Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

He did say he gets one coin for himself and one each for each action he blocks. Obvioisly he did not block Csargo and subsequently my action, so he only got one for stopping Snerk.

Keep in mind that scum would not have known who was targeting who, so it can't have been to protect Argon specifically.

Agreed. It happened to keep us from getting confirmation on LA, but I'm sure it was intended to keep the scum aligned role blocker from being revealed.

I mean that Tal's coin count checks out with the claimed actions that were successful or failed.

He did say he gets one coin for himself and one each for each action he blocks. Obvioisly he did not block Csargo and subsequently my action, so he only got one for stopping Snerk.

No, he said he gets one coin for each action targeting his target. As long as the info provided is accurate it doesn't matter whether the targeting is an action that he can block or not.

No, he said he gets one coin for each action targeting his target. As long as the info provided is accurate it doesn't matter whether the targeting is an action that he can block or not.
My bad, you're right...he did say "that I saved them from."

He wasn't protected, but he was targeted...Visor gave him coins.

Tak says he gets coins for protecting from harmful actions. Getting coins is like the most opposite possible night action from harmful.

I have something to reveal. I actually have 10 coins. I received 2 from (probably) Visor last night, on top of the 4 from Tim. Tim claimed he received 2 last night.

So if Visor targeted me and Tim, then Tak really needs to clarify how many coins he received last night and from what sources.

LEANS

Town: Tim
Zack

Town-lean: Yako
Newyn (?)

Resolve conflict:
Snerk
Tak
Argon
Johanna
Csargo

Shady claims:
Chox
Syn
Rask

Scum-lean:
Zelda

Tak's role claim is unraveling here. He had a whole conversation somewhere about whether protecting against one attacker might make him 'drop' his protectee leaving them vulnerable to multiple targeting, but in his supposed direct quote of his role description it talks about rewarding him more for protecting against multiple actions. Meanwhile, his accounting only works if he gets rewarded based on his protectee being targeted even if they are targeted with an action that requires no protection.

Fair enough. What do you think of Syns and his Red Coin Coffer claim?

For the record, my role is just Coin Coffer. No color. And my ability, which has been verifiably demonstrated, is not remotely similar to what Syns is claiming.

Hard to believe I must be honnest. The 3 days to charge part mostly. But maybe TS got creative here. I don't think the "Red" means anything. We are looking for plumbers here.

So, I'm going to state, as a fact, there is a roleblocker among the wolves.

I am leaning toward this too.

Tim, what do you have to say about Rask wielding a full block? (...)

:D

Fine work, Tom Sawyer. Somehow you convinced a player that a legit host would coerce them into doing unofficial tallies. Now that you've claimed though, there's no chance you can target a mafia and trick them into posting a code word to (allegedly) link up with scum who doesn't know their teammates.

Montmo, keep in mind that this roleblock ability was unlocked after the lynches of 2 townies. I didn't have it at game start. Also, I am not sure it's a full block. I am not even sure how the NK works. It could be a specific ability of a particular wolf (or 2), or it's team decision and the host executes (like in Tak's game). So I don't know if I can prevent a NK. I guess we'll discuss this later if I am not lunched.

I just like the last part I quoted. What do you think about the coercision though? Zack nicely bluffing Syn? Anything else about Zack? What does it tell about Syn? Really nice? Scared townie? or are both Syn/Zack wolfing?

If y'all gonna rob me, then the lynch must be either Zelda or Choxorn. :p

Tak's role claim is unraveling here. He had a whole conversation somewhere about whether protecting against one attacker might make him 'drop' his protectee leaving them vulnerable to multiple targeting, but in his supposed direct quote of his role description it talks about rewarding him more for protecting against multiple actions. Meanwhile, his accounting only works if he gets rewarded based on his protectee being targeted even if they are targeted with an action that requires no protection.

I don't recall that. He said: "my ability is to protect people from minor harmful actions (e.g. [possibly] rôleblockers and coin-thiefs) and I get one shiny coin for every person who's targetted them that night and I saved them from (if they're killed I don't know what happens) plus 1 for myself for getting off my arse. And no, I don't get to see actions against them from which I cannot protect them nor can I see what abilities they use or on whom they use them."

Montmo, keep in mind that this roleblock ability was unlocked after the lynches of 2 townies. I didn't have it at game start. Also, I am not sure it's a full block. I am not even sure how the NK works. It could be a specific ability of a particular wolf (or 2), or it's team decision and the host executes (like in Tak's game). So I don't know if I can prevent a NK. I guess we'll discuss this later if I am not lunched.

I just like the last part I quoted. What do you think about the coercision though? Zack nicely bluffing Syn? Anything else about Zack? What does it tell about Syn? Really nice? Scared townie? or are both Syn/Zack wolfing?

I've never heard of an ability described as "roleblock" that doesn't stop an assigned killer from killing. We should assume that it does. But let's admit that if you and Zelda are partners it all makes perfect sense: Zelda kills Visor, you block Snerk.

I'm not sure how much it says about Syn. Unless there are hidden mafia or 3Ps, I would say Zack's role is town-leaning (though I wonder if he doesn't have another he's hiding). Even if there are 3P out there I would still lean town on Zack. If there are hidden Mafia we will never know. And it's a rare mechanic anyway.

Why such a strong town lean on Zack?

I think in most cases his role and the way he contacted me are probably town-sided. Also I don't really have anything against Zack's play, adjusted for RL stuff.

I don't recall that. He said: "my ability is to protect people from minor harmful actions (e.g. [possibly] rôleblockers and coin-thiefs) and I get one shiny coin for every person who's targetted them that night and I saved them from (if they're killed I don't know what happens) plus 1 for myself for getting off my arse. And no, I don't get to see actions against them from which I cannot protect them nor can I see what abilities they use or on whom they use them."

I am a Koopa Paratroopa, i.e. a winged tortoise. My ability is called fly and carry. I ‘protect’ one target a night from harmful non-lethal actions by picking them up and flying off (paraphrasing, of course) and earn coins as described earlier.
Of course, it's been left ambiguous whether I can protect from more than one action every night. Perhaps I can only protect them the once and afterwards, in Mario game terms, they are knocked out of my grip?

I started out with three coins and have had none stolen so far (let's make this open, I will wring the Spaniard's neck if he steals as much as a bent copper from me) so that's 7 coins.

:dunno:
But if (jokes aside) your character's ability physically knocks coins off people then physically players could get knocked out of my hands, which is what I think happened here.

These both seem to contradict the "I get one coin for every person that targeted them and I saved them from." That doesn't seem ambiguous at all.

The biggest problem with lying is that you have to remember the lies you tell so you don't tell a different one later.

*sigh*

The thing is, there are more people with 'odd' claims than there can be hostiles.

Btw, if it were F5 including you and Zack, I think that's the juncture at which we need some closure, but functionally, for now, you could say I'm locking you and Zack down.

I've never heard of an ability described as "roleblock" that doesn't stop an assigned killer from killing. We should assume that it does. But let's admit that if you and Zelda are partners it all makes perfect sense: Zelda kills Visor, you block Snerk.

I hope it does.
We aren't partners btw. I am OK to lynch pzelda today. (the triple tie is OK for me right now. We might get info if mafia try to save one of them).

On another subject, what about Tak targeting LA N2? believing the town vig thing? (I am not tbh)

What does F3 or F5 mean? I have been confused for some time

*sigh*

The thing is, there are more people with 'odd' claims than there can be hostiles.

Btw, if it were F5 including you and Zack, I think that's the juncture at which we need some closure, but functionally, for now, you could say I'm locking you and Zack down.

I'm pretty much accepting the odd claims.

Raskol is claiming to be Bowser. I expect there would be a Bowser. I would expect Bowser to have some...interesting...powers. I think Raskol got targeted, more or less randomly, by a scum roleblocker on night one. I can't see a scum roleblocker targeting scum.

LordArgon is claiming to be Sergent Guy with a bodyguard ability. His reaction to Dolbster getting NK on N1 is consistent with that, even though at the time he had not made the claim. In a Koopa Kingdom setting where everyone has some sort of ability a Sergent Guy with a bodyguard ability seems reasonable enough. Having not put together a mafia roleblocker a fake claim bodyguard ability in the face of a possible ability peeker would be a high risk play.

Choxorn claims to be Bowser Jr. Okay, why not? Coming up with 18 Mario Brothers related roles would certainly tax my limits. Would Bowser Jr not cross my mind as one? Of course there's a Bowser Jr. Is the associated ability weirdly useless? So Choxorn says. Maybe he isn't admitting some coin glomming aspect of it that would make all the thieves bum rush him. Maybe he inherits something cool if Bowser gets NK. I dunno, but I'm not inclined to dismiss Chox out of hand here.

But there are claims that aren't "odd," they just ring false.

Trying to come up with eighteen roles a reach to "Red Coin Coffer" is certainly not a stretch too far. But giving said Red Coin Coffer abilities that are totally at odds with the established abilities of the established Coin Coffer? Why would TS do that? He already had a full plate. A variant Coin Coffer? Cool, paste on the same Coin Coffer abilities and call it a day. Syn's claim rings false, which might explain why we had to chase him down and pry it out of him.

Tak's own descriptions of his abilities seem contradictory. That rings false. Maybe just an error, but I expect better of him than making an error like that if all he was doing was telling the truth.

Oh, and cool, lock Zack in. No complaints from me on that, I was just asking.

Top Bottom