Mature Players Association

One of the biggest mistake I find most host is doing is picking way too big of a map for multiplayer. A small map from multiplayer is huge for multiplayer especially when you usually end up with 2-3 ppl lefted in the game after a few hours. Last nite the host pick small with 4 players. In a short time the host was destroyed which lefted 3 then when the player on the right side of me saw how much distance between him and us (two of us was beside each other) he quit. I quickly lost interest since the game quickly became a 2 ppl game with one AI.

I hope its not too late but ive had similiar problems with multiplayer games i think this is a great idea.

This seems very tempting, but I have a question:

I'm all for helping out newer players by answering questions on mechanics and strategies, but I don't like a set of artificial "honor" rules. Taking it easy on new players is a disservice -- they can learn by watching, especially if you'll discuss with them why they lost or mistakes you've noticed. As an inexperienced civ4 MP player myself, I prefer to be smacked around while I learn, it helps.

What do you guys think of this subject?

I kind of agree. As long as you answer their questions, be mature and nice to them, then I think you can do what you want with them.. Treat them like any other player. I joined a game last night where I started out in a terrible spot and france had me cornered. This was my first game and It was a good learning experience.. I was rome and grabbed some iron.. Pumped out some Praetorians and took france out completely. It was a great learning experience ;) :D. But I agree with Marquis Mark.

Throw me on your list. I had a pretty fun first MP game tonight. But it sucked cause people kept joining and leaving and we even had one person join, declare war, then log off.

Ok can we follow that thread with the number of post .
Please made a new one and explain what kind of agreement you guys made .

I am kinda new to MP civ but I played my 1st game today was 2nd eliminated outta 5.

But I am competitive and wanna get better, I dont quit, I am a good sport.

If it seems like someone you want to play with you look me up.

I would like to play online games on the weekend when I have time for a long game or an ongoing Email game would be great....how do you play an online game I still dont know.

hey i just wanted to let you guys know I aim to play this week hopefully tuesday - tomorrow night being halloween here. Need to placate the ghosties and ghoulies. Weekends seem to have too many people playing on gamespy for my computer and I get in and then spit out. hope to see some MPA games tues later

elderotter said:
sure why not?

Well, sign me up then :) I don't have cIV yet due to amazon :rolleyes: but when I get it I want some MP experience with some nice ppl.

Timeszone's CET

Hey, this sounds great. I'm in!

I've had a couple of MP experiences, some good and some bad. Not a good player but an average one who just plays for fun.

A good idea would be to list your gamespy login here so we can effectively add each other to our lists and find games easier.

Mine's EnriqueTDL

Why dont we just get a list of emails going and we can feel free to email the group when someone has a gametime coming up. Thatd be awesome I think.

I played an MPA game the other night. Didn't recognize the names from this thread but everyone in the game was pretty normal. No FPS clanners threatening to own the newbies or anything like that. Only problem was the game crashed just as it was getting good. lol I tried to log back on but none of the other players hooked back in.

I am also interested, I usually play from 5:30pm MST - midnight, on weekdays. On the weekends I'm pretty much available all the time! :)

Anyways, for some reason NONE of my friends are interested in it, or they aren't "into" it as much as I am. I am seeking someone to play with on a regular basis in the evenings. If you are in the same boat as I am, or are interested at all, please reply to this message or send a message to "skalapunk" on AIM.

Thanks, hope to talk to someone soon!

Varelse said:
I played an MPA game the other night. Didn't recognize the names from this thread but everyone in the game was pretty normal. No FPS clanners threatening to own the newbies or anything like that. Only problem was the game crashed just as it was getting good. lol I tried to log back on but none of the other players hooked back in.

Hey now, I'm primarily an "FPS clanner." We're not all snot-nosed script kiddies :)

Email: ryanmscott23@gmail.com
XFire: EnriqueTDL
Gamespy: EnriqueTDL
AIM: armthehomeiess

I won't be able to play for a couple weeks, but after that it's on :D

Top Bottom