Marsh tiles in ocean?

Monado

King
Not sure what is going on here, this has happened three turns in a row. It should happen with the ship the save loads on (specifically the ship two hexes directly west of Aintza, in the south).

It has 4/4 movement and can move north normallly, however it seems to hit an invisible zone of control when moving southwest. One movement ends up taking 3 movement points.

It has only happened with this specific area of the map.

BE Bermuda Triangle?

Attachments

• Élodie.CivBESave
    829.8 KB · Views: 178
Just to follow up, this persisted all game long. Any ship heading southeast or southwest around the Cape of Aintza!

Attachments

• Élodie_TURN 251.CivBESave
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 136
thanks for the save files, and yes you have 5 marsh tiles in the ocean. don't know if that is intentional, since this is not an earth world, but seems like an unintentional bug in the map scripts....

and marsh tiles cost 2 movement points, even in the ocean :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Thanks TLHeart, I forgot to simply scroll over the tile ..ha.

hmm..Can't figure out how to edit the topic name to something more appropriate.

Moderator Action: Thread title changed to more accurately describe the bug and marked as confirmed.

Has anyone else come across this? sea tiles have marsh instead of coast. which means my units (embarked or naval) are slowed or want to go around. no idea if it can be removed with a worker, but it makes a marine assault a pain.

bug or feature?

Attachments

• marsh sea.jpg
    marsh sea.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 221
I ran into that once. I tried moving a worker directly onto it so that they could improve/remove it, but no dice.

Not all that unusual in Nature. Mud flats, salt marshes, tidal plains, etc. If in an ocean, it's an island that didn't quite break the surface. Along the coast, it's usually where a very shallow river, instead of creating a channel, just sort of spreads out and washes over the last foot or so deep to drain into the ocean. Sort of like a bayou.

Top Bottom