1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. topsecret

topsecret Believer

Night Three ends in approximately 11 hours at 8:30 PM EST.

Don't forget to send in your night actions!

2. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Imma thwomp Montymon

3. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Kinky

4. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Wait, what? That's Monty's theory. I was working off the fact that Syn was publicly active with his concerns about Mary being missing having strong effects on the game and just wanted to see how Newyn 2.0 responded under pressure. He's not as patient as @Snerk, but of course there were two of us. Ultimately though, he didn't claim Bowser, so not as much fun as tunneling you was.

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

It is a unique ability, for sure. We have seen evidence that his claim is absolutely true though, while still possibly incomplete.

It was definitely a good call. One of the humor bright spots wading through D2 is watching him scurry about making tallies. I still find it odd compared to your N2 fishing expedition though. That was more the kind of usefulness I would expect a player of your caliber to be wringing out of that ability.

It also contributed to his game. He had already established in his D1 play that he was evading detection while in plain sight; making tallies, discussing game mechanics, being helpful/useful was demonstrating his involvement and distracting from the reality that he was barely playing the game.

6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Yeah, that ten coins is a pile. I'm sorta regretting my extravagance. He did step up and take responsibility to resolve the chaos at EoD2 though, so I was feeling grateful.

7. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

This was funny, but we have to acknowledge that if Mary rolled scum a third time in a row Syn was in a position to know it.

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

FWIW I kinda believe this.

9. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

From N2.

This was definitely a joke that fit the conversation at the time, but in hindsight it was also a subtle push for Argon to BG me and clear the deck for the NK on Visor. Another well done to @Synsensa.

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

This was me N2

I got dissed about the excessive assumption, but I'm more convinced than ever that EoD1 and EoD2 were TvTvT fiascos. My six is down to four, since Raskol turned up as Bowser and Syn has been accurately lynched; so Tak, Jo, Csargo, and Zelda are my lynch pool.

*hands Jo a towel*

If I were a betting man...oh, wait, I am a betting man...I'll give descent odds that Tak/Zelda are the remaining wolves, with Csargo as a not terribly long shot if one of them doesn't pan out. I challenge anyone to find me some good reasons to change my mind.

11. pzelda

pzelda King

This spews Newyn town imo.

12. pzelda

pzelda King

Tak is in my lynching pool as well.
    Why is Zack not out of question for you, Tim?

13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Welllllllll....

That's an interesting exchange that is made more interesting given Visor being NK and Syn being a wolf.

Did Syn panic and jump in to defend a wolf brother? Or did Tak and Syn amplify what could have been a throwaway joust between Visor and Zack into more of a shade than it was worth?

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

His blundering around in the chaos of EoD1 was too befuddled. If he was aware that both Newyn 1.0 and Manasi were town I can't see wolf-Zack getting so involved in the drama of choosing between them.

15. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Since this was your response at the time Monty, I have a question...would Tak have been around for that fake peek that caught Zack? Not necessarily involved in it, but at least in the game and available to make a note of it and bring it into play by using Syn as the foil?

16. pzelda

pzelda King

Now, this sounds like a good reason.

17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

This is Syn's first appearance on D3. I had just said that I was off the Chox train and was going to do the deep read that Visor had said he would be doing. I get three things from this.

1) The wolves did kill Visor to prevent him making the deep read he was openly intending to do. I've only played with him once, well, now twice, and I certainly wouldn't want him doing that if I were a wolf. Respect, @Visorslash.
    2) The wolves were happy to have the Choxorn train as the most obvious prospect for D3 lynch.
    3) The wolves had a laughing good time when my deep read turned up...Bowser.

18. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Syn's epitath. Well done Snerk.

19. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

So, having done a fair amount of my investigation of how we got so into lynching Manasi, I was tunneled on Raskol. Syn was pleased. So was Jo. This was before Raskol showed up and started trying to defend himself.

My ego said that Syn and Jo were impressed, cool. In retrospect Syn was just as much relieved as he was impressed. Jo?

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

BTW, it was AFTER this that Tak crafted up his role claim. It was thorough, and undoubtedly matches his role (or cover role) very well. But let's not forget that yesterday I was seeing it as unraveling, and he hasn't responded to that suspicion yet. I expect his response long about end of night, in the form of me waking up dead.