1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Maps that I would like to see in Civ6

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by krmarci, May 13, 2020.

1. krmarci

krmarci Chieftain

1. The Americas (including TSL)
    Currently, there are 7 civilizations included in the Americas: USA, Aztec, Brazil, Canada, Cree, Inca, Mapuche. With the announced Gran Colombia and Maya civilizations, this would already be 9 civs, enough to make an eight-player map similar to Europe.

2. Fertile Crescent (including TSL)
    Similarly, there are four civs included that are officially Fertile Crescent civilizations (Egypt, Nubia, Phoenicia, Sumeria), but many further civs could be included (Greece, Ottomans, Georgia, Persia, Arabia, Macedonia), which would allow for an eight-player map including TSL version.

3. East Asia (including TSL)
    There are six East Asian civilizations included in the game (China, India, Japan, Khmer, Korea, Mongolia), which could be expanded with Indonesia, Australia and the Maori.

4. True Pangaea (including TSL)
    A map based on the historical Pangaea (https://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/pangea_politiks.jpg), including a version where we could play on TSL.

5. Balanced World TSL
    What usually happens when I play TSL on a world map (with a random leader) is that I start somewhere in Europe, as do the majority of the playing civs, and half of them lose to loyalty issues (especially when Eleanor is involved) before ever settling a second city (not that there would be any room to settle). My suggestion is balancing the areas of continents based on the number of civs included in the game from each region, which would make for an interestingly shaped, but much fairer game.

+1. Spherical maps
    The map we are currently playing on is actually not a sphere, but a cylinder. I would like to see maps (if possible, having a spherical and cylindrical version of all maps) where we are playing on a sphere. (Bonus idea: torus and Moebius band maps***)

***P.S. I just realised after typing this that the maps we currently have are actually flat projections of a Moebius band.

Plymouth and TheSpaceCowboy like this.
  2. krmarci

krmarci Chieftain

3. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I'd call it a Mediterranean World Map and expand it to those civs as well.

We already have an East Asian map and TSL and I'm pretty sure Indonesia is included as well as Scythia. Not sure we need the others since they're not located in East Asia.

I agree about the need for an Americas map and I think that's possible now with two new ones coming.

4. Sirsquier

Sirsquier Warlord

U.S.A. land of the free and home of the brave
    I'd love an Old world TSL (Europe, Asia, Africa) It'd be a really cool thing to play like the Americas were never found

5. krmarci

krmarci Chieftain

Do we?
    I have about four DLCs missing, maybe that's why I don't have that map.

6. Bechhold

Bechhold King

A huge TSL Earth map...

Plymouth and Sirsquier like this.
  7. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

This at 500 X 400

8. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

They came with the Khmer and Indonesia DLC pack. Scythia is also playable on the map.

krmarci likes this.