Marble Hornets

LightSpectra

me autem minui
This is an amateur psychological horror-thriller like Blair Witch Project, but it's infinitely more terrifying, especially around the entries in the 20s. It takes a little bit to get into but I strongly recommend it:

Link to video.

Haha, I watched the first clip and after seeing that weird thing right at the end I was like "nope, I'll save this for when it isn't too dark."

I know, I know, I'm too old to be that way with horror stuff. But I need sleep! I'll check it out tomorrow, looks interesting though.

Worked my way through them this weekend. Really enjoyed it all, very good thing to watch late on a windy night :p

Spoiler :
About the only problem I had is that the characters seem to insist on investigating by themselves, late at night or without turning on any lights. Honestly, you would think they would have learned by now.

Spoiler :
About the only problem I had is that the characters seem to insist on investigating by themselves, late at night or without turning on any lights. Honestly, you would think they would have learned by now.

YES! lol. No question about it. He does go back during the day at one point, and still brings along a light.

I'm up to clip 35. It's not too shabby and except for the distorted noises being insanely loud (that old trick is horror 101 it seems), it's been good. I can watch a couple of clips and come back later because of their lengths.

And it's interesting to see the 6-7 month gap part way through the series. I'm wondering if the last clip uploaded is the actual end, or if there's just another long gap that one will have to wait through.

They're uploaded progressively, with the month gap being the end of "season one". I'd expect a new one within a week or so.

Just finished them all. I remember hearing a lot of critics say that the television show Lost had a plot that no one knew where it was going (including the writers), and I have a feeling that Marble Hornets is just as bad :lol:

I don't want to say that they were making it up as they go, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some major plot revisions that have happened over the course of production.

Having watched all of LOST, I agree with that assessment. But this show is still good for the moment.

I was impressed, as an amateur project it was very interesting if not a little in-cohesive.

The ending was pretty disappointing though.

I was impressed, as an amateur project it was very interesting if not a little in-cohesive.

The ending was pretty disappointing though.

I don't think that's the ending. It looks like they'll continue to upload more.

Yeah, that definitely wasn't the ending.

The newest episode (#42) just went up.

Some of the tension seems to be sapped when you watch them as they're being released (weekly?), rather than in one big chunk. I might wait until this season is finished before continuing.

"I thought I'd take a look around while I was waiting. I got kind of lost, I guess."
"You got lost in woods you've never been in?"

Loved that line.

Some of the tension seems to be sapped when you watch them as they're being released (weekly?), rather than in one big chunk. I might wait until this season is finished before continuing.

I agree with that. I watched them all in one big chunk over the weekend, and watching this one a few days later took out the tension just as you said. It could have been the episode itself though.

Is it even broken up into "seasons?" It seems like they don't have a schedule at all, and just post as they can when they can. Or maybe it has more to do with the plot being a first person story being told "live."

I agree with that. I watched them all in one big chunk over the weekend, and watching this one a few days later took out the tension just as you said. It could have been the episode itself though.

True, this one was a bit of filler after a couple of rather intense episodes. That said, I would be on the edge of my seat watching this one had I seen the last dozen or so in a single sitting.

Is it even broken up into "seasons?" It seems like they don't have a schedule at all, and just post as they can when they can. Or maybe it has more to do with the plot being a first person story being told "live."

Sort of. From what I gather #26 marks the end of season one and there was a bit of a gap before new episodes were released.

Edit: Possibly a seventh month gap ;)

Top Bottom