1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Dunno. I'd guess only one ability is revealed to me.

vote: Newyn

Passive abilities seems a little tailored for the mafia this game.

Pzelda is an OK lynch too. Chox too probably.

2. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Thanks. Why not mention it at start of day?

If I didn't have confidence in your structural position I would be driven to admit that 'I visited the NK and a killer was present' is a - dramatic claim.

Please ask.

The flip will enable more informed discussion, but if Zelda is scum then two scum would have been pressuring/pushing Choxorn wagon throughout D2, and seemingly into D3.

@Zack are you confirming that your "spicy meatball" was to ask Jo for tallies? What is your character name? I ask because we have everyone's but yours. I can't believe this is the sum of Zack's engagement throughout N3 and D4 so far.

Spoiler :
    bookmark 2393

Vote: Zack

Don't get complacent everyone! Start gaming out scenarios for one or none of Zelda and Tak being scum. (If both are scum the game is probably over.)

Damn, Tim had a much more commanding presence than I.

3. Montmorency

Montmorency King

CLAIMS LIST D4 (help me fill it out with anything already in-thread)

Argon [Sergeant Guy] - bodyguard, protected Csargo N1, robbed N2
    N1: Csargo
    N2: Tim; robbed of 1 coin
    N3: Monty

Snerk [Tanoomba] - modified role cop
    N1: scanned Tim as give-2-get-2 coins, awarded 2 coins (by Visor)
    N2: Scan on Argon failed (blocked?)
    N3: scanned Argon as doctor

Rask [Bowser] - I have several operationnal abilities, all coins related, and a passive ability that grants me new abilities when townies are mislynched. Block ability gained after Manasi lynch, 1 coin gain, 3 if blocked was targeting you. Started with ability to gain target's night net + 1.
    N1: targeted Dolbster with "gain more coin than target" but failed; awarded 2 coins (by Tim)
    N2: blocked Zelda
    N3: blocked Tak

Johanna [Thwomp] - stealer role, gets two coins if target is also targeted by someone else (motion detector). "I am a thwomp. I knock one coin out of the target's purse then get mine."
    N1: targeted Dolbster, got bonus
    N2: targeted Csargo but gained bonus (someone else visited Csargo)
    N3: targeted Csargo, no bonus

Zack - private message, 1 coin if message received
    N1: 'Syn, post tallies or else'; awarded 2 coins (by Visor)
    N2: 'Monty, if you are 3P post "crisp lasagna"'
    N3: Johanna, tallies

Zelda [Bandit] - stealing ability
    N1: targeted Tim (because Tim would die and coin game doesn't matter - but this was a lie?)
    N2: targeted Visor but failed
    N3: targeted Choxorn

Logic [Koopa Troopa] - motion detector (?), a coin for every action/player on the target
    N1: not used
    N2: Zelda is lying because Visor was targeted by the killer and Logic only
    N3: Tim, 1 other visitor (killer); awarded 4 coins (from Tim?)

Newyn [Boomerang Bro] - "I get a coin for each player that visits me during the night"
    N1: 2 visits (coins)
    N2: 0 visits
    N3: 0 visits

Csargo [Boo] - deflector (ghost, "If I'm targeted it targets the person I'm hiding behind"), gets a coin if targeted; "if I target someone who targets me then my action fails, such is the weakness of my role."
    N1: Newyn 2.0 (was targeted?)
    N2: Argon
    N3: Johanna (failed), lost a coin (to Johanna)

Tak [Koopa Paratroopa] - "my ability is to protect people from minor harmful actions (e.g. [possibly] rôleblockers and coin-thiefs) and I get one shiny coin for every person who's targetted them that night and I saved them from (if they're killed I don't know what happens) plus 1 for myself for getting off my arse. And no, I don't get to see actions against them from which I cannot protect them nor can I see what abilities they use or on whom they use them."
    N1: Zack, 2 coins
    N2: LordArgon, 2 coins.
    N3: Argon, failed.

Choxorn [Baby Bowser]- Appraising wealth of target?
    N1: Dolbster (more)
    N2: Johanna (more)
    N3: "Takhisis. My result was consistent with his claimed 7 coins from yesterday," robbed of 2 coins (Zelda?)
    Spoiler :

Synsensa [Red Coin Coffer, but actually Lava Bubble] - "three-day charge ability that steals between 4 to 6 coins during the third night, but I have to target someone and hope they survive that long too"; gains coins each charging night
    N1: Visor
    N2: Visor

Tim [Coin Coffer] - coin-disbursing power (1-4 to one or 2 to two), 1 coin gained per use
    N1: Gave 2 to Rask, had 2 robbed
    N2: Gave 4 to Monty, was awarded 2 (by Visor?)

Monty [Sun] - very powerful lynch-manipulating ability, 3 coins for guessing the lynch
    N1: Guessed Snerk
    N2: Guessed Choxorn, received 4 coins from Tim and 2 from Visor
    N3: Guessed Zelda

Visor - coin-disbursing power (1-4 to one or 2 to two) targeted Zack and Snerk N1

Snerk likes this.
  4. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Note it also happened in N2. I am having a hard time seeing Logic as town read as of now.

But it seems to pay off. I'd rather give the coin to my king. :mischief:

I agree, activity has decreased a lot since Tim's death. That's a bit sad.
    The thing is you don't tunnel on someone all day long before kindly asking something :nono:
    Personally I did a review of Tak (posted his D1, I could post a bit more before EOD), and iirc I took on pzelda in D1/D2... I might have a deeper look at him again later.

5. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

and Logic didn't use its ability on N1. It's getting worrying tbh

6. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

What is this vote for Snerk?
    How are passive abilities tailored to scums? Do you know Syn's real ability?

7. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

"It's?"
    "Logic"
    Do I know you from somewhere else? Everyone else that has called me Logic knows me as that better.

8. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

I just didnt think the message was remarkable. It slipped my mind to mention it. I was immensely more troubled by the fact I missed out on a bonus. :(

9. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Nah, it's just that everytime I look for Yakostovian in Montmorency's list I don't find it :p

10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

But still, you are always in the same place than the killer at night, that's a fact.

11. Csargo

Csargo Prince

It's not an ability that targets someone, so it's not an actual night activity that can be tracked.

12. Csargo

Csargo Prince

Well it's not a night activity at all if you want to be technical about it.

13. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Ok fair enough. But is that worth breaking the tie? What else do we have on Newyn v2?

14. Csargo

Csargo Prince

Weird roleclaims were what got Syn caught, so I don't think Snerk's wrong to vote Newyn in these circumstances. Of all the roleclaims Monty's and Newyn's don't have actual night actions(outside of Monty's lynch guess, which isn't easily confirmable). Just need to go back and read Newyn's posts.

15. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

If you'll allow some musings on mechanics:

We know the mafia has cover roles. Syn's was Lava Bubble. We don't know if they've got cover abilities, but I'd guess they do. We don't know if they can use both cover abilities and mafia abilities on the same night. If it's the former, accounting for as many night actions as possible is crucial. If it's the latter, looking at ability types could be more telling.

Syn claimed an ability that could only be used every third night IIRC. Whether this was a lie or not we don't know, but in either case it would give him an excuse to not be active at most nights. It also makes sense in terms of game balance as it's not a very powerful or solvey ability. Now Syn claimed a different cover role from what he had, we don't know why yet. Could be that he had do false claim an ability and thus needed a role name that matched it better than the one he had as an original cover.

Newyn's ability is even more passive than Syn's and also not that solvey. Mechanically it fits well as a cover ability. As a false claim it's good too as it frees him up for other night actions.

Zack, Monty and Chox also has kinda non solvey abilities that could fit in a cover role.

Tak's protection from "minor harmful actions" also seems a little dubious. I can see it as a cover role to give a scum a flair of helpfulness without being too pro town.

We also have to thief claims. Jo and Pzelda. Wouldn't be too off to imagine that both factions has one each.

16. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I send you a hilarious message claiming to be the ghost of synensa compelling you to post tallies and you call this unremarkable?

17. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

That's what I just did.

Spoiler :

3 first posts when coming back.

I underestimated how well Newyin and Visor are knowing each other. A good reason to kill Visor first?

That's an interesting exchange with Tim and Visor on D2. Tim didn't die in N2 though, just on N3 after he got his hands on Newyn's case.

Well...

I am kinda buying this. But I could see wolf Newyin strengthening an already popular theory to buy another day. that would put Yako/Logic under a new light also.

Getting more agressive under Tim's watch. (though I cannot blame him for this hehe) But I disagree with the arguments he brought to defend itself. If she isn't there, but is a wolf, there is a good reason for not mentionning her (avoiding D1 silly wagons is one for instance).

Well...

I could be tempted to follow Snerk finally, but only if Newyin can be brought to Tak/pzelda level. Anyone willing to jump in?

18. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

It took you long enough to get angry about it. :p

In any case it was very silly, but I dont think it necessarily was very funny.

19. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

It was remarkable.

JohannaK likes this.
  20. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish