting them one by one takes time.

So what I plan to shorten that is that everybody who wants to help takes one region (like europe, africa, america etc.) or I'll do it all alone but slowly. The file is attached. You may open(load) it, edit it via worldbuilder and then post the new save here so the next one that has time on his hand can further edit it (maybe post what region you like to do and when so work is coordinated). Many hands make light work, right?

So, as I said: if you just want to play you have to wait longer...^^

File goes into .../private maps

i can't play this map.

my civ defeated.

i didn't any play.

and there s america civ in play result.

but when i select civ , there s no america.

Hmm I just tested it and it works fine with me, loading scnenario as England. Takes some time (it's GEM so yeah, sure), but no crash or whatsoever. I think it may be due to the version you're playing. This is created for one of the latest SVN versions (rev1965 I think), may be incompatible with your version of C2C or your computer can't handle the map or you did something else wrong (then I would suggest to redo all steps... ;-)

Attachments

• Rons Standard Earth C2C unedited tiles+res.7z
    18.5 KB · Views: 99
Sorry, I forgot that I was gong to give you something to convert the ocean plots. I'll try and get to it today, RL hits this weekend.

Top Bottom