1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature Players Association

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by elderotter, Oct 24, 2005.

1. RabidMonkeyMan

RabidMonkeyMan Chieftain

i have a couple friends that make it so you never hear the end of it when they win in a mp game of anything....i think this should be a relief from the frustration of not winning

2. SirKillalot

SirKillalot Chieftain

Count me in, im looking forward to a good MP game :king:

3. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator Supporter

Moderator Action: Thread moved. The obvious place for this thread is in the new Multiplayer forum.

4. ChrisChua

ChrisChua Chieftain

As much as i am interested, do consider the guys (like me) in Australia:
    1) game won't arrive till earliest 31stOct or latest 4th Nov.
    2) the time zone difference!!! While it may be 1pm 29th Oct in America, it's 1am 30th Oct in Australia.
    But any how, i'm a Civ fanatic and i've gone 48hrs straight to finish the game. So, BRING IT ON!

5. knupp715

knupp715 King

Moved, it was inevitable. However, I don't think we are going to get as many people reading the thread now.

@sirkillalot - I got you in

6. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

yeah I guess they think they did the right thing, but posts get more reads in general well at leats it got over 100 posts first so alot of people know about it
    pls note - I am not flaming the moderators...just don't agree burying it in mulltiplayer is good idea - my opinion.

7. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator Supporter

I understand your concern. But consider our position - this thread is specifically about MP. ANyone interested in Multiplayer *should* be able to find the MP forums, without too much difficulty. "General Discussions" is admittedly kind of a "front door" into the Civ4 forums, but for that very reason, we need to make sure it doesn't get flooded with threads that belong elsewhere.

8. FattyLumpkin

FattyLumpkin Chieftain

I love this idea but hope for some shorter games. Online gaming absolutely rocks my clock but a general issue for me is that I can’t often sit down for 4 hour games. Do you think people are willing to do some 2-hour games, or whatever?

9. UglyElmo

UglyElmo Warlord

Don't worry Elderotter. In the Total War forums the MTW MP forum section was added and became the most participated forum section for quite awhile, until the new add-ons and new games were released. :) I am sure this one will grow as well if Civ IV MP is as good as it appears to be and from what all the beta testers have stated. :)

If you need help setting up a website or CIV IV MP-specific forum, let me know and I will help you. I already have a community (The Ugli's: Notice I did not say "clan.") I founded for playing only for fun, but this was your idea and I want you to get the credit for establishing it. I will just help you from the sidelines. :) Just PM me if you have any questions. I can provide a link to the Ugli site for you to use as an example for your efforts as well. I do not want to provide it here and possibly take away Civ IV players who like your idea.

Good luck and a great idea to help promote CIV IV MP and a good way of introducing the game to new players without them having to go through an overly competitive MP lobby. Once I get proficient at the MP game, I am always willing to teach someone the ropes and give them hints. I also have played 100s of Total War MP practice games with new players, to help them learn quicker and get into the more competitive clans.

You will find, the more you help out new players in MP, the better the MP community is as a whole and the better-behaved the MP lobby is. It always makes me feel good to see someone I have trained, go on to establish a well respected clan of their own.

10. UglyElmo

UglyElmo Warlord

Fatty Lumpkin: If I am reading the future "Pit Boss" feature correctly, you will be able to play with others and save the game, then come back to it later to finish. Everyone does not have to be there to play either (except probably the host) and the one's who could not make it will just have the AI play their turns for that night. This would allow you to play sporadically yet still finish a game.

11. Phoenix_56721

Phoenix_56721 Prince

Finally a MP forum, you can count me in on this! :D If I can play over a dial up connections that is :sad: , I don't want to slow down anybodies server.

P.S. Why don't members of this group put the link to this thread in their Signatures, so it can be visible in other CFC forums? I would put it in my Signature if you guys want!...:goodjob:

12. UglyElmo

UglyElmo Warlord

Looks good phoenix. :)

I don't believe your connection speed will effect the game speed much. I have played other turnbased games over the internet and any lag is due more to your PC configuration than any connect speed slowness. We will just have to wait and see. :)

13. MjM

MjM Deity

14. LiquidSword

LiquidSword Chieftain

I've been checking out all the posts for about two months now but never felt like joining the discussion. But since none of my friends are planning on getting Civ4 and I'm a big MP I want to say hi.
    I'd love to join any game and I'd be happy to plan my schedule around other people if you wish to get an epic game going where we play 5-6 hours once a week on a set day.
    Of course Ill be playing solo for a good week to two first before I even bother trying MP.

15. Phoenix_56721

Phoenix_56721 Prince

Welcome to CFC [party] (I will need a week or so also to get the hang of Civ4)

16. TheBB

TheBB Prince

I'm interested, but more or less restricted to playing with europeans I suppose...

17. Daze

Daze Chieftain

This sounds great. Does this include PBEM. I think it's the only sort of multiplayer I'm going to play. Anyone want to start up a game when civ4 is released (in UK)? I kind of fancy playing a PBEM while learning the single player game.

18. FattyLumpkin

FattyLumpkin Chieftain

Thanks Ugly. All the more reason to put my hat in the ring!

19. Shigga

Shigga Shiggadelic Baby! :)

hey this could actually convince me to try human vs human matches... I usually play humans vs AI because the games and the ppl are so much nicer and, well- civilized ^^

20. eatomhoch

eatomhoch Chieftain

Add me to the list please. I'm so psyched about this game....