[MoO] Master of Orion 2 - Dynasties & O2M (modding tool)

Ponkyo

Chieftain
Dynasties is a mod for Master of Orion 2 (DOS version) that improves the gameplay to a long run game where every tech matters. The unmodded game is very quick and the basic techs are there just so you have something to upgrade. This is no longer the case. Each new tech requires very expensive research so everything you can get your hands on, either by researching or by spying other players, is valuable and can be a game changer. Defenses are also much stronger. Conquering a well defended planet is no easy task. This mod is powered by O2M.

O2M is an advanced visual tool that can create and edit mods for Master of Orion 2: Battle at Antares. It's built as a front-end for the Unofficial Fan Patch 1.50, which in return fixes most game issues and crashes.

Mods can greatly enhance your play experience and bring this very nice game back to life. O2M hides away the complicated file management as much as possible, making modding available even for the most inexperienced users. You can quickly share mods with other people by using the import / export options.

Moreover, O2M provides a game launcher that allows you to easily apply mods and start the game with a simple click.

Screenshots

o2m-shot1.jpg o2m-shot2.jpg o2m-shot3.jpg o2m-shot4.jpg o2m-shot5.jpg o2m-shot6.jpg o2m-shot7.jpg

DOWNLOAD Dynasties & O2M 5.0

Have fun modding and playing Master of Orion 2!

Last edited:
Ponkyo, your mod looks great! I'm excited to try it. Can you help me with an error? I'm using Windows 7, and I get this when I click "Launch Game:"
upload_2021-2-24_9-41-23.png

Also, everything on the "Modules" menu is grayed out except "Launcher:"
upload_2021-2-24_9-43-26.png

I can't access any of the other modules, even with the Ctrl+ hotkeys.

Thanks for any help!

You need to install DOSBox, MOO2 is too old to run alone in Windows, besides O2M only works for the DOS version. Then go to O2M > File > Settings > Clear Settings, run O2M again then select the correct DOSBox executable when asked (you probably have selected the wrong file, it should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe).

And all the stuff in the Module menu are only available when you edit a mod.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! Both errors are gone, and the game actually launches now, so yes- that helped a lot.

The modules are all still grayed out, so I still can't edit the tech tree:
upload_2021-3-11_5-52-39.png

Have you seen this before?

Dynasties & O2M are now on ModDB. Although Dynasties is a complex mod that can bring loads of fun, you might be way more interested in O2M which simplifies MOO2 modding by a mile. If you have a ModDB account, please login and rate this up or share the news so others will know about. It's up to you to keep this fine game alive now, good luck!

Top Bottom