Master of mana updates

Kozar

Chieftain
I have created the following patch for Xtended. The goal was to fix bugs that I encountered and polish some of the features. Adding this will break regular Xtended saves, but hopefully it adds to the gameplay.

1.4 Changelog (Probably won't break saves - not sure if renaming a field breaks saves):
Changelog:
[UNIT]Centaurs all get familiar ground 1
[UNIT]Basic centaurs can upgrade into caravan guards
[UNIT]Arcane units receive bonuses from cities
[PEDIA]Removed the centaur stragegy pedia entry as it was out of date
[BUILDING]The clan palace adds +2 stone to all quarry types.
[GAME]In advanced start extra tiles will be revealed - 2-3 extra rings around the advanced start location so that a capitol can be placed with better information
--This works with teams as well (either team can settle on the other's tiles if desired)

Bugfixes:
Fixed a minor display bug with the base strength text
Fixed an issue with yield calculations from features

Spoiler v1.3 changelog :

1.3 Changelog (Technically shouldn't break saves from previous versions, but restart anyway due to changed calculations):
[IMPROVEMENT]Volcanoes no longer destroy improvements - at least not over time. May be temporary until something interesting can be done with volcanoes.
[IMPROVEMENT]Added a base discovery chance for Lanun for pearls (they already could via pirate cove improvements)
[IMPROVEMENT]Made resource discovery more random - previously the first resource found would roll and find the resource. Now all resources roll and a random one is selected. It mattered more at higher discovery percentages where there was a greater chance of rolling 2 resources in a single turn
[INTERFACE]Added some text to describe just how much a global enchantment is costing/will cost
[INTERFACE]Global enchantments now apply the mana cost reduction from additional mana to the initial casting as well
[INTERFACE]Global yields should now update immediately upon changing plot assignments
[BUILDING]Grand lodge building will now affect the forest lodge improvement
[BUILDING]Stonecutters add +2 stone for having access to stone, and +1 for each stone rss. Designed to make it an interesting trade good instead of something to just give away for something more valuable
[SPELL]Great sages can discover mana nodes on existing resources (not mana)
[UNIT]Explorers have 1 cargo space

Bugfixes:
Fixed a grammar error for a building built by bards
Fixed a text error that said the discount for global enchantments was greater than the max allowable
Fixed a bug where the equipment tooltip didn't give the right cost for strength potions
Fixed a display bug where the display of the actual yield of buildings that gave a bonus for each extra bonus wasn't correct
Fixed a bug where global enchantments (specifically tree of life in this case) did not fully recalculate the yield immediately upon canceling the enchantment, even though the building is removed
Fixed a bug where global enchantments (tree of life) increased the base yield by the modified amount and then had the amount applied again.
Fixed a bug where buildings like sawmills that gave a bonus per lumber resource weren't actually giving it
Fixed a bug that made water resources not findable (except for Lanun pirate improvements)
Fixed a bug where once built, a building would not show the same actual values as directly before building (found with elephant conservations)
Fixed a localization bug for "We love the XXXX" day
Spoiler v1.2 changelog :

1.2 Changelog (shouldn't break saves from previous versions):
[WONDERS]All improvement modifiying wonders except barnaxus workshop should also affect their civ-specific upgrade.
[FYRDWELL]Changed the description of the fyrdwell to remove the saying that it doesn't receive defensive bonuses - it does and has been.
[PROMOTION]The blitz promotion doesn't take an extra movement point to attack
[INTERFACE]Units will now look at the plot to determine if a spell can be cast (useful for example to figure out if an arcane unit can create a sage tower)
[INTERFACE]Units will now check to see if they can cast a spell to construct buildings in cities (useful to know which cities need sage towers)
[INTERFACE]Prior to taking a promotion that allows the construction of a building, the tooltip will now let the user know if a city can build that building (useful to know which cities need sage towers).

Bugfixes:
Fixed a display bug for yield buildings
Spoiler v1.1 changelog :

Changelog:
[ELOHIM]Monks now get immunity to withered at timeless body instead of immunity to poison which they already get earlier.
[INTERFACE]The tooltip when hovering over an animal will now show if such an animal can build a building in your cities.

Bugfixes:
* Changes to the resistances - due to internal numbers changes 1000 now represents immunity, so updated XML.
* Fixed a reference to the civic republic that doesn't exist any more.
* Fixed a bug with the research bar that would give a python error when right-clicking to pull up the Civilopedia
* Fixed a bug with summoned units adding to outside military support (shouldn't have affected anything).
* Fixed a localization error with Clan builders building pits
Spoiler v1.0 changelog :

Changelog:
[MAZATL]Mazatl now have a number of bonuses related to deep jungle, such as from gear.
[MAZATL]Dwellers get good results from goody huts
[MAZATL]Mazatl towns get -2 commerce with the Lost Lands civic to sync with villages.
[AUSTRIN]Austrin get double movement on all terrain. Not being able to build roads shouldn't be because they just don't want to go anywhere.
[GUILD]Added the option to enable additional guilds at certain tech levels. Eventually all guilds are usable.
[GUILD]The herbalism guild is available to evil civs. However, they are blocked beyond potions.
[GUILD]If the state religion is Empyrean or Order, embracing the Cult of Esus will result in a progressively larger faith generation penalty.
[GUILD]Forbidden enclave affects Clan of Embers pits
[BUILDING]Wishing wells give 1 happiness
[TRAIT]The spiritual trait also makes pagan temples cost no resources
[RESOURCES]Wine and timber has a higher base chance to be discovered.
[RESOURCES]Gunpowder can be discovered with the spell discover mining resources
[RESOURCES]Mining resources are no longer discovered and enabled at Artisans guild, but new ones can only be discovered with artisans guild or gunpowder.
[RESOURCES]Mithril and gunpowder are enabled and discoverable at their respective techs.
[RESOURCES]Added mechanics for improving resource discovery rate
---Split resource discovery rate among land and sea
---All sea tiles now have a base chance to discover resources
---Read the "Master of Mana" "Improvements" Civilopedia entry for details.
[RESOURCES]Added mechanics for improving improvement growth (mainly targeted to cottages and trade centers)
[RESOURCES]Civ specific improvement upgrades get a higher resource discovery chance.
[MAP]Removed references to various features and improvements that aren't present in the mod in the ErebusContinent map generator.
[MAP]Tech can now be bought again from the AS tech chooser.
[MAP]Added an option in the ErebusContinent map generator to not add bonuses. Note: Playing with this option is not recommended at this time as the AI doesn't understand resource discovery well.
[SPELL]Changed the way that spells that target adjacent plots (meteor swarm) works. It was recursively targeting adjacent plots, which means that it could chain around all over and back on itself, now it will just have a chance to target adjacent plots once and be done.
[SPELL]Resistances and weakness will no longer apply a flat percentage but will instead apply scaling protection or weakness against spell damage
[SPELL]Spells will be much less effective against units that represent low numbers, such as most heroes, and much more effective against units representing large numbers.
--Damaged units may no longer represent a large number of units and spell damage will account for that.
[SPELL]Units that have increases in spelltargets or spell damage may not have enough to get to the next unit. If that is the case, the excess is converted into a percentage.
--If you have a 20% increase to spelltargets, a single target spell on a stack of 2 units will hit the second unit 20% of the time.
[INTERFACE]Added a spellcasting tooltip to describe what damage a spell will do and why it will do it.
[INTERFACE]The combat tooltip will display the combat odds if the target unit would attack a unit on the unit's current tile.
[INTERFACE]Added text for just how much the enslavement chance would increase by taking the manhunter promotions.
[INTERFACE]Removed the announcement of major projects to all players.
[INTERFACE]Explained that higher tier units can cast at a longer range
[GENERAL]Garrisoned units can equip gear and will not lose it upon garrisoning.
[GENERAL]Animals will yield less food per combat (5 per strength).
[GENERAL]Arcane research will carry over decimal amounts - fractional research should not be lost.
[GENERAL]Palaces and buildings that give bonus resources will give the bonus to the city production. So for instance palace mana will give the spell research bonus to the city.
[GENERAL]Agnostic or civs with no state religion, or civs with all sacred knowledge for their religion don't apply any faith toward sacred knowledge.

Bugfixes:
*If a spell changes the city population, the population must be greater than the change, before it could have been just equal.
*All palaces now have a defense bonus.
*Fixed a small bug in calculating city radius.
*Fixed a lot of missing Civilopedia reference errors
*Fixed a significant slowdown if there were more than 15 units in a stack
*Fixed a text description when equipping units that gave the incorrect resource requirement
*Picking a class on a monk will no longer show that equipment types will be enabled
*Workboats don't require nearby resources to train
*Workers should always be free to support - no 2 units per city limit on AS.
*Fixed Civopedia bugs with traits
*Fixed a bug with Yakut
*Fixed a number of assert messages (transparent to the user).

Installation:

Note: This installation will have all files required - no need to download Master of Mana->2.11->Xtended 66 -> Xtended 67.

To install, go to the "Code" tab in the Sourceforge download location below, select "Master" under the branches, and click "Download Snapshot". It will download a zip file called something like master-of-mana-xtended-cont-code-6196d2cb6ad5a8f6e2d2426db578f627f5497fe5. Extract or copy the files into the folder: Beyond the Sword\Mods\WHATEVER MOD NAME YOU LIKE.

Note: When testing this, extracting created Beyond the Sword\Mods\master-of-mana-xtended-cont-code\master-of-mana-xtended-cont-code\all the rest of the files. That did not work, so simply bringing everything up one layer to Beyond the Sword\Mods\master-of-mana-xtended-cont-code fixed the issue. At some point an installer might be created.

Download location:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/master-of-mana-xtended-cont/

Old (will probably remove soon - the above should have everything):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dPHGiyjWFn4pvGs6VHqG6Kk8WWhKHo9A/view?usp=sharing (1.2)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gLTpJHnrsjhIoWS-L2EbpzjhbC33ZIlI/view?usp=sharing (1.1)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GdkjGMe1epxjT1RIU_hqZACdaWEKFvQ-/view?usp=sharing (1.0)

Last edited:
Thanks for update. can i install this one to svn or 5.6?

I used the SVN repository as the basis of these changes. It looks like SVN commit 64 is version 5.6, but then a few more commits were added so we are on commit 67 now. I have the changes from commit 67 in my workspace so this builds from that. If you get the latest SVN repository version and then copy the files from my update you should be good to go.

I used the SVN repository as the basis of these changes. It looks like SVN commit 64 is version 5.6, but then a few more commits were added so we are on commit 67 now. I have the changes from commit 67 in my workspace so this builds from that. If you get the latest SVN repository version and then copy the files from my update you should be good to go.
cool that's same as i just expected.

Thank you for keeping this mod alive!
I managed to download svn commit 67 and your update file but the contents of your 7z file looks like the attatched screenshot. It does not have folder structure in it and I don't know where the each file must go. Am i doing something wrong? I re-downloaded it two more times but the file is the same.
제목 없음.png

Thank you for keeping this mod alive!
I managed to download svn commit 67 and your update file but the contents of your 7z file looks like the attatched screenshot. It does not have folder structure in it and I don't know where the each file must go. Am i doing something wrong? I re-downloaded it two more times but the file is the same.
View attachment 601083

Thanks for checking it out - I didn't realize that the compression had not retained the the file paths. Apparently I don't have enough posts to have the rights to edit my own post so until I do here is an updated link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gLTpJHnrsjhIoWS-L2EbpzjhbC33ZIlI/view?usp=sharing

I also made some additional changes that should have gotten packaged in:

Changelog:
[ELOHIM]Monks now get immunity to withered at timeless body instead of immunity to poison which they already get earlier.
[INTERFACE]The tooltip when hovering over an animal will now show if such an animal can build a building in your cities.

Bugfixes:
* Changes to the resistances - due to internal numbers changes 1000 now represents immunity, so updated XML.
* Fixed a reference to the civic republic that doesn't exist any more.
* Fixed a bug with the research bar that would give a python error when right-clicking to pull up the Civilopedia
* Fixed a bug with summoned units adding to outside military support (shouldn't have affected anything).
* Fixed a localization error with Clan builders building pits

Two xml files are causing errors while loading SVN 67. XGUILDS_CIV4BUILDINFOS.XML and ARISTRAKH_CIV4CIVILIZATIONINFOS.xml. The popup said IMPROVEMENT_CATACOMBS, IMPROVEMENT_PYRE and IMPROVEMENT_CRYPT was incorrect in info class(?) in both xml files.
And red circles appear on water tiles and pink squares appear in some pedia entries.
Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
Problems are the same after installing your update files. I wonder if other players got no problems with r67.

Two xml files are causing errors while loading SVN 67. XGUILDS_CIV4BUILDINFOS.XML and ARISTRAKH_CIV4CIVILIZATIONINFOS.xml. The popup said IMPROVEMENT_CATACOMBS, IMPROVEMENT_PYRE and IMPROVEMENT_CRYPT was incorrect in info class(?) in both xml files.
And red circles appear on water tiles and pink squares appear in some pedia entries.
View attachment 601320 View attachment 601321
Problems are the same after installing your update files. I wonder if other players got no problems with r67.
Did you install your mod this way? MOM full→Patch 2.11→ SVN67

Where does MoM Experimental Setup.exe from Master of Mana download | SourceForge.net fit in there?
That is a more recent addition. Anything in there not already part of Xtended or your updates?

Those changes are not in the Xtended version or my updates. My updates have been focused on extending Xtended - since I was unfamiliar with the code base, I focused on the peripherals - bugfixes, tooltips, and polishing for example. The changes in the experimental version are very ambitious and include major structural changes to the mod. Unfortunately, despite having a lot of interesting ideas worth exploring they were not completed. I think that the experimental changes were supposed to be a grand update to the mod that would have ultimately become a version 3.0. Xtended built on MoM 2.0 and since MoM 3.0 never came out, Xtended is the most developed release version of the mod.

I was playing around with the installation and noticed that it was more complicated than necessary so I created a separate repository. Hopefully that will help with installation. Installation instructions have been updated in the first post, but long story short the repository should be self-contained. When you download it you shouldn't need to worry about installing the base versions or any other versions. If you want to play Xtended without my changes, you can simply browse the commits and download the snapshot from the first commit.

Thanks for that 1.2 !
I'm obsessed with nixkin/mage svartalfar, so it's going to make my next run a thousand times ( at least ) more fun !

( I removed my blitz post because it was already in xtended, so i wasn't sure if it was a design decision or not. Thanks for the change, though ! )

Thanks for that 1.2 !
I'm obsessed with nixkin/mage svartalfar, so it's going to make my next run a thousand times ( at least ) more fun !

( I removed my blitz post because it was already in xtended, so i wasn't sure if it was a design decision or not. Thanks for the change, though ! )

Not a problem, thanks for bringing it to my attention! I too thought it was a design decision (and it kind of was), but after I thought about it and played around with removing it I decided that just removing it was the best option. I don't like significant mechanics like that to be hidden from the player (I didn't even know about it until you mentioned it), and among other things I didn't like that when I had two identical units, the one with blitz ended up with less mobility after doing the same action.

I didn't like that when I had two identical units, the one with blitz ended up with less mobility after doing the same action.

Yes, that's the unfun part.
Lost my ultra veteran nixkin legend from the start of the game, because i planned its movements with normal point use in mind, but it finished its turn next to the stack of doom.
All the others little nixkins, who did the same manoeuvre successfully since no blitz, watched from a safe distance the old one get shredded.

I avenged her.
No vassalisation for you, Arendel !
Only oblivion !

Does discovering sea resources work for you?
I've played a lot of hours with the new version and have not yet had a single resource discovery on water.

Top Bottom