1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Fair enough...Pzelda thought he did something, but you blocked him...source of confusion. I get it.

Moving on. You were saying how you are a badly trapped wolf? Or something to that effect anyway. Continue.

2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

"I'm not a wolf, I'm Bowser." Well, we certainly don't want to lynch Bowser.

Anyone believe him? Anyone got a plan for how to test this claim? Other than lynch him and see, obviously.

3. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

:wallbash: (it can be seen both ways, you or me as the wall :p)

replies in purple.

4. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Point was that if your power only affected coins, and Pzelda the wolf having more coins didn't really help the team cause anyway, why not? I'm totally a team player...but as long as it doesn't interfere with the team I'm scruffling for coins and have been since my first post. I'm not ashamed of that.

5. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

:lol: At least this is funny. keep it up.

There. Most importantly, we got to find at least one wolf today, because if not lunched, I will be NKed and turn town, and it's still 6 - 0

6. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I am off btw (slept 1h30 over the last 24), keep up the good work ;)

7. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Sleep well your highness.

BTW, your powers don't seem that impressive and there is the bodyguard to consider, so that NK is iffy should you somehow avoid being lynched.

8. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Him being Bowser would certainly jive with the claim that his powers increase with each mislynch.

choxorn and JohannaK like this.
  9. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

I think that we have no choice but to accept that claim barring a credible counterclaim.

10. Montmorency

Montmorency King

We need @pzelda , after he responds to Logic, to explain his role further. Are the mechanics different from Johanna's, such that Tim could lose 2 coins in a theft+bonus, but Argon 1 coin in a theft+bonus?

@Snerk , please comment on Tak's role and actions.

Tim, comments on roleblock doctrine?

Choxorn, Synsensa, Newyn, any role info?

You could be lying, especially to protect a partner. I am really not here for your response to Tim's suss.

I was going to reread Tak's last game to compare, but your thread behavior plus your role claim is overwhelmingly scummy on its own. No no no no no. No sir. There is simply no way a townie has that roleset in this game, let alone behaves the way you are.

Tim, it never makes sense for scum to block a teammate unless they think they have to put on a show for a cop or a tracker or something. In a game like this, where Rask hadn't claimed and town roles abound, scum-Rask blocks someone off his team every time.

Anyway, you should consider the possibility that a scum-Rask would lie about his actions, as they are not verifiable.

Rask never claimed to be Bowser!!!!! And if there is a Bowser role in this game, it seems doubtful it would gain power through mislynches (which directly benefit Mafia as you know).

Partial confirmation (if we somehow don't lynch here) - Snerk scans Rask while Argon protects Snerk. But that would only give role, not alignment, information.

Why don't you think it could be a scummy claim?

11. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Well, yeah, he kinda did...

This game might defy it. If a "roleblock" ability relates just to coin powers it just isn't really that big a deal, from the main game perspective.
    And that same "this game might defy it" goes here. If scum-Rask looks at his powers and can legitimately say "there is nothing I can do with this to help the team, period," then there is no telling who he might use it on. Look at how many of us have powers that are of no use whatever in the team game. I can give people coins. That doesn't help the town, or if I am a wolf it doesn't help the wolves. Jo can steal coins. That doesn't hurt whatever team the victim is on, or help whatever team Jo is on.

Believe me, the thought that Rask is a cornered wolf spewing any sort of lie that might get him off the hook is front and center in my mind. Unfortunately, right behind it is "what if he is telling the truth here?"

The bottom line question is: DO WE COLLECTIVELY THINK THAT SOMEONE GOT ASSIGNED AS BOWSER?

If we think so...and frankly I think it seems really likely, then we really have a problem because if it isn't Rask then it has to be someone else, and there are just not a lot of candidates.

12. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

This by the way is another problem, because I think you are wrong. Mislynch is good for Mafia...Bowser gets more powers. That's balance. If things are going well for the town, fine we keep on plugging. If things are going poorly for the town our PR gets more powerful...keeps outcome in doubt.

13. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Hmm... Unvote

I suppose he could be acting this way influenced by his status as a knowledgeable major PR, but I don't like the situation.

I checked and I only saw him describe it as a block, not as a coin power block. A typical roleblock will block any action.

Assuming there is a Bowser and you, Argon, Snerk, Rask, Johanna, Zelda, Yako, Newyn, Csargo, and Tak are all truthful and complete about your roles, and so are town, Mario and Luigi would have to be among Choxorn, Zack, and Synsensa.

14. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

This is Pzelda's claim, for the record.
    I have reason to believe that Pzelda is lying, and nothing about your claim of a block counters my information.

15. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Man, I hate being the rain on the parade all the time...but these various coin powers aren't necessarily town. Take Me, for example. I could be telling the absolute truth about being able to give coins, and just not saying that I am also a plumber's helper. (I'm not, by the way...I am a town bound coin dispenser, but you see the point I'm sure)

I just went hunting for the whole coin power claims conversation and couldn't find it. I know Chox claimed some lame coin scanning power. Did Syn and Zack not cop to what their coin powers were? Have they still not?

16. Montmorency

Montmorency King

You know what Tim, you're right. That's why we need to report our role names.

Tak is Koopa Paratroopa.

I am "Sun." As in, I am literally the sun. No wonder I'm so great.

Scum might have cover roles, but more information is always good. Let's put it to the test.

Now what about the block power?

17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I am the Coin Coffer...hack hack, and up come the coins. Um, you may want to disinfect there Monty.

Unfortunately don't have any "Koopa" in my name. Of course, neither do at least some of our departed brethren. This is still a good idea though.

@Synsensa would you mind complying here?

18. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

What are your abilities again, oh mighty orb?

19. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Speaking of interesting role name reveals...Tak is "Koopa Paratroopa." By "pinioned counterpart," do you mean same power, opposing side?

20. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

I mean I'm a wingless Koopa Troopa.