1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Csargo

Csargo Prince

This is truth.

2. Csargo

Csargo Prince

You probably give Visor/Zack the ATPG treatment here.

3. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Unvote.

topsecret likes this.
  4. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Short list:

Csargo, Raskol, Zelda, Johanna

Get two wagons out of those four and the scum will have to reveal themselves.

I figure I'm about to wake up dead, so do this for me, eh?

5. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

will do el capitano

i want to do a deep dive into this game sometime, maybe tonight

anyone else needs looking at iyo?

6. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

?

7. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

halfway rule i imagine

8. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

isn't that just giving visor/zack the visor/zack treatment? :p

i still feel like it's a weird post to make at the end of night 2

9. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Quiet night, not liking it.

Still, in case Mario & Co would get the silly idea of NKing me, I'll post some thougts.

It's noticeable that after some of us (dolbster, Tim) spoke about D1 wagons being all villagery, there were no one outside wagons in D2. Sure it's a good thrill, but we gave a glorious occasion for wolfs to hide. Back on D1 nonwagoners, Choxorn and Yako are already scum read, LordArgon is doing his usual thing. But he does seem to follow the thread with more attention than what he did in the Tak's game. Finally, there is Jo, who is posting a bit, but not solving/pressuring enough imo. carefull wolf? Maybe, I will be investigating this lead tmr. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 1/2 wolfs among these 4. Yako seems the obvious choice, but any of the other 3 is a good candidate too imo.

Out of my other reads, right now pzelda is the more suspect. He seems to be solvy but is never sharp or pressuring.

Among the rest of the town, I haven't strong opinions, Montmo/Tim are looking the best maybe.

:popcorn:

Sleep well folks

OOC: I am out of town for 20 hours... enjoy

10. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Manasi was not a terrible target in abstract. Being jumped up on hunt-juice was thrilling, h/t to Visor.

But you manipulated me, and I know you know it because you got noticeably relaxed in the end. Once you reeled me in there was no seeing clear. If one or both of Choxorn and Yako are scum this lynch was a disaster resting on my shoulders. Appreciate my having done your dirty work for you while you can, because if you're scum I hope I can hunt you down first of all.

FYI Yako wasn't in your first game, and you weren't lynched in Cold War.

This is what towncore analysis looks like, but I can't really assign anyone to towncore (you until F3 I guess). And I wouldn't be so sure that all players in a tie are town twice in a row.

I'm thinking Visor talking about Choxorn could fit into a certain archetype analysis though.

Spoiler :

After Manasi voted Chox I panicked and thought there was about to be movement off her, but in fact she was just tying Choxorn. And then unvoted, and then revoted, and Newyn's own movement back and forth there gave me the resolve that I had to take control before... something. Poor discipline.

Newyn? And why those "always" town?

Policy lynch???

100+ posts not enough for you?!

11. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Speaking of, Snerk and Tak were weirdly absent from the discourse D2. I hope that changes.

12. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

aye, me too

hard to get good reads on them otherwise

13. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

"But you manipulated me, and I know you know it because you got noticeably relaxed in the end. Once you reeled me in there was no seeing clear. If one or both of Choxorn and Yako are scum this lynch was a disaster resting on my shoulders. Appreciate my having done your dirty work for you while you can, because if you're scum I hope I can hunt you down first of all."

No, I didn't. Firstly, I thought the game day was still ending at 00 not 30 and eod writeup would still be late

then after that i was on a phone call and didnt have time to care as much

but i came back and clearly still cared as much as i could

i made a bad decision leaving choxorn alive for sure and i can see why you think it goes into that playbook but i'm just a villager here and if you tunnel me along with the rest of the gang you'll find that out sooner rather than later

why are you focusing on me more than zack anyway?

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

My bad. I've got so many bad lynches to my credit that i have trouble keeping track of them.

15. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

monty i think you are a villager. dont really know how to read you, but i liked your energy and posting at eod.

and tomorrow we will need to get our act together if so because this is essentially our tipping point. if we dont get a scum lynch tomorrow it will be very difficult to get a win here

you are going to have to work with me, evne if you dont necesarilly town read me

we are not doing anymore cfd nonsense, we will find the wolves beforehand. thats what we have to do

16. topsecret

topsecret Believer

Two Hours Remaining until Night 2 Ends (8:30 PM EST)

17. Montmorency

Montmorency King

How does Csargo have as many posts in a day as Snerk and Tak combined?

Just because I can't clear him doesn't mean I'll confront him. If Manasi were scum, maybe you could be cleared, which was the thrust of our interactions. There was more content from you to give my immediate input and concerns on.

I dispute that there wasn't a change in your posture after Manasi became a major wagon.

I wish I still had energy to do lots of notes and rereads as a player, but those never seemed to pay off for the investment.

The difficulty is the landscape has not changed at all since before Manasi flipped, and that landscape was bewildering to me. The game makes more sense if you are scum, in that I can create a narrative and associations with that (in a way that would be difficult if, say, Johanna flipped scum).

I don't really get why a number of people are giving me strong townreads. Naturally I take it warily from you.

18. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

By the way, if I do wake up dead and you find out that our bodyguard spent the evening protecting Choxhorn...

19. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

Be more constructive.
    You mean he's neither mafia nor town and he is the one and only person in that condition? You're PISsing me off.
    Going by the timestamps (Xenforo hasn't deleted them yet, it shows multiple posts at each of :22, :23, :24, :25, :26 in that page alone) there was so much crossposting at the time that this sounds plausible.
    D1 coincided with a RL weekend, the last of my secluded vacations proper, and after Monday, instead of lounging about near the computer and catching posts as they go I've been returning home no earlier than 1 or 2 hours before EOD, in time to read >200 posts each time and try to make sense of it afterwards while more people added to the pile. Except today which was an exception but it was night anyway. Expect activity to pick up again in RL weekends mostly, unless I'm stuck working at home. Or pretending to work at home which is nearly the same.

20. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

it paid off last game with mary :p

its more to get myself a better picture of some people in this game.

humour me monty, i flip village, who are the wolves then?