1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. pzelda

pzelda Prince

Out of the five, Argon is the least likely to be mafia based on Syn's vote and his green Mario comment didn't sound like they were aligned (unless it's a joke, because there's no Luigi). I think he has more 3p equity than anyone else in the game. Also, what was the thing with his role and Snerk catching him? Why did he guarded someone else than Tim? @LordArgon pls try to answer these.

Csargo reads like town Csargo most of the time but I guess he could be scum?

Chox's really underwhelming and he didnn't have much going for him d2 as opposed to Manasi. He haven't stepped up his game.

I guess my Poe is:
    Tak>Chox>Zack>Csargo

2. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

LordArgon confirmed town.

vote: Takhisis

I'll be around later.

3. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

Someone gifted me coin(s) last night.
    I really want to hear from Argon, because some things aren't adding up.

4. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Care to share a bit Logic?

5. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

@Montmorency: I think you got pzelda wrong here. He meant there could be a person behaving like Newyn, who is confirmed town by the lynch, who could be wolf.
    I don't see it as a slip, just an attempt to look solving.

@Csargo: what have you been doing tonight?

@Zack: same question.

6. Montmorency

Montmorency King

What difference does it make?

Rask, what did you do overnight?

What's that, and why Zack?

One thing that gives me pause about Zelda is that he was more aggressive as scum when Town went in for the kill in Cold War. Then again, at that time he was the last of his team.

Why? Do you have a result?

@Zack , are you third party? Where is the spicy meatball and what are your full powers? I'll vote you the coins in exchange.

@choxorn , night action?

@LordArgon , what's going on? Night action?

@Csargo , night action? @Yakostovian ?

7. Montmorency

Montmorency King

CLAIMS LIST DAY 4 (help me fill it out with anything already in-thread)

Argon [Sergeant Guy] - bodyguard, protected Csargo N1, robbed N2
    N1: Csargo
    N2: Tim; robbed of 1 coin

Snerk [Tanoomba] - modified role cop
    N1: scanned Tim as give-2-get-2 coins, awarded 2 coins (by Visor)
    N2: Scan on Argon failed (blocked?)

Rask [Bowser] - I have several operationnal abilities, all coins related, and a passive ability that grants me new abilities when townies are mislynched. Block ability gained after Manasi lynch, 1 coin gain, 3 if blocked was targeting you. Started with ability to gain target's night net + 1.
    N1: targeted Dolbster with "gain more coin than target" but failed; awarded 2 coins (by Tim)
    N2: blocked Zelda

Johanna [Thwomp] - stealer role, gets two coins if target is also targeted by someone else (motion detector). "I am a thwomp. I knock one coin out of the target's purse then get mine."
    N1: targeted Dolbster, got bonus
    N2: targeted Csargo but gained bonus (someone else visited Csargo)
    N3: targeted Csargo, no bonus

Zack - private message
    N1: 'Syn, post tallies or else'; awarded 2 coins (by Visor)
    N2: 'Monty, if you are 3P post "crisp lasagna"'

Zelda [Bandit] - stealing ability
    N1: targeted Tim (because Tim would die and coin game doesn't matter - but this was a lie?)
    N2: targeted Visor but failed
    N3: targeted Choxorn

Logic [Koopa Troopa] - motion detector (?), a coin for every action/player on the target
    N1: not used
    N2: Zelda is lying because Visor was targeted by the killer and Logic only
    N3: Awarded 2 coins (from Tim?)

Newyn [Boomerang Bro] - "I get a coin for each player that visits me during the night"
    N1: 2 visits (coins)
    N2: 0 visits
    N3: 0 visits

Csargo [Boo] - deflector (ghost, "If I'm targeted it targets the person I'm hiding behind"), gets a coin if targeted
    N1: Newyn 2.0 (was targeted?)
    N2: Argon

Tak [Koopa Paratroopa] - "my ability is to protect people from minor harmful actions (e.g. [possibly] rôleblockers and coin-thiefs) and I get one shiny coin for every person who's targetted them that night and I saved them from (if they're killed I don't know what happens) plus 1 for myself for getting off my arse. And no, I don't get to see actions against them from which I cannot protect them nor can I see what abilities they use or on whom they use them."
    N1: Zack, 2 coins
    N2: LordArgon, 2 coins.

Choxorn [Baby Bowser]- Appraising wealth of target?
    N1: Dolbster (more)
    N2: Johanna (more)
    N3: Robbed of 2 coins (Zelda?)

Synsensa [Red Coin Coffer, but actually Lava Bubble] - "three-day charge ability that steals between 4 to 6 coins during the third night, but I have to target someone and hope they survive that long too"; gains coins each charging night
    N1: Visor
    N2: Visor

Tim [Coin Coffer] - coin-disbursing power (1-4 to one or 2 to two), 1 coin gained per use
    N1: Gave 2 to Rask, had 2 robbed
    N2: Gave 4 to Monty, was awarded 2 (by Visor?)

Monty [Sun] - very powerful lynch-manipulating ability, 3 coins for guessing the lynch
    N1: Guessed Snerk
    N2: Guessed Choxorn, received 4 coins from Tim and 2 from Visor
    N3: Guessed Zelda

Visor - coin-disbursing power (1-4 to one or 2 to two) targeted Zack and Snerk N1

8. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

It does make a difference if current townies (and thus town read people) can later become mafia. I agree it's not that high a concern for now though.

I was hoping that you let my target come and claim first :D but I guess he won't bite... oh well.
    I roleblocked Takhisis. It was successfull. I got one coin in reward, so it means Tak didn't target me.

You live and learn...
    I am looking at this list as an attempt to clear those guys... since pzelda is himself scum read by almost everybody.

9. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Scanned him as doc. Dunno if he can self protect or not, but let's leave that for the mafia to guess.

10. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

I guarded Monty this time, thinking the Maf wouldn't attack the obvious bg and lookout target. I guess they fooled me again. Also vote: pzelda.

11. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

I received coins from a source OTHER than my innate power.

I can confirm that I was not alone in the visit to my target.

12. Csargo

Csargo Prince

I targeted JohannaK and my action failed.

13. Csargo

Csargo Prince

I was probably just completely wrong about Logic/Yako, and he's just town here given what happened yesterday I think.

14. Csargo

Csargo Prince

Is this really all of Newyn's role? Is there something else claimed somewhere?

15. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Maybe we'll get your target name and what isn't adding up about Argon in your third cryptic message?

16. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Oh you. You could have had the decency to tell me. :(

17. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Look at it this way. By definition, Town needs to eliminate Mafia in order to win. If third parties have win conditions - whether to start or after Mafia are eliminated - that are contrary to Town win conditions or Town survival, then logically those third parties need to die. They are just more scum.

That's why it makes no difference. Whatever the label or alignment we keep lynching until the game ends in Town victory.

Nice. I wish you had said you would wait for the target to come and claim before revealing. But if true this does mean that Tak was not the killer.

*sigh*

Probably Tim. How many coins?

Who was your target?

So Johanna tried to rob you, and you deflected onto Johanna - shouldn't this result in Johanna getting no money?

Johanna, you earned 1 coin?

Csargo, did you lose 1 coin?

Need clarification from Yako, and to hear from Chox, Zack, and Tak.

Zack, get your booty patootie in here!

18. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Logic, to be clear, you got 2 coins from external source? If so, there should probably be another recipient.

19. Csargo

Csargo Prince

No, if I target someone who targets me then my action fails, such is the weakness of my role. I lost a coin.

Is there anymore information about Newyn's role somewhere? Or is your role post all he's said about it?

20. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Thanks. That's all I know of.