Mass murderer Anders Breivik threatens Hunger Strike for better ... Video Games

Why not just say no and see how long he wants to keep going with his hunger strike?

What was his class? Human paladin? :D

Paladins typically have an above average affinity for authority and the status quo.
They're not a very revolutionary bunch.

The question you want to ask here is:
What does the 12 year old dumb kid play who shoots at the neighborhood cats with his air gun?
Assassination Rogue of course. And apparently Breivik was one, too.

Makes sense, but one would suppose he might have wanted to fully live the fantasy being in WoW and there he would have succeeded in his plans to bring a new government in place which in turn would make him a Palatinos (Paladin seams to mean Palatial knight) ;)

So many people would like to see the dude dead. Let him go on ...

Alternatively let him play civ 5 to get bored him to death.

Paladins typically have an above average affinity for authority and the status quo.
They're not a very revolutionary bunch.

The question you want to ask here is:
What does the 12 year old dumb kid play who shoots at the neighborhood cats with his air gun?
Assassination Rogue of course. And apparently Breivik was one, too.

Nope.
Level 85 female Human Mage with the name of "Conservatism".
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/04/the-life-of-a-mass-murderer-in-world-of-warcraft/

So, if anyone of you ever played on Silvermoon and joined the Nevermore guild, then you are buddies with a mass murderer.

Why not just say no and see how long he wants to keep going with his hunger strike?

I think he's just attention seeking. (Ian Brady pulls the same kind of stunt.)

He'll keep up with it as long as he thinks he's getting attention.

I don't keep up with this guy's case, but if he is truly that isolated then I don't see the problem with catering to his desires for better video games considering how he is going to go crazy anyways without proper human contact. If the goal was to simply isolate criminals who commit terrible crimes then we might wish to reconsider this whole "justice system" thing.

Nope.
Level 85 female Human Mage with the name of "Conservatism".

My bad.
I just followed the Armory link and figured "Conservatism, Valhalla, something something, yeah that must be him." :D

Now i have to come up with a rant against mages...
I want a raise.
I think he did the mass murder before the last expansion came out. So how can he be 85?
Max level is 90. Two different expansions.
But i should have had your thought. Would have prevented my mistake.

I think he's just attention seeking. (Ian Brady pulls the same kind of stunt.)

He'll keep up with it as long as he thinks he's getting attention.
Isn't that all the more reason to tell him to do something anatomically impossible with himself? They can consider it an experiment to see how long someone will starve themselves in the cause of getting better video games. To make the experiment more interesting, they could put good food outside his cell each day to test his willpower.

Norway ceases to be a progressive paradise. He only has a PS2, he should have a PS4.

Hang your heads in shame. He killed 8 people to earn that.

My bad.
I just followed the Armory link and figured "Conservatism, Valhalla, something something, yeah that must be him." :D

Now i have to come up with a rant against mages...
I want a raise.

Max level is 90. Two different expansions.
But i should have had your thought. Would have prevented my mistake.

I think you're right. I used to be so into that game. I never got the latest expansion (but I did do a free trial of it). I'm just not hard core enough into world of warcraft to be a serial killer apparently.

Norway has their way of doing things. I don't see any reason to mock it. The point is to isolate Breivik from the rest of society. He's a piece of human garbage so of course it feels disgusting, but it's better than the macho revenge fantasy stuff that contributes to the deplorable state of American prisons.

I mean, if there was a proved causal link between harshness of prisons and lower rates of crime, that would be an interesting rebuttal to Norway's strategy. I don't think there is though.

It's the other way around. Harsh treatment doesn't really help.

Allowing or denying video games will neither encourage nor discourage people from committing crimes similar to his.
But, I've a strong fan of the hunger strike, and greatly respect it. I don't think that should be violated. Let him be hungry, see if it changes people's mind about his plight.

edit: if he's not actually crazy, treating him humanely is the giantist slap to his position I can imagine.

He is likely to be in isolation for the rest of his life on a regular prison sentence for his own safety from the prison population. Thats pretty different from a cabin on a boat. A living space of 3 regular cells combined isn't that over the top even for the worst of the worst. Some might say he should be restricted to books, some might say hand-written parchment. I dont think some limited elecronic media is that over the top either.

This complaining I honestly think is just him trying to provoke a reaction thinking it somehow furthers his cause (With a hopefull bonus of more vidya gayms ofc). That and he is an attention seeking brat.

I don't know why he's complaining. PS2 has hundreds of great titles. Ps3 has only like dozen. Long term I'd take PS2 over PS3.

The thing is, if Breivik does indeed start a hunger strike, the norwegian authorities are obliged to force feed him. And, depending on how you do it, this actually CAN be torture.

Link to video.

I don't think that Norway will adopt ANY Guantanamo Bay standard operating procedures, but I don't really object against Breivik finding out how much fun being fed is.

Can't a person be nourished intravenously? The tube down the nose seems punitive by comparison.

Top Bottom