March without Medic question

emills

Warlord
The mechanized infantry starts with the "March" promotion. When highlighted, the march promotion states, "Can heal while moving." My question is if you do not get the medic I, does the mech infantry get the 10% healing bonus? If not, I would assume that the mech infantry gets the "standard" (i.e parked, no medic I) healing rate while moving.

During my game, I wasn't sure so I just went ahead and grabbed the medic 1 (since I was aggressive and had combat I).

AFAIK, march without medic works by enabling the standard healing rate even if moved. (10%/20%/30% city/local/distant calculations)

How about this question:

Does a Medic I or II promoted Mech Inf (or anything with March) also heal units in same/adjacent tiles while moving? That is, if you have a Mech Inf with Medic II in a stack of four other units, all of which are damaged, do they all heal while on the move, or just the Mech Inf?

Follow up: Since Medic II also heals adjacent tile units, could would parralel lines of units all get heal while on the move? Diagram (if O is the stack with a mech inf with Medic II and March and X is any other damaged stack):

^
| Direction of travel
|
XOX
X

Would all the "X" stacked units heal on the move?

March only works for the individual unit that has that promotion. Both Medic promotions only work for other units while both the medic and the units that need healing are stationary.

A unit with Medic heals itself and all other units faster but only if they are not moving. A unit with March only heals itself when moving, it doesn't heal other units.

Top Bottom