Mary Morbius

[to_xp]Gekko

QCT junkie
I'm currently reading some of the Lore Compendium, there's lot of entertaining stuff in there. the one that really gave me the creeps was Mary Morbius though. the thought of a human being imprisoned in a suffering body spreading the plague around is, to say the least, disturbing.

so it's just logic that I turn to all the lore experts in here to know all that there is to know about her. who is she? how did she end up so twisted and mutated? what is she about? etc. etc.

Mary existed for a long time, possibly a creation during the Age of Magic and is spoken of in the AoI pedia. (I can't think of where but she was called Tythloid Mary at the time.)

Well in the game you could get her if you got a random event as long as you had an alchemy lab. She was developed to be a living dirty bomb, essentially.

Of course I dont know if this is anything close to what the lore says she is. In the pedia for Arthendain (sp?) he pledges his life to finding and eliminating her. This was after a battle in the sewers of Prespur, so I dont know if it was a battle between Dwarfs and Vampires or what.

Sorry to nitpick, but Arthendain does not pledge his life to finding and eliminating her. He has blurry memories of her after he is brought back to life, and promises to just "find the girl." Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I like to think he was brought back by Sucullus to help cure the poor girl (That would be a nice event ;) ).

I am not familiar with the entry in AoI that refers to her (or Tythloid Mary), but judging how you get Mary Morbius in FFH2, she was born in this age, at that event. Maybe the research that created her came from an earlier time?

Sorry to nitpick, but Arthendain does not pledge his life to finding and eliminating her. He has blurry memories of her after he is brought back to life, and promises to just "find the girl." Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I like to think he was brought back by Sucullus to help cure the poor girl (That would be a nice event ;) ).

I am not familiar with the entry in AoI that refers to her (or Tythloid Mary), but judging how you get Mary Morbius in FFH2, she was born in this age, at that event. Maybe the research that created her came from an earlier time?

I havent read the entry in a while, so you might be right. Just remember this is dark fantasy, with few happy endings :)

The Pedia entry used to include his death and a conversation with Sucellus. He pledged his soul to Sucellus and promised to hunt her down, and was then resurrected.

This was changed a few versions ago, but I'm not quite sure when. I wonder if it might have happened after I pointed out that the story of how the Dwarves were created seem to imply that they do not have Souls/Divine Sparks as Humans, Elves, and Orks do, since they are not descended from Nemed. This should also mean that they would be unable to use magic, and that gods would not care for their worship.

Personally I'd rather o back to the old Arthendain entry, and to reveal that the story of Keldon Ki is just a myth that the dwarves erroneously believe, or pretend they believe when they are around humans. It could be based on a true story, but the dwarves would be Keldon's real children rather than his handiwork.

Personally I'd rather o back to the old Arthendain entry, and to reveal that the story of Keldon Ki is just a myth that the dwarves erroneously believe. It could be based on a true story, but the dwarves would be Keldon's real children rather than his handiwork.

Not necessarily beleive... They have a history of Lying to/tricking humans: (Mithril = dragon bones)...

The Pedia entry used to include his death and a conversation with Sucellus. He pledged his soul to Sucellus and promised to hunt her down, and was then resurrected.

This was changed a few versions ago, but I'm not quite sure when. I wonder if it might have happened after I pointed out that the story of how the Dwarves were created seem to imply that they do not have Souls/Divine Sparks as Humans, Elves, and Orks do, since they are not descended from Nemed. This should also mean that they would be unable to use magic, and that gods would not care for their worship.

Personally I'd rather o back to the old Arthendain entry, and to reveal that the story of Keldon Ki is just a myth that the dwarves erroneously believe. It could be based on a true story, but the dwarves would be Keldon's real children rather than his handiwork.

I still haven't read the new one. So you are saying the story was changed because Dwarves do not have souls? In that case I would definitely agree that the pedia entry should be reverted, and the story about them beig made from statues be only a fairytale.

They have a history of Lying to/tricking humans: (Mithril = dragon bones)

I thought that was simply just so they could hoard all the Mythril for them selves, Their just greedy not compulsive liers. :p

i saw them as tricking humans for pleasure as well as profit... If they are portrayed as Kilmorph's chosen, then they have less competition for the favors of Kilmorph... Humans will be less inclined to delve into the lands of those chosen by Kilmorph...

I don't know...

i saw them as tricking humans for pleasure as well as profit... If they are portrayed as Kilmorph's chosen, then they have less competition for the favors of Kilmorph... Humans will be less inclined to delve into the lands of those chosen by Kilmorph...

Well dwarves and humans aint got the best relations I guess, after humans did all that exploiting of Dwarfanity and all that making them like, you know go into the Underdark or whatever its called.

I seem to recall Dwarves telling humans that Mithril was Dragon bonse as revenge for the attrocities commited against them... hoping that humans would slaughter themselves attacking dragons.

It was just a joke. They didn't think anyone would believe it, but were even more amused when they saw humans taking it seriously and head out to kill dragons for their bones. They probably didn't mind the dragon's being killed either, as they had stolen a lot of their wealth.

Top Bottom