1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Massive Master of Orion 3 review!

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Lucky, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Lucky

Lucky Game- and Quizmaster

I have finally finished my Master of Orion 3 review, published in the March release of the Gamecatcher Magazine. :yeah:
    After playing this game, the sequel to one of my favorites ever, for almost 4 week, I had real trouble stopping to write. I tried to give an objective insight, as well as some general tips and strategies in this 33 pages review.

Enjoy some nice screenshots, but I hope the critical and differentiated analysis of the different game aspects can help undecided people whether this game is something for them or not.

I hope you enjoy it and that at least some of you might learn a new thing or two. I know this sounds like advertising, but I don´t get anything out of this. But instead of writing the 33 pages here, I´ll just linkt to it. So feel free to comment here or ask any questions you might have.
    :D

2. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

Lucky,

I read your review, thank you for linking it. Based on your review, and a few other things I've read, I think I'll wait a couple of months before I buy it.

BTW, while your English is very good, you made one mistake (actually, you made the same mistake twice) that made me cringe. The word "unique" does not mean "rare, unusual or different," it means "one of a kind." Something cannot be "very unique" or "relatively unique." There aren't degrees of uniqueness. Something can be "almost unique" or "possibly unique" or "definitely unique" but one thing cannot be "uniquer" than something else. Sorry, but it's one of my pet peeves.

3. Lucky

Thanks for your reply.
    But I do think I actually meant "unique" when I wrote it. IIRC, when using it, I was refering to "one of a kind" innovations in TBS games. I´ll try to remember the "no degrees of uniqueness" rule, though. ;)

4. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

When is the review for GalCiv coming? I have moved on to that game....much more fun IMHO.

5. Lucky

Soon, as soon as I find the time to get that game. :mischief:

But of course we are always looking for other people to write reviews, too, so if you want to ...