[MapScript] LD_Inversed_Inland_Sea

LDeska

LDeska
Original thread: http://forum.kac.org.pl/viewtopic.php?t=4473

This map is quite similar to LD_Mirror_Inland_Sea2 - it also generates inland sea, only with two modifications: first, it's not mirrored left-right only inversed around the center of map. Second difference is players' placement - they are placed in corners of the map. It grants more time to players and they're able to defend from resourceless units like Dog Soldier. Smallest map size (duel) generates around 20 tiles distance between starting positions.

For team games players' starting positions are also departed, unlike LD_Mirror_Inland_Sea. No more 6 tiles distance between capitals :) it let's you play not so aggressively and develop your civ before attack will make some sense.

Below you will find 4 screenshots of maps generated using this script (for map size duel). On mini-maps I drawed black and red dots indicating starting positions. Below those four big maps are four mini-maps showing team players placement (again red and black dots).

Screenshots below doesn't include resource indicators for first, top row of map - WorldBuilder is not showing those indicators, but those resources exists - you can see them if you look very careful.

It seems that there is quite often a possibility to get to the opponent through the sea - it might be the fastest way :)

Instalation instructions:
1. Download file LD_Inversed_Inland_Sea.zip
2. Archive contains single file LD_Inversed_Inland_Sea.py - extract it
3. If Civilization 4 is running - close it.
4. Copy LD_Inversed_Inland_Sea.py to directory My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps
5. Launch Civilization 4
6. Start new game (single player or multiplayer mode) - this new map type will appear in combo box 'map type'

Maps works in Civ4 vanilla, Warlords and Beyond the Sword

In case of problems with it PM me or post here.

Attachments

• LD_Inversed_Inland_Sea.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 310
looks sweet, thanks for your hard work!

Top Bottom