Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

I got dissed about the excessive assumption, but I'm more convinced than ever that EoD1 and EoD2 were TvTvT fiascos. My six is down to four, since Raskol turned up as Bowser and Syn has been accurately lynched; so Tak, Jo, Csargo, and Zelda are my lynch pool.

*hands Jo a towel*

If I were a betting man...oh, wait, I am a betting man...I'll give descent odds that Tak/Zelda are the remaining wolves, with Csargo as a not terribly long shot if one of them doesn't pan out. I challenge anyone to find me some good reasons to change my mind.

Finally we agree. As Monty suggested, lynch order matters. Who do we go for tmr? Tak or Zelda?

1) The wolves did kill Visor to prevent him making the deep read he was openly intending to do. I've only played with him once, well, now twice, and I certainly wouldn't want him doing that if I were a wolf. Respect, @Visorslash.
2) The wolves were happy to have the Choxorn train as the most obvious prospect for D3 lynch.
3) The wolves had a laughing good time when my deep read turned up...Bowser.

qft

vote: RRRaskolnikov

So, N2 had a gigantic discussion of roles, abilities, who had done what, how roles interacted, on and on and on. This all went on around my continuing dispute with Raskol which eventually merged with the role thing as he claimed Bowser with abilities to match. Syn was sitting the whole thing out, but I think Tak and Jo's participation should be closely examined. Then Syn popped through with the unexplained vote for Raskol. At the time I was thinking that I had done more than enough explaining for both of us so didn't take it as a big deal, but now I am willing to take it as further evidence that Raskol is probably Bowser and we ought not lynch him.

You know what Tim, you're right. That's why we need to report our role names.

I am the Coin Coffer...hack hack, and up come the coins. Um, you may want to disinfect there Monty.

Unfortunately don't have any "Koopa" in my name. Of course, neither do at least some of our departed brethren. This is still a good idea though.

@Synsensa would you mind complying here?

Well, yes...apparently he would mind. Well done Monty.

Not just well done either. There are those paranoid moments when the question "hey, how is it that we all came to take Monty as pure town?" crosses my mind. This makes me feel a lot better about it.

I expected you, Visor, and Snerk to be most likely to survive the longest this game. That's why I pushed Visor's behaviour so much (and I pushed yours, although that didn't lead anywhere). It led to people defending him and specifically putting him out of lynch contention. Then the mafia killed him. The rest: Snerk can confirm my ability tonight.

I'm not really doubting your ability, or that Snerk can confirm it. I'm just thinking that a far more likely role name to go with it than "Red Coin Coffer" would be "Luigi."

If I had said "Mario" I would expect this to get me consideration for the Mafia HoF.

I also think that the whole 'three day charge coin steal' is a great cover ability claim to disguise the fact that Syn had an ability that he would never want to cop to and was using it every night. I think he was the enemy roleblocker.

So, having done a fair amount of my investigation of how we got so into lynching Manasi, I was tunneled on Raskol. Syn was pleased. So was Jo. This was before Raskol showed up and started trying to defend himself.

My ego said that Syn and Jo were impressed, cool. In retrospect Syn was just as much relieved as he was impressed. Jo?

I was obviously impressed with the massive effort. However, I wasn't too eager to jump on your conclusion. Eventually, there didnt seem to be a case that could compete with yours on Rask.

Also for the record, I very strongly contemplating amending you to 'if it is red, it must be Mario.'

Let's not get sidetracked. Syn is Mario. That is a filter that 2300 plus posts need to be examined through.

And, done.

Synsensa (6) - Tim, JohannaK, Snerk, Takhisis, LordArgon, Yakostovian

While I'm sure a lot of lynches bring to mind the possibility of a bus, and a lot of people think that possibility is far fetched, I want to ask one question here...

Is there anyone who thinks that I was ever going to back off of the case I thought I had on Syns?

The mafia, including Syns, I'm sure knew that he was as dead as a live man could get. If we lynched anyone else I was going to go berzerk and by the time the NK came in Syns would have been so completely mafia smeared that no one would have been able to salvage him.

I give Yako some credit for taking responsibility for casting the deciding vote, but I strongly advise against taking being on this list, generally, as worthy of town cred.

I made as much of a point as I could manage to keep this read focused on Syns; what he said, what was said about him. I tried my best to not get distracted by unrelated stuff that would send me down my next tunnel prematurely. If I manage to wake up not dead I'll read it all yet again looking for that.

Tak's D1.

*laughs at LordArgon's post*
I'm not voting you the coin.

Lettuce see…

Indeed. Two votes for people who hadn't mentioned him.
OTOH it was the third post by a player in a D1 that was launched ahead of time, so everybody was off. btw lettuce see what Visor has to say on that.
*rereads thread*
Ι knew I'd forgotten to quote one of Monty's posts.

Interesting combination of votes for Visor.

Have you set basic pricing guidelines.

Making a case on Monty from joke posts. Could be pressuring, but he really wants to make this sound serious?!

Vote: Takhisis

>: (

vote: Synsensa
wtf

*goes to Mary's profile and finds recent posts*
!!! As I posted on the Colosseum, I voluntarily spent nearly four entire RL days without any computer or Internet activity, ending yesterday. :blush:

bunvote
vote: Synsensa

:popcorn:

How scummy.

Seriously and to the point: are you used to D1 being nonsensical shenanigans?
Refusing to vote or commit yourself is vote-worthy, don't you think, choxie-schmoxie?

unvote; vote: Choxorn

So Tak calls scum out of Visor for him wanting to lynch no posters... then vote Choxorn for that very reason a bit later.

Nah, the Manasi case is just that I manage to like her personally while disliking her eternal pretence that she is completely out of the loop and her flimsy excuses for it. Unless she really is a 13-year-old, which would explain a lot of things.
My reason is that I want Manasi to contribute on D1 for once in her life, given that this time at least she can read the entire thread and posts but refuses to justify her reads.

Tak basically makes the same case than me on Manasi, vote her for the lynch, then come up with this (speaking about me)

Hardly anything to work with. Wouldn't miss him if lynched.

Be back in two hours.

How funny.

*facepalm* Asking about rôles would mean that you are not familiar with the rules, because a) everybody has a night action and b) everybody needs coins, so the mechanical reason is right there.

Or, rather, because you have me doing them.

OK, so I will be around for EOD then, hopefully.

Yet that's what allowed catching Mario once Monty and Tim started the mass claim chain.

-----------

It's noticeable that more than half of Tak's posts are in D1. It could be a RL thing, it could be that D1 is the perfect moment for all out misdirecting suspicions and fluff. Easier to hide then, after that, scum must be more cautious.

For now I stay on my lynch wish list. pzelda or Tak should be our next lunch. I'll have a look at D2/D3 if I have time before EON.

If I had said "Mario" I would expect this to get me consideration for the Mafia HoF.

Good job indeed, considering you started the day wanting to lynch Bowser. But let's not get sidetracked here. There are still mafiosi to catch. I honnestly think there are at least 2 more, and I don't know how many independents there are and how harmfull they can be.

Keep it up.

Tim has basically done N2 and D3. I'll try to finish the runthrough of D2 before night is over.

The post was made an hour before day began, but OK. Discussing timing is bordering on angleshooting so I'll leave that alone. Still strange that Zelda would call the only confirmed townie, a dead player just lynched, scum.

Newyn, you are noticeably more antagonistic after Syn's flip. *shrug*

This is a unique situation where people in game knew that Mary wasn't going to be playing this game so your point is actually invalid. Both town and scum had literally 0 reason to talk about someone they know wasn't going to be playing.

It's also not angleshooting in this particular matter since topsecret actually posted when he considered replacing Mary with me in thread so it's just a simple matter of fact that 891 was made before I was an option to replace Mary.

First, let me acknowledge that you are right about the replacement timing. You were announced as a replacement more than half an hour after that post. So while strange, it is unlikely to be spew.

Despite not having a reason, as you say, to talk about Mary, multiple people apparently did so nevertheless. In that context her active partners might be expected to want to keep their mouths shut. That's merely reasonable - don't take it as specific evidence that Mary is scum. In fact, much later in #1802 - as quoted tonight by Tim - Syn does talk about the possibility that Mary rolled scum (but doesn't want us to take it seriously).

I'm not so much been antagonistic so much as questioning your agenda as the reasons you have for pushing for my lynch are just grasping at straws - saying my ability is unproveable when it's easily proveable, saying that my role had worked with Mario/Luigi before and now pointing towards a Pzelda post that occured before I was asked to replace Mary.

I haven't been pushing for your lynch, just pointing out valid marks.

Basically, it feels like you're desperate to get me lynched not so much because you suspect me but because you need me as a mislynch as you're struggling to find anyone else that you think is mislynchable at this point.

That might sound plausible if you ignore all the suspects I've discussed. Now let's be productive.

As much as there might be some legitimate reason behind this relentless assault of Newyn, I dont think any of this evidence would hold up in a court of law, so to speak.

Tim, you got the tunnel bore on full throttle before you warned Newyn 'this is how many a tunnel has started.'

Monty, you have been grasping at straws since the last half of D3. Get a hold of yourself.

*sideeye*

Imma thwomp Montymon

Well, if we must test the effect of your ability...

Hey, what's up? What do you think of all the analysis so far?

Yeah, that ten coins is a pile. I'm sorta regretting my extravagance. He did step up and take responsibility to resolve the chaos at EoD2 though, so I was feeling grateful.

Money is money. Tell you what, I'll mark Zelda tonight and we lynch him, I get my payoff, I break even.

If I were a betting man...oh, wait, I am a betting man...I'll give descent odds that Tak/Zelda are the remaining wolves, with Csargo as a not terribly long shot if one of them doesn't pan out. I challenge anyone to find me some good reasons to change my mind.

I would rank Csargo slight-town by now, on Rask's level. I've come around on the subject of his meta, he's been cooperative, and his claims check out and seem more useful to town than mafia.

Finally we agree. As Monty suggested, lynch order matters. Who do we go for tmr? Tak or Zelda?

We can tie them, but I'm pulling Zelda. I am quite confident, more so than with any other candidate.

And, done.

Synsensa (6) - Tim, JohannaK, Snerk, Takhisis, LordArgon, Yakostovian

On the wagon Argon looks good for voting where he didn't need to, and especially the D2 campaign by Syn and Zelda to get him lynched. Yako looks good for his initiative, and Snerk for the D1 reasons. Let's see how D4 shapes up with respect to solidifying town reads. If Zelda is scum I think we can box in the remainder.

This spews Newyn town imo.

How? And, speaking of Newyn, why did you say Newyn was scum during N1? Newyn was the only flipped player at the time, and he was town. Why would you say that?

Now, this sounds like a good reason.

Why did you recapitulate suspicion of Zack only to abandon it as soon as you saw pushback? The way this looks is that it fits into a pattern of forming reads for weak reasons, and then flip-flopping on them for weak reasons.

Since this was your response at the time Monty, I have a question...would Tak have been around for that fake peek that caught Zack? Not necessarily involved in it, but at least in the game and available to make a note of it and bring it into play by using Syn as the foil?

Tak was his partner. Scum did not have a good time in that game (in large part due to Renata's leadership).

This is Syn's first appearance on D3. I had just said that I was off the Chox train and was going to do the deep read that Visor had said he would be doing. I get three things from this.

1) The wolves did kill Visor to prevent him making the deep read he was openly intending to do. I've only played with him once, well, now twice, and I certainly wouldn't want him doing that if I were a wolf. Respect, @Visorslash.
2) The wolves were happy to have the Choxorn train as the most obvious prospect for D3 lynch.
3) The wolves had a laughing good time when my deep read turned up...Bowser.

This was Syn's first time scumming, and I wouldn't be surprised if he indulged in more conscious distancing than track-covering antispew. While the particulars look good for Choxorn (he was one of the most plausible candidates going into D3, and Syn leaning on Visor's death and suspicion of Chox is manipulative), I would ask how long Syn maintained his vote, or case.

Unrelated, but speaking of that game, can I just take a moment to talk up how amazing Pizza's writeups were?

District Two

Meanwhile, at Visor campaign headquarters, the candidate was seen throwing more shrimp on the barbie, drinking Foster's, and eating a Vegemite sandwich, while riding a kangaroo who was also surfing. In the middle of the desert. Mate.

He was interrupted by a wallaby who was petitioning the government for the right to marry a koala while carrying a gun. Visor promised to look into it, citing the recent Supreme Court decision Knife v Notaknife, believing it was possible for him to press the matter through the courts, if not through the legislature.

Just then, an aide pulled up in a Subaru Outback filled with puppies, and told Visor to put down the sandwich and hear the good news. It seemed that Visor had won the race for representative for District Two, in a clear majority victory. Visor soon gave a speech promising to rid the world of people who look like Cuthillius, sound like Cuthillius, and have a name spelled exactly like Cuthillius. Cuthillius could not be reached for comment, but Visor took the opportunity to speak to him specifically. "Cuthillius" Visor began, "it's nothing against you in particular, friend. I just have a certain set of principles and I am entitled to my beliefs. It just so happens they all line up against the continued existence of you and people who are nobody else but you. I'm sure you understand."

Those in the audience cheered for their Representative's platform. It must have been the puppies.

This was Syn's first time scumming, and I wouldn't be surprised if he indulged in more conscious distancing than track-covering antispew. While the particulars look good for Choxorn (he was one of the most plausible candidates going into D3, and Syn leaning on Visor's death and suspicion of Chox is manipulative), I would ask how long Syn maintained his vote, or case.

He didn't, continuing a pattern of not making any particular case himself. He basically disappeared through the bulk of my deep read wall of posts that turned into pressuring Raskol, then reappeared with a Raskol vote. The wolves at that point, I would guess, were breathing a sigh of relief that even though I had spurned their Choxorn gambit I had safely landed off of them and on Raskol. I would guess they had already arrived at a day three strategy of easing someone into pushing the not abandoned Choxorn wagon for them against the Raskol wagon that I would obviously be pushing. Surprisingly, Raskol got off the hook and I think that left them scrambling.

Tak was his partner. Scum did not have a good time in that game (in large part due to Renata's leadership).

Still circumstantial, but that was maybe the worst possible answer to the question from the Tak perspective. That's exactly the kind of coordinated wolf play I would expect from Tak, as is the potential buswork with Syns at Syns' end.

Yet that's what allowed catching Mario once Monty and Tim started the mass claim chain.

I just want to repeat; credit to Snerk and Monty for this. I actually was quietly complaining about it because it was a distraction from my purpose at the moment...which was lynching you, of course.

Meanwhile...
Tak's D1.

Tak basically makes the same case than me on Manasi, vote her for the lynch, then come up with this (speaking about me)

This has me thinking. Tak's case on Manasi wasn't really the same as yours. Yours was "this post here is intolerable and wolfy, you can't just say 'these people are towny and no I will not justify that.'" That argument had merit, but it was sort of post specific. Tak's case was "Manasi causes chaos that wolves can hide in, period." As he openly stated, policy lynch.

But here's what has me wondering. His "policy lynch" argument had absolutely no shot at really getting her lynched. It pushed Zack off the Manasi Wagon. As you point out, he never really backed your argument, and his sucked, so did he really want Manasi to get lynched day one at all?

@Takhisis -

Taking you at your word that you knew Manasi would be low hanging lynch bait for as long as she lasted, and contribute nothing but chaos to the town's efforts...would it be safe to say that a wolf-Tak would want to keep her on the wagon list, but keep her around as long as possible?

And with that question in mind I'm off to see just how much Tak really contributed to getting her past the finish line on D2.

I will do my best to get out result PM'S quickly but tonight it could take a while because of unforseen responsibilities. :( I don't know when I will be finished for sure but the night will end at 8:30 PM as usual.

*reads ~220 posts*

I call BS on this, period.

EoD has three wagons tied at five with your vote outstanding, and eight minutes too late you appear claiming that you were reading posts. You could have been the deciding vote and saved Monty the responsibility. The Manasi wagon was at least 50% your wagon to begin with. If you showed up in time to read the 220 posts then you were there in time to vote, and your whole "policy vote" argument was still absolutely rock solid and could easily cover town-Tak if she flipped town.

I think that WOLF-Tak showed up and didn't care which townie got lynched and that WOLF-Tak would have been just as happy to have Manasi still around causing mayhem so she could be mislynched on day three and screw the town over completely.

Give me some other reason that you didn't vote, wolf.

In retrospect it seems more likely that Tak was blocking Snerk than he was protecting LordArgon. But why go to such length to come up with some absurdly convoluted role?

Top Bottom