Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

So you get 1 coin per night automatically? Well, fine, we can still help you out, but please do not steal my horsehocky if that's your new ability.

Vote: Zack

I'm going for it. Choxorn and Zack dome.

Totally apart from my vote Zack, but notice that everyone here except you has had their name revealed for days. Why not you? You had no problem participating in mass claims as town in Swords & Sorcery - why not now?

Please tell me your name and I will reveal my lynch ability.

Somehow that Wario looks like

Spoiler :

Yeah, 1 coin baseline gain as long as I use my first ability. Didn't actually know that until night 2 when no one visited me but I was still given a coin.

I don't think Zack not claiming a name actually means anything since I was given a cover name so I assume all mafia probably also have one to ensure mass name claims don't out them.

Yeah, 1 coin baseline gain as long as I use my first ability. Didn't actually know that until night 2 when no one visited me but I was still given a coin.

I don't think Zack not claiming a name actually means anything since I was given a cover name so I assume all mafia probably also have one to ensure mass name claims don't out them.

I will never forget that Synsensa was lynched for faking her cover role.

What does Zack have to hide?

Thoughts on Zack, and his ability claim:
a) He has been a little despondent all game. His (claimed) ability is almost as lame as his jokes.
b) There's nothing that says he cannot have a second ability e.g. the team kill and use it. I'm not sure how he'd be tracked and/or watched in such a case. We had a similar rôle in Visor's game at the .org, but IIRC that rôle wasn't allowed to kill and send a message in the same night. Maybe it's not the same here.
c) You are indeed right that he hasn't claimed (according to the claims list) which is a bit odd. Is that why you've switched from ‘help me, Obi Zack Kenobi, you're my only hope’ to ‘from my POV, the Zack are evil’? Otherwose I think I've missed a step in your reasoning, but then I spent half the game checking in once a (RL) day so things got cluttered.
Well, assuming Newyn is 3P, the scenario automatically becomes different - in this case, sure, it's possible that Chox and Syn (but with some hidden partner) could have done their dance.
Well, yes, only two mafia in a game with a town with many rôles and a third party would be underpowered unless, as I said above, they could use more than one ability in the same night.
Tak, tonight you and I are going to give Newyn a new ability.
Um, what?

btw I'll have to count this as a request to move my vote off Newyn, right? If so expect it tomorrow because tonight is movie night.
I'm down.

Vote: Zack
Spicy.
I started at 3 like everyone else
2 visits night 1 (5 total)
0 visits night 2 (6 total)
0 visits night 3 (7 total)
1 visit night 4 (8 total)
So your ability is to choose between leaving yourself open to be targetted and then gathering coins equal to the number of people targetting you plus one? Sounds a bit weird. Yours is a quasi-survivor rôle.

Official Tally

Voting: 6
Newyn (3) - Snerk, JohannaK, Takhisis
Zack (2) - Montmorency, Choxorn
Choxorn (1) - Csargo

Not Voting: 3
Zack, Newyn, LordArgon

Coin Tally

Not Voting:
Everyone

(I get the coin, if no one votes. :mischief: )

Day Five will end in approximately 25 hours at 8:30 PM EST.

Might as well vote: LordArgon

Bart said:
c) You are indeed right that he hasn't claimed (according to the claims list) which is a bit odd. Is that why you've switched from ‘help me, Obi Zack Kenobi, you're my only hope’ to ‘from my POV, the Zack are evil’? Otherwose I think I've missed a step in your reasoning, but then I spent half the game checking in once a (RL) day so things got cluttered.

I haven't really firmly townread him (on the basis of the first two days) since D4 or even N3, and by now we just can't afford to give him the benefit of the doubt. His behavior doesn't warrant it, and his red flip solves the game (his partner is either you or Csargo if he's scum).

Well, yes, only two mafia in a game with a town with many rôles and a third party would be underpowered unless, as I said above, they could use more than one ability in the same night.

In most games I have played a mafioso can choose between a personal ability and the faction kill or other factional ability. Now when it comes down to a single scum, they are often allowed to combine - but only when solo, and sometimes not even then.

On the other hand, since this game has a parallel coin game, it would put individual mafia at a handicap if their teammates are making money while they're stuck doing the dirty work. Yet nevertheless, it is unbalancing to the primary game if, for example, a scum can both kill and block while teammates are alive doing their own thing.

So then Zack's messenger role would actually fit into a balanced scheme: he can make money by sending messages that don't have any direct mechanical impact, while still performing team duties.

Um, what?

btw I'll have to count this as a request to move my vote off Newyn, right? If so expect it tomorrow because tonight is movie night.

You'll make money too. I want to see if your coin power can nullify mine. Or maybe we won't combine, since I lose up to 3 coins in that scenario. Unless I'm compensated.

Vote: Montmorency a coin today and you can make an extra coin tonight.

How many coins do you have right now, Monty?

I got 3 for Zelda, so 14 minus 1 (Johanna?) so 13. I guessed Newyn today, but since we're not lynching him I only get 1 coin. So tonight I'll start with 14.

So let me just say if it's Argon and Snerk I will poop my pants, but I can take that loss so I reject the scenario utterly for the rest of my life.

Lock-good:

Snerk
Argon
Newyn

Illegitimate pairings:

Csargo X Jo (Jo robbed Csargo two nights)
Csargo X Argon (Csargo deflected onto Argon N2 and Snerk and Jo and Tak were present and activity confirmed)
Csargo X Snerk (Csargo and Syn were voting Snerk in the D1 triple tie)
Tak X Jo, Csargo (D4 they were voting Tak over Zelda)
Chox X Snerk (Snerk on Chox D2 tie)

Legitimate pairings:

Zack with anyone really, probably Tak/Csargo
Chox with anyone

Jo and Tak were on Syn wagon D3 (#2 and #4 respectively), so I think it ought to be Zack-Csargo, or if Zack has really been bluffing around this whole bussing business, Zack-Chox.

Let's tie Zack and Chox please.

If you want a critical TLDR, then understand that Jo, Tak, and Csargo are almost always mutually exclusive as scum.

My conditionals:

Chox scum: Zack benefit, next lynch his choice (but not a lock-good)
Chox town: Lynch Zack
Zack scum: Lynch Csargo
Zack town: I will record myself eating a hat

Cool. No offense, but I feel like your ability is kind of useless
I take great offence. I worked hard for this ability, it's not like it was randomly assigned to me in a game or anything. But yah, by now, if nobody is false claiming, it's probably useless.

vote: choxorn
vote: snerk

Official Tally

Voting: 6
Newyn (2) - JohannaK, Takhisis
Zack (2) - Montmorency, Choxorn
Choxorn (2) - Csargo, Snerk

Not Voting: 3
Zack, Newyn, LordArgon

Coin Tally

LordArgon (1) - LordArgon
Snerk (1) - Snerk
Montmorency (1) - Montmorency

Not Voting: (6)
Zack, Choxorn, Takhisis, Newyn, Csargo, JohannaK

Day Five will end in approximately 8 hours at 8:30 PM EST.

Definitely going Newyn or Zack if they don't each cough up a vote soon.

LA you need to vote too.

Counterbribe: Vote: Snerk

SUPERDUPERMegaUltraVote: Snerk

Top Bottom