1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Phisher

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Goonie, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

First time poster. Could be a spy.... Thats what Im thinking.

2. naervod

naervod My current user title

Maybe... we should check for him at other civ sites as well. Lets remember, we don't want to scare off newbies with investigations of them although it is good to have a background check.

3. Goonie

He wouldn't use the same name...

I personally dont trust him. Most peoples first post are not in the DG! Especially when the Intersite DG isn't on the main site. I frankly dont want to give Thunderfall his name when we make this secure.

4. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I agree, but we should have a test of loyaly be placed uppon thoes who have 0 posts that are there just to vote.

I also agree not to over impose on newbies, but we have to keep our secret safe, "lose lips, sink ships"

5. Immortal

Immortal Chieftain

We seriously should have made this forum invisible BEFORE we started posting in it. Possibly we should have PM'ed our SP demogame players. Let them joined then worried about when people wanted to join it.

6. WildFire

WildFire amour

Man, talk about paranoia already!

But, it really is kinda suspicious. Of course, there always is a .00000001% chance that he was guest and avidly followed the other game but now he has registered to play this one.

Although I really doubt it ;)

7. Immortal

Immortal Chieftain

Only an enemy of our not-yet-created nation would post sympathizing with the enemy. You're against me aren't you? :cool:

8. Mark Phisher

Mark Phisher Chieftain

Sorry about worrying you people. I am somewhat new. Got the game a couple years ago, but recently started looking online for more stuff. I found this site on recommendation of a friend, and have been searching around it when I found out about the multiplayer game. It seemed like a good opportunity for something different than my normal single player games. I can assure you that I am not a spy, and that to be honest this is the only Civ3 site I know of. I hope to be an active part of any good game going on here.

9. Mark Phisher

Mark Phisher Chieftain

Oh... wait... I get it... is there a Marc Phisher at another site? I actually normally use Jan Trepin, but it was already taken... so I created a Marc Phisher as a name. Sounds German if you ask me, but that's just my opinion?

10. Goonie

Its just odd how this was the first section in which you posted...

11. WildFire

WildFire amour

You think I am against you? :confused:

I was only pointing out that you guys were coming to conclusions awfully fast, and now he has given us his word that he is not a spy. I think we can trust him. According to your guys opinions, if I was against you, I would have like 2-3 posts.

I believe I am a little bit higher than that :crazyeye:

12. Immortal

Immortal Chieftain

Prehaps editing in a j/k :lol: would clarify things for you WildFire

13. Goonie

I ask that CT, check his IP, than give it to me and I will contact the other teams! There is a post over at CDG about spying.

14. Mark Phisher

Mark Phisher Chieftain

Sorry. As I said, I am somewhat new to this online thing. I looked on here, and thought this was a really cool idea. Just wanting to know, do we need PTW, because I was already leaning to buy it, and if we need it... I will.

15. WildFire

WildFire amour

Yes Immortal, a j/k a ;) or a :p would of had me not go off on you

16. Goonie

Yes you need it. Please let it be known that if you are a spy you will be caught because we have your ip.... :evilgrin:

17. Immortal

Immortal Chieftain

We don't know yet Mark/Jan

18. Mark Phisher

Mark Phisher Chieftain

Dang thing... I was going for a German sounding name... I could have sworn I had written Marc... not Mark. So, I will get PTW.

19. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

We don't want to scare newbies off. I mean, when I joined the demogame, I didn't even have 20 posts.

Though maybe we could set up a NSA thread. I'd be happy to run it, with any other paranoid people.

20. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

I joined the second demogame with 0 posts. The demogame was the reason for me to sign up on CivFanatics.

But as this will be a game against other humans, I am VERY suspicious to anyone who just signed in...

And that doesn't affect just Mark Phisher, but also some others I see in this forum.