[MAPs]TWC_Earth_256x128_Warlords

Flash1

Prince
Hello All,

This Thread is for posting and discussion of my Warlords version of my maps and there will be multiple versions.

The first map is going to be for the vanilla conversion of my map.

The second map is for a modified version of the map. Here I replaced the Mali with Carthage. Several leader changes were made by adding: Bismarck, Churchill, and Ramesses II.

I hope you enjoy them.

Attachments

• TWC_Earth_256x128_WLv0.03.zip
    118.8 KB · Views: 668
  • TWC_Earth_256x128_WLModv0.03.zip
    118.8 KB · Views: 541
Reserved for later

reserved for later

For anyone having problems with the map, there is is a typo in the extention. I added a 4 thet needs to be removed.

Heya Flash,

It took me a while to figure out why the maps weren't loading into WorldBuilder, and then figured out the extension typo. But anyway these maps are rocking. I started a quick game w/the Aztecs and jumped into World Builder to look around.

Should make for some awesome games, especially with the previous problems of Europe being too small for all the Civs.

Can't wait until you get all the resources/goodie huts loaded so I can play this map for real :D

Thanks and keep up the great work,
Ozix

I looked at the Warlords one and it looks great, but also might suggest that you make sub-copies of each continent , ie: North America, South America, Africa, Europe, and Mediterranian Area etc. That way people can use what part of the map or if they want to conquer the whole world. Just a thought!

I feel stupid, but... How do I delete the 4 that's messing up the downloading. And which 4 is it?

After you enable the ability to view file extentions in Windows Explorer, then you delete the "4" there. It says *.Civ4WarlordsWBsave.

Flash can you give us a few screenie teasers?

If I have 2GB Ram and a mid to hi range video card how far will I be able to get on this map before my performance craps out? I play single unit display and medium graphics. Industrial? Modern?

I suppose I could create a screenshots.

As to your other question, the simple answer is I don't know. I only have 1.5 GB RAM myself. Before all the resources, goodie hut and Barbarians I'm adding to the Map, on medium settings and single figure units, the map is burning around 800 MB.

I'm also in the process of finding a job so I get at least another GB RAM.

One is just a conversion of the other.

The mod file deletes the Mali in favor of the Carthaginians and changes three other leaders. see post #1.

For those with the cheat code enabled. You can temporarily add in resources, huts and possibly barbarians.

Okay here is a couple of screenshot. They are of the upcoming version.

Eastern USA. And Greco-Roman.

Attachments

• Earth_preview_v0.1_NA.jpg
    Earth_preview_v0.1_NA.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Earth_preview_v0.1_Greco-Roman.jpg
    Earth_preview_v0.1_Greco-Roman.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 475
Update,
Since many of you wanted me to add in resources, goodie Huts and Barbarians. If you still want it done, I have good news. I have been able to increase my memory to 2 GB.

So, please let me know if you still want this map.

Good luck with map too, I estimate that this map will be completed sometime near July or august or 2008. Everyone, don't get your hopes up with this idiot.

Hey, Kronos

There are some very serious memory issues with this map that put it on hold.

Even before recently getting the memory I needed I was having problems keeping this thing from crashing my computer. While I'm sure I have some breathing room now, I'm not sure how long the map will be playable on 2 GB.

Before, It would leave me around 200 MB with reduced graphic settings on 1.5 GB. So, any intelligent person can see the problem.

Anyway, I will finish it soon. I'm finally getting over the stomache flu (I think). I only get to work on this thing part-time anyway.

Top Bottom