1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I don't really see why anyone would double down on Newyn's townness yesterday. Not saying a scum lean on him was the only way to go but what about his D1 was remotely villegary?

Still, I was wrong about him and my vote was bad.

In hindsight I feel that Tim's tunneling on me was super contrived. Specially in light of last game's stuff. I can see a wolf Tim thinking well I tunneled so much on Snerk last game and I was town so I'll just try to repeat that and everyone will go "good ole towny Tim up to his tricks again".

2. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Holy smokes, 20 pages in 16 hours. I know I shouldnt be gone that long, but how am I gonna catch up now today? It's the day we get our Christmas presents and meet ghe family again here in Spain.

3. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

plenty was villagery about him

but i guess ive played with him a lot more than many of you guys

4. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Get over it. You made a mistake by taking an erroneous post and turning it into a meaning filled tale of towniness when even the person who posted it turned around and said "oh, yeah, phone screwed that up...sorry." If you didn't Trump out and quadruple down over being caught in an error it would probably have just gone under the bridge...and now you want to play it into me being the wolf? Seriously?

5. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Easily. Desperately plugging that Snerk wagon due to throwing a bunch of seizures over semantics without ever explaining how it makes any sense as scum tactics. It's essentially a copy/paste from your last game but this time even more weird and forced, and I'm not as easily buying it as village play.

6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Cool story bro...but notice how it made sense to everyone else I explained it to. I'm willing to write it off to "Oh, yeah, Snerk will never deal with having been wrong, he'll just try to bluster past it" since everyone else wants to, and hopefully someone will notice something more obviously out of place.

By the way, I think anyone who was around last game would agree that I wasn't "desperately plugging that Snerk Wagon." I wasn't sure enough about it to plug it much at all. If I had been, I would have, and you'd likely have gotten lynched, rightly or wrongly.

7. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Tell me, have you posted leans this game that didn't solely revolve around one of my town leans?

8. JohannaK

This is funny.

9. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

You mean, have I made wild assumptions based on nothing, as opposed to pointing out a ridiculous posting of baseless nonsense?

I've questioned Razor, because he seems to be much less confrontational this game than last game.
    I've pointed out to the minimal participators that "day one, no facts" is a very short term excuse.

You want me to randomize everyone into a list the way you do so you can claim that's a sign of your towniness?

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Thanks. I try to see the humor in things. Like day one flailing.

11. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I'd call this a pretty solid perspective.

12. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

That was thirty-six hours ago. I take it nothing changed in your view?

I don't like voting on day one with next to nothing to go on either, but it's a dirty deed that has to be done...lest people wonder if you are just along for the ride because villagers lynching villagers works for you.

13. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Not too much banter overnight. Sad. Although I see the Tim/Snerk discourse is heating up... :popcorn:

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

The whole *steely eyed in the face of death* thing struck me at the time as totally town. However, last game when confronted with far less immanent risk @Manasi basically disintegrated into a blubbering mess, and she was in fact town then. Can someone who has seen her play more than twice illuminate this for me?

15. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Egging us on because you know we are both hot headed villagers and you have hopes we will do your work for you?

16. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Then you said you did have time and were checking. Then you moved on without any comment. Did you check? If so, what did you think?

17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

@Takhisis you as usual posted a lot and sort of pressed people at random. Then you ended with "well, vote for a process lynch" and didn't get it. Did you actually contribute anything? There was a lot of smoke, but where do you think you might have lit a fire?

18. JohannaK

I hate this sort of EoD. I have finished reading all 20 pages and I cant for the life of me remember what happened 5 pages ago. The last few games have all gone like this.

My impression thus far is that Tim's tunneling of Snerk rings phony. It's like the third game in a row, but this time it feels more like a matter of principle, so to speak, than actual suspicion. I am actually at a family lunch rn tho so I'll leave it at that, at least for now.

19. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Last game when I was trying to lynch Snerk it was day...three? Maybe four. By then I had a lot of reasons to suspect him that I considered to be pretty good. Here I got after him for a fairly small thing just because it was the only thing I saw in the mess of day one normality that seemed remotely out of place, so, yeah, there wasn't a whole lot of "actual suspicion" in it. I said as much more than once.

That doesn't change the reality that the one thing does exist, or that it is an oddity that Snerk would be better served by acknowledging than denying. Hopefully he'll quit doubling down on that and move on.

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

@Visorslash at some point I said that I wanted to either lynch you or lynch one of the people that you were inexplicably defending because it would provide information. It happened, and the information it produced is that whatever your reasons for leaping to Newyn's defense it wasn't wolf protecting wolf, happily enough. I still wish you would offer more reasons and rely less on "well, I'm Visorslash, take my word for it, not a wolf."