1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I am pretty sure you would fit nicely in this list Tim.

@pzelda: I got your post from context, but what "TMI" stands for? town something?

2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Accepting that definition. Does that still apply to Tak? If he presented a reasoned case against someone I would likely take it very seriously.

3. Yakostovian

Yakostovian King

I would also like to claim that I failed to use my coin power last night. And it also occurs to me that it could be used in a weak investigative manner.

4. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

That would be my personal goal, so thanks.

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  5. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Up to 5 votes

Now 6. What are you talking about?

JohannaK likes this.
  6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I thought mine could be useful, in that I thought by using my coin dispensing ability to pay Raskol for his coin votes it would show him the power I had and my willingness to use it in not scummy ways. As it turns out I have somehow once again risen near the top of everyone's probably town lists anyway so such a proof wasn't particularly useful.

I'm intrigued by the people who are claiming coin stealing powers, since someone stole most of my coins from me and I can't figure why anyone would pick me out of the crowd to target for that.

7. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Perhaps they were a long-ago victim of a bank robbery. :p

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Only banks are victims of bank robbery, and I am sure no one here is secretly a bank. I know banks, and you sir are no bank.

9. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Speaking of people who aren't particularly solvey useful, but still manage to participate consistently...enter Synsensa.

10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Well, it was useful to me tx (in at least two ways). But aren't you pushing too hard the "I am a villager" thingy? I hope you are not doing what I think you are very capable of doing.

Also, stop sending me out all the thieves out there! :lol:

11. pzelda

pzelda Emperor

LOgic, I think Visor voiced it and you agreed with him.

12. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

A runaway wagon on an enigmatic weed patch dweller isn't going to generate much action that could be examined later.

13. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I agree, I was about to advise that some people get off that boat... but who am I to do that.

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I did have a reason, but now that I think about it having been drained by the thieves already myself I guess there isn't much point in handing them a target on a platter. My apologies.

15. pzelda

pzelda Emperor

Too much information

Also, I reread Dolbster's posts and I want to take a look at Csargo and Tak. Right now Tak/Zack pack would make sense to me. But it's little early to start with Csargo associations.
    is usually quite easy to find as town but I've never encountered him in his evil form..
    Late Dolbster also doubted his strong Snerk v read.

16. pzelda

pzelda Emperor

I think Tak might fall in that category. His presence here wasn't consistent enough for him to really have impact but he's def capable of it as town.

17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

My expectations of 'Tak-normal' are badly snarled since the only game I played with him he was jumpy pressy day one just like this game. Still jumpy pressy day two but much less active, again just like this game. But then his internet failed and he completely disappeared, which I certainly wouldn't anticipate as the norm.

Similarly, I have nothing good to go on with you since all I've seen is your wolf.

18. pzelda

pzelda Emperor

I know this might be a coincidence, but Tak being 'good enough,' Zack getting his own tier of null and Argon being an enigma are all fishy reads to me. Before this wall, Csargo weirdly defended Chox without townreading him - that's more properly wolfy than the the way Visor defended Newyn. Also, his vote on Snerk only became based on evidence few posts later.
    I might vote him later.

19. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I haven't needed to go beyond my original contribution pointing to LordArgon. :dunno: It almost looked like I needed to but then a bunch of people switched back to Argon suddenly.

I like that pzelda's gotten a lot more active. You seem really insistent on being wolf-read, almost as though it's insulting to you that people think you're a good guy. :lol: Visor's gone quiet-ish and is kind of acting like me last game except with more lingo (that I honestly can't decipher 60% of the time).

Newyn V2's tough to read because I'm subconsciously comparing what he says to Newyn V1 even though I shouldn't be doing that.

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

That's an interesting take. I think of myself as more "puzzled by being town read" than "insistent on being wolf-read," but interesting.

How about turning that deep motivational analysis on Visor for me. I'm starting to nurse this mostly feelie (which bothers me about it) read on him and you might be the ideal person to bounce it with.

Dolbster got me thinking with his observation that people like playing town better, mostly. I think for Visor the big juice comes from leading the town to victory. This game he seems to be doing the same things that he did last game, which of course an experienced player is always going to know they have to do, but he just doesn't seem to have the zest for it. Obviously, there are possible explanations; real life intrusions, maybe not feeling totally healthy, I know I can be annoying and maybe that's building up after a full game...lots of options.

But maybe he just isn't feeling it because he can't get that big juice from leading the town to victory...because maybe he isn't town.