1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

From what I understand my bonus comes from Topsecret's pocket, the target only loses one coin. I also get only one extra coin, no matter how many other people target the guy. If Snerk's ability is peeping and Csargo is hiding, it all works out.

2. Montmorency

Montmorency King

OK, that's good to know. But there's a further problem.

On N1, Snerk targeted Tim. Zelda also targeted Tim. I forget if Zelda ever claimed a number of coins stolen, but I do recall - and have it recorded - that Tim claimed the loss of 2 coins.

So...

Tim, something you missed on Rask's reads. I had tried to make a simplified list of people's town and scum reads, and this was Rask's response.

3. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

OK I am back. I'll make several posts so it's more readable. (and since I became the new Snerk!)

Tim was robbed? I just quickly went through the last 24hour posts and saw nothing. I missed it?
    Anyway, I'll keep my words (see D1 exchange with Tim) and vote: Timsup2nothin.

4. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

Add this: my ability (Koopa Paratroopa) is to protect people from minor harmful actions (e.g. rôleblockers and coin-thiefs) and I get one shiny coin for every person who's targetted them that night and I saved them from (if they're killed I don't know what happens) plus 1 for myself for getting off my arse. And no, I don't get to see actions against them from which I cannot protect them nor can I see what abilities they use or on whom they use them.
    N1 Zack, 2 coins
    N2 LordArgon, 2 coins.
    So that'd be one other person targetting Zack on N1 and N2 respectively.

I'm not sure how Csargo hiding behind LordArgon counts, though. :dunno:
    We can wait then.

5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

So, I'm a likely NK and won't win anyway...stealing from me does no harm. That seems to be the original reason. He later says that was false, but doesn't give his real reason.

My question is whether the 'Yako caught a lie power' has pushed him into saying 'well, I did tell this minor lie' in hopes that Yako will be satisfied.

That said, the whole thing doesn't ring true at all. If he really doesn't care about winning the coin thing, fine. But taking that not caring so far that he looked for a way to steal coins that wouldn't influence who does win? That's a reach. A huge reach since if he really doesn't want to influence the outcome and also doesn't care about getting coins he could just not steal any coins at all.

6. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Why are you so sure you will be NKed? Something you want us to believe? (like, you can't be a wolf)

7. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

How? What posts are giving you that impression? We have basically nothing to work with except he is not under the Choxorn line? *shrugs*

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Honorable. For the record, you're the new Seon, not the new Snerk. Snerk has always been "this is odd, not much but odd, and until I see something serious I'll just gnaw on it." No, my friend, you are in way deeper than that.

9. Montmorency

Montmorency King

So according to claims Argon was targeted by:

Snerk - scan (failed)
    Csargo - deflect
    Johanna - steal (via Csargo)
    Tak - minor protect

So I don't understand Tak, are you saying your protect blocked Tim's scan but didn't stop Johanna's stealing???

This is important stuff for D3.

10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Visor and I were willing to lynch her, and the town went "everybody on waggons" happy. I won't speak for Visor (RIP Master), we can review his posts.
    Myself, I found her different than last game (more involved and less solving are the exact word I posted), and she was a good target for a policy in the absence of better leads. That were my D1 motivations. Then Zack/Visor votes (what I pointed out at EOD 1) made me think that there could be a pairing Manasi/Zack, or Manasi/Visor.
    I wanted to test that theory. Now you can look for other motivations, but mine are pretty clear I think.

11. JohannaK

So for this to add up would mean you blocked Snerk but not Csargo, and because my action got to Argon through Csargo, it also got through. Otherwise, if you had successfully blocked Csargo, I presume I would have stolen from him.

Ah, this figures since your two coins are one for Snerk and one for raising your butt.

12. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

I suppose that it is due to JohannaK actually targetting Csargo??

Also, my protection is against harmful abilities, as it says in my rôle PM. I'm not sure that scans are harmful.

13. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Yes. The fact she kept ignoring me did nothing to change my state of mind.

PS: I see you are posting, I finish with that reply burst and might start another one after.

14. Montmorency

Montmorency King

First, when I said "Tim's scan" above I meant "Snerk's scan." My apology.

OK, but then who did you stop out of Csargo, Snerk, Johanna? The only person whose action did not go through was Snerk.

I think we should try to resolve this guys, someone really probably has to be lying.

15. JohannaK

It's convoluted but it seems to work out, which is encouraging.

16. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Full quote Raskol responded to:
    An interesting question. Argon figured me as the NK and protected me. Snerk suggested a good reason for the wolves to NOT NK me was the abundant "town smear" making me too likely to be protected. Overall I can't explain it, but I seem to be widely accepted as "too towny to lynch," so I'm riding with it.

As to the line you singled out, when I said "we know where I'm headed" it was because maybe an hour before I had said this:

I'm still thinking about that, but as I said there might have been some strong information to distract me. There was. You're it.

17. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

I have no way of telling. I am simply told how many coins I actually got and have to infer as much as I can from that.

18. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Link me please (otherwise I'll search a bit later). From memory I was replying to a post by Montmo, where he used that specific wording. I'll get more precise once I get my hands on this post.

19. JohannaK

How many people do you infer yoi stopped tonight?

20. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

Supposedly, one.