1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. pzelda

pzelda King

Would you like to claim something? Or do you have some other reason to say so?

2. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

I already claimed my power could be used in a weak investigative manner, and that I could catch someone in a lie. I believe to have caught you in such a lie.

3. pzelda

pzelda King

What I am concerned about is that your role is a common mafia power, Argon. Most of us deal with coins in some way (and there probably are slightly altered doubles. I doubt Johanna for his claim, but it's not a good reason for me to sr him. I mostly treat this game as mountainous, unless someone claims something different than coin distribution altering role).

4. pzelda

pzelda King

I altered my motivation for stealing from Tim, but other than that there's no lie in my post.

5. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

My peek on you last night failed. So my previous post was just a bluff to gauge your reaction. It was a long shot seeing how if scummy, you'd probably know that my action had failed. Your reaction to my accusation is weirdly muted though?

Time for mass claim, everybody? If we assume that individual mafia members can't do coin stuff or whatever, and kill at the same night, we should be able to draw some conclusions if everybody claims abilities and actions.

6. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

Do you mean your initial claim that LordArgon should not be lynched "because reasons" was a bluff? Or a more recent post?

7. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

@Snerk
    I'm on the right page now. No need to answer this.

Snerk and Synsensa like this.
  8. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

The bluff does highlight the weakness behind everyone role claiming. There's nothing stopping any of us from simply lying, and nobody will know. The lynch/murder posts also don't reveal roles, so there isn't even a "look under the hood" element available.

9. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Lies can be definitely be unraveled. Either through other abilities, or through confirmation on whether coins were received or stolen as players are notified on this.

10. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

Okay, but who stole my coin?

11. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Who did you guard last night?

Yakostovian likes this.
  12. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

He already said that he guarded me.

13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

So why did you steal my coins?

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I thought that just about everybody already claimed their coin related night powers yesterday. Monty was putting together exactly the kind of balance sheet approach you are talking about. You weren't around, and I sort of wondered if your "best power ever" was more than just coin stuff. Anyway, I'm in favor of filling in any blanks that are left in Monty's coin power accounting.

15. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Good, a sheet with claims of abilities and night actions would be great. My best role ever boast was mostly just a joke/wifom. I can peek at abilities. I'd suspect it can't directly reveal alignments but can at least back up ability claims. Looks like one scum killed Visor and another blocked me. So if we can account for as many night actions as possible it would help put us on the trail. Pzelda also claims to have been blocked. I may of course not have been roleblocked per se, other shenanigans could have been in play.

For now I guess Yako's 99% lie read takes precedence.

vote: Pzelda

16. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I see the point. I think since we already had the big discussion of coin abilities there is something to be gained from updating it with how we used them. As stated previously, I can create up to four coins for a target. N2 I gave four to Monty. Monty can verify that. I won't say if anything happened to me until someone claims it, but if someone does I'll verify it if it is true.

17. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I targeted you N1 and got a result that said you could target a player where both you and that player would receive two coins. The phrasing of my ability indicates that my results will be a modified version of the original ability. Just to mix things up a little I guess.

18. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Oops. Missed that.

I already stated my targets: Dolbster and Csargo. I got my bonus both nights, meaning someone else targeted them.

Dolbster obviously was NK'd, but who else targeted Csargo?

19. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Well, that night I did give Raskol two coins. Maybe it showed up as two because that's what I was doing that night, but it is a variable amount up to four.

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

And I do get a coin for using my ability, otherwise I wouldn't be likely to use it.

JohannaK likes this.