Marathon difficulty and research

Zeppelin4

Warlord
I have been away for a long time with the selling of my house and relocation to a new state. I notice now it takes a lot longer to do research at the start of the game. I really like the change and was wondering when this was changed and what was done. :goodjob: Could anyone explain this please?

The ancient and classical eras have not changed significantly... early-game research costs and city population are mostly unchanged from vanilla a year ago. However, Libraries and the National Epic have much less emphasis now, and those can increase research by 50-200%, so that might be the source of what you're thinking about.

On the other hand, it might be that production and culture are slightly faster than what you remember. This would comparatively feel similar to a research reduction.

Well that is not the answer I expected. :p My first research of Pottery took 57 turns instead of the 40 or less I remember. I will have to start another game and see if It's the same.

Update: I started another game and my first research again is 57 turns and 87 turns for a research connecting to it. (scratches head) It sure seems a lot longer then I remember it.

Update 2: I made a mistake in the title it's Marathon difficulty. I updated the title. :)

Top Bottom