1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

She said she would have just taken the L, suggesting that Snerk was more useful to the town than she was likely to be.
    Options as scum...get on Manasi or intentionally afk. Looking back the fact is that Raskol had done both of those things. Made a wrong read against an innocent townster and pushed it all day long as his way of "contributing," and then been apparently afk through the whole EOD drama only to appear a minute later. I think that line is what got Dolbster night killed. If he kept pressing his t v t v t theory, and analyzed day one heavily from that perspective, Raskol was gonna look bad. Really bad.

2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I understand that now...in spades.

Okay. @Csargo, fair enough. I'll not be tunneling you over it. Or even adding it to the things I'm already inclined to tunnel you over.

JohannaK and Csargo like this.
  3. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

Please forgive me while I wait for Pzelda to explain himself first.

Csargo likes this.
  4. Csargo

Csargo King

I'd like to know what he's lying about?

5. Csargo

Csargo King

Ninja'd

6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

First thing out the gate day two. As usual, I was irritated at Visor because he had given no reasoning beforehand, and gave none here.

Next thing out the gate was me lighting the weeds on fire to smoke out the non-participatory. I started with LordArgon, FWIW.

7. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I'm eagerly awaiting both of these explanations.

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Csargo gave his whole reads list. I include this clipping because he commented on Manasi. It's also interesting that despite all of Raskol's 'contribution' Csargo had him as a blank.

Speak of the blank, shortly thereafter Raskol appeared and joined the new potential Manasi wagon. Apparently the first day's case

Pzelda popped in with another "reads on everyone" list.

Then Raskol showed up with charts and includes a little dig at Manasi and throws some vague shade around.

I keep pointing out these vague shades from Raskol because any one of them could have lead to some sort of press against somebody, but none of them seemed to even momentarily distract him from the Manasi wagon that he was quietly riding.

9. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

As am I.
    Pzelda dipped out shortly after defending his N1 action on you, Tim. In particular, I don't understand why he would focus on that part of his statement regarding my accusation against him.

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Interesting exchange between Manasi and Raskol, ending with Manasi wrongly stating that Visor was the first to push on her. That actually was Raskol.

11. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

The thing I thought was weird is that he did admit to giving a false reason for targeting me. I asked what the real reason was and I'm thinking that better be included in his explanation.

12. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Trying to get an explanation out of Manasi. Of course this got nowhere. If Csargo wanted to lynch Manasi I can't really blame him.

13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

@Takhisis if you ever want to lynch Manasi day one in some future game, remind me of this post.

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I got around to asking why Raskol still seemed committed to Manasi as wolf, and shortly after a Zack wagon appears out of nowhere, made up of nothing.

Even Pzelda was like "WTF? how did my vote start a wagon here?" I include this because both Visor and Raskol in their inexplicable leaps onto the Zack wagon were jumping off of the not quite a wgon really two seater Manasi wagon. I actually took that as a good sign, thinking we could move on to pressing people who might be informative rather than just getting clowned all day by Manasi without learning anything.

15. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

This has nothing to do with the whole Manasi question, at least directly, but I have to ask...

This comes from the middle of day two, and having hopped on the Zack wagon Raskol was off the Manasi wagon for the first time in the entire proceeding. "Keeps jumping on new wagons"? Seriously?

16. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I'm burnt. I'll get back to digging through the Manasi wagons investigation later. I know there's an inclination to say "Tim has tunneled in on Raskol, :pat:, now, who has a serious read." I remind you that I didn't start out with Raskol as a suspect, I'm just reading the thread. I have quoted up just about everything related to Manasi, filtering out fluff conversations she started. Raskol did push her all day on day one, only going idle (but not changing his vote) towards the end while we were lynching a different townie. That's not me tunneling, that's just what happened.

RRRaskolnikov and Synsensa like this.
  17. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I admire the effort, tbh.

Yako, when will you reveal pzelda's lie if he doesn't come by to defend himself?

18. Montmorency

Montmorency King

I might have a comment about Tim and Rask later. So far, I believe Tim is making the case that Rask had a manipulative agenda around the Manasi lynch and hasn't been trying to solve. One interaction that stood out, as quoted, was Rask's offhand suggestion that Manasi and Visor are partnered. Also, I was very pinged by the sudden Zack wagon and thought it could indicated 2 or 3 of Zelda-Visor-Rask-Zack were scum. Visor was of course town. But that wagon dissolved quickly, and let's see: Tim voted Zelda, Visor moved onto Choxorn. and Rask moved onto Zelda. Both Visor and Rask voted without comment, but I think this can be interpreted as distancing if Rask and Zelda are paired.

Tim, see the list below and follow the link to an article on the Deflector role.

Summary of N2 claims
    : Argon protected Tim, had a coin stolen. Snerk says Argon lied about something because Snerk's role scan failed. Johanna robbed Dolbster N1, robbed Csargo N2 but got a bonus so someone else visited Csargo. Zelda confirmed Tim robbed N1, targeted Visor N2, but failed for some reason (block?). Yako says Zelda is lying. Tim gave 4 coins to Monty (this is confirmed). Csargo is a bus driver or deflector role who targeted Mary/Newyn and Argon ("If I'm targeted it targets the person I'm hiding behind"). Csargo also claims he was targeted N1.

Questions:
    1. It has to be admitted that Zelda's claim to have robbed a dying townie is like a classic mafia cover story. Let alone having been blocked while doing it.
    2. Logic, what is your role and why do you say is Zelda lying (I can wait)? And is it similar to Newyn's?
    3. Csargo, to distinguish between whether you are deflector or bus driver: would any actions targeting Argon last night have affected you? If yes, then bus driver. If not, then deflector.
    4. Csargo, how do you know you were targeted N1? Do you receive a message that you have been targeted, or do you infer it from the thread? Because Newyn never claimed to have been acted upon to my knowledge.

So if Csargo deflected Johanna's steal onto Argon, then Johanna should have gained a bonus from his+Csargo's action on Argon. Johanna confirms bonus. But Argon says only one coin was stolen. SOMEONE IS LYING HERE

CLAIMS LIST
    (
    help me fill it out with anything already in-thread)

Argon - bodyguard, protected Csargo N1, robbed N2
    N1: Csargo
    N2: Tim; robbed of 1 coin

Snerk - has the best role of his life (modified role cop)
    N1: scanned Tim as give-2-get-2 coins, awarded 2 coins (by Visor)
    N2: Scan on Argon failed so he is lying (blocked?)

Rask - ?
    N1: awarded 2 coins
    N2:

Johanna - stealer role, gets two coins if target is also targeted by someone else (motion detector)
    N1: targeted Dolbster
    N2: targeted Csargo but gained bonus (someone else visited Csargo)

Zack - ?
    N1: awarded 2 coins (by Visor)
    N2:

Zelda - stealing ability
    N1: targeted Tim
    N2: targeted Visor but failed

Logic - coin power that could instead be used in an investigative manner,
    N1: not used
    N2: Zelda is lying

Newyn - similar minor power that could be adapted creatively as above
    N1:
    N2:

Csargo - deflector (ghost, "If I'm targeted it targets the person I'm hiding behind")
    N1: Newyn 2.0
    N2: Argon

Choxorn - ?
    Synsensa - ?
    Tak - ?

Tim - coin-disbursing power (1-4 to one or 2 to two), 1 coin gained per use
    N1: Gave 2 to Rask, had 2 robbed
    N2: Gave 4 to Monty

Visor - coin-disbursing power (1-4 to one or 2 to two) targeted Zack and Snerk N1
    Monty - very powerful lynch-manipulating ability, received 4 coins N2

See above.

What was the false reason again?

19. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Someone between Snerk, Johanna, Csargo, and Argon must be lying.

Snerk targeted Argon. Csargo targeted Argon. Johanna via Csargo would have targeted Argon. This stack of actions must result in a bonus for Johanna per his role, and he confirmed a bonus. You only need two actions for a bonus but from the claims Argon was targeted by 3. Yet Argon claims to have been robbed of a SINGLE coin.

Just wanted to emphasize that separately. What's up?

20. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

That's very thorough. I like what I see, I wanna check something and sleep on it first.