1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Thanks. FWIW I'm stuck with the "unreasoned feelies" that I am always griping about when other people do it. Every interaction with Visor this game has felt...off, but I can't seem to find any reasons I can explain.

There's...something...gotta go reading.

2. Newyn

Newyn Prince

I think single minded tunnels come more often from town than mafia though. Mafia usually have a bigger picture in mind than to just have one person they can push to the exclusion of all else because if that goes through, what's next?

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

There it is. "Feels like town happy to be town." I've actually never not been town and I'm sort of eager to try it...and I was tempted to tell Dolbster that I'm pretty happy being me and that might not make a reliable read in my case. But that's not the point at the moment.

The point is the assertion that "most people prefer to play town." I don't know if that's true, but Visor...I get the feeling Visor does prefer to play town.

4. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I wasn't thinking of it as "single minded tunnel" as much as "my weedpatch is on fire and I better come up with something." So he spews out the case against pzelda, who is already a target of suspicion. Somebody lacking my tin foil hat tendencies might take that as "good townie effort" and let him slip back into the weeds to do a bit more scum style lying low. That lying low is what got him in trouble, so it has to be pushed away...but how did he have such a good deflection while LordArgon jumped out of his burning weedpatch and pretty much doused himself in gas?

5. Newyn

Newyn Prince

So why can't he build a good case as town especially if pzelda is actually scum?
    I don't see anyone who feels like they're in trouble as either alignment would go: "the best way to get out of this is to build a case against someone everyone is town reading".

6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Villagers are generally paranoid. Too paranoid about Newyn maybe being scum to hard defend him, too paranoid about being caught defending scum and wrongly lynched for it.

7. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Not saying that he couldn't build that case as town. The issue is that in the course of building that case there are so many other things he would have to run across, and he doesn't comment on any of them. If he says that he had a feeling about pzelda and iso read them to make the case maybe I buy that.

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I'm starting to understand why Visor-as-town would want to keep Newyn in the game and maybe take some risks on that, FWIW.

9. Newyn

Newyn Prince

tbf, Visor has seen me play quite a few games and recently modded my last scum game so he has a unique perspective on how I think.
    He was also paranoid enough that he didn't go as far as hard claim masons with me which he knows I'd go along with in that spot.

10. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

He popped out to me as looking off, more so than anyone or anything else.

11. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I just think you make a really handy sounding board, and during the long down time when only Australians are awake that would really add to the game for him as town.

12. Newyn

Newyn Prince

Visor as scum probably wouldn't try to pocket me in that situation the more I think about it since he knows that after the last turbo, I'm just waiting for an opportunity to vote him late game if we're both alive :p

13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Fair enough. Can you point to one odd thing you noticed about anyone else while you were examining him?

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

That would be based on you surviving. You didn't. So to speak. Town cred for defending you, no down side.

15. Newyn

Newyn Prince

If I had the time to show up eod, there was probably a decent chance I'd have survived there though. Wasn't like I was a runaway bandwagon yesterday where no one else could have been lynched. Even without me turning up, I still almost survived.

16. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

True. EoD was weird. On the one hand, it seems reasonable that if you had put up a defense you'd have carried the day. But at the same time Newyn 1.0 got lynched despite the fact that no one was really pushing a case against. Heck, I didn't vote for it but I was sort of up for the Newyn 1.0 lynch just out of curiosity to see if Visor was right or not. There's usually (in my limited experience) so much more investment. That's why I'm trying to operate consistently with Dolbster's read that it was all townies...at least for now.

17. pzelda

pzelda Prince

Changing reads is normal. It might seem weird to you that I went from early town impressions to nulls, but if you look at it closer, it makes sense. Most of these like Monty were really early impressions and I think that I explained why they're null.

It's really easy to keep track of your reads if you're scum and consistency made me bus in the previous game.

18. pzelda

pzelda Prince

Looking at this tally shows several things.
    Raskolnikov is far from committed and keeps jumping on new wagons.
    Zack's wagon dissolved way too quickly. I even feel like wolfbro could jump on it to make it look more ridiculous? Again, a reason to suspect Raskol.
    Lord's wagon actually disappeared and looking back at it, it wasn't a bad wagon and Argon's posts smell of waffles. He's been focused on a simple thing , one wagon and two voters, later dismissing one of the voters as town but not commiting to the other and bandwagonning on me later...
    Johanna has been bandwagonning as well, but I expect him to become clearer later.

Unvote: Zack
    Vote: LordArgon

I'm giving Chox time to come up with more reads. His case on me isn't entirely terrible and quite a few people jumped on me and on him because of it, so I guess he gets some town cred there. However he didn't commit himself to the read by voting me and that puts him back at null imo.

19. pzelda

pzelda Prince

BTW, Zack putting Tak in his own tier doesn't look real to me.
    It means that if Tak's scum, Zack is with him (I think Zack has a better chance of being scum independently). Zack and Manasi seem to be the two people with most reliable reads on Tak and El Barto tier somewhere around null isn't quite cutting.

Also, Monty's back in my town after his return. These walls could be way smaller if he were a waffle.

Newyn could be with Visor, but why would Visor randomly vote the slot early d1. I don't think he's the one who would go for this kind of distancing.

I guess my reads are something like:

Shouldn't flip scum (I would say max. 1 wolf):
    Tim, Tak, Newyn, Logic, Monty, Manasi, Snerk

1 or 2 powerwolves:
    Zack>Raskol>>>Visor

Probably exactly 1 wolf in:
    Choxorn, LordArgon

This should include 0-1 wolves:
    Csargo, Johanna, Syn

@Takhisis, where would you put your vote now? Your activity went downhill after a promising start.

20. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

i think pzelda is town