Mature player PBEM game - Newbie friendly :-)

Arnaud.Online

Chieftain
Hello everyone :)

I would like to launch a PBEM Civ 4 game, preferably with 6-8 players so that each of us would have one turn a week. I am a complete beginner in Civ, Civ 4 being my first Civ game. I am quite experienced with RTS games (Total Annihilation mostly, an old one :)). French-speaking players are welcome, even though english proficiency would be nice if not all the players are french or bilingual canadian (i am french). Who is interested ?

Arnaud

I am interested but i can't play anything over standard size. I can speak french and english, however its been a while since i wrote it so im rusty

Well, I'd be interested in joining you. My French is very limited since I haven't taken any French Classes since 1988...

My preference is the Mongols, leader head Kubli Khan

I can't speak french but would love to join a PBEM game. I guess at 37 I would be called mature and I would class myself as a newbie even though I used to play SMAC PBEM alot...

I would love to play a newbie-friendly game. Preferably Egypt.

Afraid I don't speak French but I do have 150 Canadian relatives so they can translate for me :p

Hello all !

Ok, so far we have 9 players, that's one more than envisaged, but it's ok :) I will now create the game as soon as i received from each of you the following infos:

* your nickname in the game
* prefered nation & leader (some of you have already indicated their preferences, so do not make a choice already taken). Random is ok.

Size will be standard. All parameters will be default. Communications outside the game (emails, IM, whatever) are perfectly ok. What is more interesting than exchanging some short emails when we are at work, about alliances, coordinated efforts or sneak attacks for the next turns :) ?
Please consider that by agreeing to participate, you will do your best to make your turn in 24 hours following the reception of the savegame from the previous players. That should translate in at least one turn every 9 days for each of us, maybe more. Occasional delays for exceptional circumpstances are ok, but regularly introducing lag in the game is not. We are all adults though, and communication in this forum should clean any misunderstanding.
Lastly, i received a proposal from Big J Money to join his game (another thread in this forum), but as we are now 9, that would make a 13+ game which for me as a newbie is a little too much. However, do not hesitate to go and see his thread if you intend to participate in two games at once.

Now, i am waiting for your preferences (name, nation and leader) and shall the fun begin :)

Arnaud

We will use password protection, to prevent each other from seeing other's empire. In order to do that, on your very first turn of play, each of you will press Alt + D. A small form will appear, already partially filled with your name and nation, and with 3 empty box. When you mouse-over it, the description will appear. Please fill at least the Password box. Doing it this way, even me will not know any of the password.
You can also fill the SMTP box if you want the game to email automatically your savegame to the next player. In this case, when emailing from the game, the game will ask you the email adress of the next player. It seems to be still buggy though, and manual emailing is more stable (i tried it with my provider, Sympatico in Canada, with no luck yet).

Arnaud

I'll be Arabia, and my name will be Rocky. Don't you need my email also for a PBEM?

Yes, emails are needed so that each of us know who to send the turn to ! Sorry if i was not clear about that. So please everyone, indicates the email you which to receive your savegame in !

Arnaud

So far, i have 3 emails out of the 9 needed (mine, Gnarfflinger and SITS). To the remaning 6, please send me yours :)

Arnaud

A small update: thanks to the 6 players who sent me their infos. I have sent emails to each of the 3 remaining ones, to remind them that we still wait for their email to launch the game.

Arnaud

Mine is FoeHammer343 @ Gmail . com

Hi everyone,

The game is started :) The order of the players is the order of arrival of the posts in this thread. So it is:

1) MarsAttack (me)
2) Rocky (Coke Cola)
3) Gnarfflinger the Butcher
4) SITS
5) Azzaman
6) Shoegazer
7) Ricki
8) Ranathari
9) Podbevna

I have entered in the game configuration the email adresses of everyone (Shoegazer, i entered the one you used to email me). I suggest that everyone, as the start of their first turn, set a password for their game by using ALT+D and mouseover over the window that will appear. But anyway, I trust everyone to keep this game fun and cheat-free. I will make my turn tonight and send it to Rocky. So welcome everyone, and now let's have fun :)

Arnaud

PS: some of you took precautions not to display their emails here for obvious reasons (bot farming and the like), so i will not display them either, but they are all entered in the game so that each of us can know who to send the turn to.

The game is now in Rocky's hand.

Arnaud

PS: oh well, i forgot to put a password for my nation :-D Will do it for my next turn.

Top Bottom