1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

NM, ninja'd.

2. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Rask and Zelda covering each other's asses. It wouldnt be exactly shocking if they both turned out to be wolves.

3. Takhisis

Takhisis brown-haired beauty

See Section IV in the rules. Secrets may not be copied. :(
    If any of my currently 7 coins are stolen, I swear to Glob that I am going to wring JohannaK's[/QUOTE]
    Are you asking me to reveal my coin total?

4. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Rask, you have a block, a passive ability granting you new abilities on mislynch, and MORE?

Vote: Rask

This guy has to be scum. @Zack

5. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

going on with my ability claiming.

My first ability (the blocking one was gained after Manasi's death) is that I can target a player, and will get one more coin that what he gained (during the game I believe but it's not clear). I targeted Dolbster with it N1 but it failed.

6. Takhisis

Argh, freaking new pages and their saved quotes.

7. JohannaK

I am inclined to agree. This role claim is outrageous. Tim's investigation already pointed to a Zelda-Rask connection, and this was like, wow, next level.

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I have discipline, so I intend to finish my annotated read through regarding the Manasi wagons, but Raskol already looks so bad that unless someone shows up growing teeth claws and hair and starts biting people right in front of me my vote is probably locked.

9. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Are you asking me to reveal my coin total?[/QUOTE]

Nah dude.

Gimme gimme that role.

What if the target loses coins?

10. topsecret

topsecret Believer

I'll get a tally up sometime around here.

11. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Getting back on replying to Tim

Yes you are absolutly right.

1) I didn't push too hard because it's silly on D1. I was undecided. Not sure "care" is the right word. undecided, I was OK to see what other people reads/analysis could reveal.
    2) I immediatly posted my thoughs about EOD1 while it was hot. The voting pattern D1 did strenghtened my wish of pushing the Manasi lead on D2.

12. Takhisis

I am a Koopa Paratroopa, i.e. a winged tortoise. My ability is called fly and carry. I ‘protect’ one target a night from harmful non-lethal actions by picking them up and flying off (paraphrasing, of course) and earn coins as described earlier.
    Of course, it's been left ambiguous whether I can protect from more than one action every night. Perhaps I can only protect them the once and afterwards, in Mario game terms, they are knocked out of my grip?

I started out with three coins and have had none stolen so far (let's make this open, I will wring the Spaniard's neck if he steals as much as a bent copper from me) so that's 7 coins.

13. JohannaK

Vote: Zelda. Raskol sure looks awful, but him and Zelda look 100% buddies.

14. Takhisis

Also, Monty, are you all right? You're suddenly calling me Tak instead of Barto.

15. JohannaK

I don't technically steal coins. I am a thwomp. I knock one coin out of the target's purse then get mine. Nowhere in my role does it say that it is the same coin.

16. JohannaK

There's also other thiefs, so calm your Scottishness.

17. Takhisis

You'd be causing me to lose coins.

Thanks for admitting to being a Spaniard btw. :p

18. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Ok the argument is that instead of focusing on your theories, I shared mine?

You were discussing about Manasi reaction to the incoming lynch. OK, I had nothing to add. I have read it and still don't see how this could be a definitive thing to base reads on. It can be a thing, it can be total science fiction
    Then there is Dolbster t v t v t theory. It makes more sense now, (seing how everyone wagonned on D2), but D1, it was just his claim.

So, what are you getting at? you are either overthinking it (and tunneling), either misleading (wolfing). Good pressure indeed.

19. JohannaK

I'm too tired to be angry or argue.

20. Montmorency

Montmorency King

If you claim to be a roleblocker:
    • You absolutely have to have that power. If you are told to block someone, you'd better be able to do it. Otherwise you're the next lynch. Townies who can do ANY action can disprove your power, so they'll likely come forward and say "Oh yeah? Block me."
    • I've checked. In games where the mafia are on large teams and have multiple powers, some of them killing, some of them other kinds of powers, almost 100% of the time, one of the powers they have is being a roleblocker. If you claim roleblocker, you are likely mafia, point blank. Especially if you don't die. Claiming roleblocker is usually a death sentence. If you're told to block your own mafia partner, and someone tracks you somewhere else, or watches your partner and doesn't see you, or scans you or your partner, and you don't block your partner, then you and your partner are both dead. You can ruin your own team by claiming blocker. Especially if it is just you and him in the endgame. Roleblocker is one of the WORST claims a mafia can make. It can save you from a lynch, maybe. But it's very, very temporary. I highly advise you do not claim blocker.
    • There are rarely duplicate townie roleblockers. If another roleblocker exists and you claim, you're either a blocked townie roleblocker and therefore useless, or an outed scumbag. Bad move.
    I use interchangeably.

@pzelda Can you describe your ability in more detail?