Margaland

rvarnell

Chieftain
Just showed up. Do I kill him? Or can I catch him? Catching him leads me to two other questions:

1) Can beasts be dominated by an archmage (I'm closer to arcane lore & sorcery than animal mastery).
2) If a beastmaster is the only way to get him, do I actually want him at that point?

PS - at this point he's just destroying improvements and the random puppet that I put in his way (I'm playing the balseraths [sp?]), not attacking cities. He also isn't healing from the minor damage the puppet's have done to him. I assume that he can level up the same as any other beast or creature, right?

Beasts can be dominated, but their high strength makes the spell less likely to succeed.

Beasts can be captured by units with the Command promotions, although of course that does not have a 100% change of capturing it like Subdue Beasts does.

Beastmasters no longer get the Subdue Beast promotion for free, but any recon unit can buy it after Animal Mastery.

Yes, Margalard can level up like any beast.

Also considering Margalard's vast strength, If you can get him he's a very useful addition to your forces. If not, well extra XP for your heroes is always handy.

Send Naomi Watts out to to an embarrassing and implausible vaudeville act, he will be yours (but it will take twice as long as it strictly needed to take)

Top Bottom