1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature Players Association

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by elderotter, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Daze

Daze Chieftain

I've never played MP games and have been worried about this part of it. We all know it's pointless but the cheaters out there will probably want to get into games like these so that they will be the only cheaters in the game (as they're not willing to learn how to be the best players to win I doubt they'll want to learn how to be the best cheaters to win either), so how do you tell if people are cheating?

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I'll assume from that that you are fellow sandgropper. It seems that we in the other side of the world get's ignored.

3. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

As far as I am concerned all those from oz can join any game I'm on if using MPA guidelines is ok. On weekends I might be willing to stay up real late...let me know and I will take a nap so I am rested up. Once played a mmorg for 30 straight hours so I can do it - just dont want to do the 30 hour thing often lol 1/year maybe. In fact why not have Austrailian/NZ MPA games it is only a loose coalition of players using the MPA guidelines.

4. chronicreality

chronicreality Chieftain

I will be picking up Civ VI today, and, once I get a handle on it, I would love to participate in the MPA.

Sign me up, Scotty!

5. Daze

Daze Chieftain

Woo, I've got to wait till 4th november for civ 4 but fraxis have already released civ 6 in Texas - gutted

6. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

ATTENTION! I have to write 1 more 1 page paper today. when done I will be looking to join and/or host a game between 4-6 players and maybe 2 or 3 AIs.
    So I am setting a time of 8pm EST - to start setting it up. check me then on site or whatever in MP

7. Snall

Snall Chieftain

I think I don't like idea of AIs in multiplayer for some reason.

8. knupp715

knupp715 King

I haven't gotten the game yet :( EBGames e-mailed me and said they mailed it but it's not here. No worries though, I should be getting it tomorrow YAY

9. doronron

doronron King

Darn it! I've only got Civ IV!!! :lol:

Seriously, I've got my copy, and it runs fine with my ATI card. I'll start looking at MP games in a week or two after I've gotten the hang of the new gameplay mechanics.

10. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

yeah no game tonight - didnt see any mpa plaers so I played a while...too tired now got up at 6am and now its almost 10pm. Doing a good sp game on cheiftan - Aztecs. Spiritual seems to be very good but the AI keeps telling me to build settlers and now I have 9 cities going to stop building playing archipelago(SP?) and am leading in score. am trouncing in culture AI on agressive and now wars yet it is about 200 ad.

11. TheDervish

TheDervish Scion of the Achaemenids

I'm a supernewb. I'm bad at Strategy games in general, and I've never played a civ before. Would be glad to hook up mature players of either same skill level or high patience :p

12. knupp715

knupp715 King

EEERRG
    I haven't recieved my game yet. I even payed for the extra $8 for the one day airplane shipping. If I don't get it by tomorrow, I'm just going to have to complain! Anyways here is the updated list of members. Tell me if I forgot about you:
    Elderotter, 18D, Nuclear Elephant, Jecrell, Knupp715, Matte979, Agar, Darwin420, Homsheineken, Red1, Tristangreer, The Great Apple, myzenium, darkdude, sailsa, xemu, atlanto, doronron, minger, oxonian2001, rupe, chrismdp, KingJason, chriseay, crazybeard, Chrischua, southafrica, fobok, Tharn, jkp1187, aletari, kaene, verelse, stuie, bluemagic, uglyelmo, prscormier, zelgadis75, ironhive, magicshane, deathshead, kandalf, remconius, sela1s1son, Coffee, Ethyn, Alcosta15, Copperhead, Oldstatesman, cemsity, RabidMonkeyMan, DanielJackson, Sirkillalot, Phoenix56721, MjM, LiquidSword, TheBB, eatomhoch, Envy, IglooDude, Crismo, Torgo3000, and chronicreality
    Looks like 65!

13. diamond geezer

diamond geezer Warlord

Please add me. When I get my game delivered (my own fault for buying cheapest not fastest). UK, and I am mature (as in old and have kids/wife) so no 30 hour games for me (nor 20, nor 10). :whipped:

14. apatheist

apatheist Emperor

Hi, me too, please.

15. Kolyana

Kolyana Czarina

knupp, please add me: 37 and as mature and honest as they come. :goodjob:

16. doronron

doronron King

Honesty might not get you very far. ;)

17. Kolyana

Kolyana Czarina

HA! Good point, but would I profess to be anything else as I sign that treaty with you? ;)

18. Shigga

Shigga Shiggadelic Baby! :)

Perhaps you should consider different time zones when ordering the list. Surely it will make things easier if the ppl are in the same time zone. :)

Question: Will there be coop-games (Humans vs. AI)?

19. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Chieftain

Yeah sign me up, tired of playing Mp games with screaming kids constantly declaring how good they are and how their going to do this that and the other. just want to play nice friendly slow games that actually get finished.
    Anyway don't be put of by the name, i'm fairly placid really

20. Smidlee

Smidlee Deity

When are we going to get together on this? I live on the eastern coast of America so it's EST for me.