MAVERICKS Diplomatic Messages

Trystero

Deity
From MAVERICKS to us:
Received: Saturday, 24th July, 22:13 (GMT)

To Mr. Willem:

We have spent ages cruising the seas to make contact with you by workboats, by galleys, and even by triremes. This is a momentus occasion and we are always happy to have a new friend.

Was there anything you would wish to do to further increase our relationship at this time? Did you wish to trade for metal casting and machinery? Or perhaps we could avoid double-teching in order to save beakers and co-ordinate our paths together.

In the meantime, there is another trireme up on its way near your galley. Do not be alarmed my friend, for we wish your galley no harm. If you are worried in any way, we could make a peace contract if that makes you feel safer.

The Mavericks

From MAVERICKS to us:
Received: Monday, 26th July, 02:51 (GMT) [via PM to Trystero]

Trystero, your diplo responses from your team are taking too long. We have other deals going on and can't really wait forever. If you're not interested in machinery, np we have other deals we're shopping around for.

Did you want to trade other junker techs as well? It's not really mutual beneficial if we research the garbage stuff we jumped over like Hunting, despite the known techs bonus, but if we give you a little bit of cash here and there then we both gain some.

Again, please hurry up because I don't think I can keep the rest of my team stalling for trades anymore.

From us to MAVERICKS:
Sent: Monday, 26th July, 03:03 (GMT) [via PM from Trystero]

My dear obsolete and Team Mavericks,

Our sincerest apologies for the delay. This weekend has been quite problematic for assembling our entire high council. We are still discussing your trade offer.

However, in the meantime, we would be happy to offer your vessels safe passage through our waters. We will extend Open Borders to you immediately in-game.

It would aid us greatly if we knew which technologies in particular you would be seeking in exchange for Machinery. (We are about to finish research into Metal Casting ourselves, and thus would not be interested in trading for it).

Again my apologies for the delay. We will be back in touch shortly.

Best regards,

Trystero

From MAVERICKS to us:
Received: Monday, 26th July, 05:23 (GMT) [via PM to Trystero]

Thanks for the reply. I posted your message on the forum, so hopefully DMOC & Snaaty can think up a price that's beneficial for the both of us. We have an engineer on stand-by for machinery, though some members still want us to grab Mids.

As for our next tech, we are not sure yet since we are still meeting civs. Because of this we're just stockpiling up gold for now. Because of this, it may be best also for us to trade gold for the smaller techs as well.

From MAVERICKS to us:
Received: Tuesday, 27th July, 04:04 (GMT) [via PM to Trystero]

obsolete said:
Alright, here's the update for the last 24 hours...

DMOC wants to bulb machinery right now. Snaaty says no way and wants to get the Mids. The rest of the team is squabbling and fighting over which decision to go on. A big part of this problem is that Carthage isn't interested in Machinery. And while Cyrus tells us they want it, they are so unbearably slow in their diplo emails that it's almost as though they don't exist half the time.

Our team now doesn't think it's worth it for just one trading partner to burn off a GE on.

The majority right now is for the Mids. I am going to stall the turn a while in case that changes, who knows.

It's just a shame you already have spent lots of beakers on MC when you could have got it from us already. In the future would you want Theology, or HorseBack Riding perhaps? We still haven't figured on where to go from here yet. I may be able to get the team willing to purchase common techs at half-price gold if you wish to sell.

I forgot to tell you guys, we have gems to trade, and rice too. Since you were nice enough to OB with us right off the bat, I'm going to make sure the team keeps you guys as priority for all these trades. I like people I can depend on, at least for the meta-game.

BTW, we also have missionaries we can sell on top of that. Which do you want, Hindu or Judiasm?

From us to MAVERICKS:
Sent: Tuesday, 27th July, 17:13 (GMT) [via PM from Trystero]

Dear obsolete,

Thanks for your frank assessment of the situation. Unfortunately, there is disagreement among our team members on how to proceed as well, and I can't guarantee you that we would agree to trade for Machinery at this point. Given these circumstances, perhaps it is best that you pursue The Pyramids. We weren't planning to build them ourselves, so we would not be terribly upset if you did so.

Please direct any future correspondences to our team email address, and we will assign a permanent diplomat to handle our dealings.

Best of luck,

Trystero

From MAVERICKS to us:
Received: Tuesday, 27th July, 18:16 (GMT) [via PM to Trystero]

obsolete said:
That's quite alright. We will finish the Pyramids by next turn then. I'll try to get Mike to get you guys some red-tape in the e-mail department. I suggest you guys also send us one, since it could speed things up a little.

From MAVERICKS to us:
Received: Wednesday, 28th July, 22:39 (GMT)

Greetings Team Sirius,

First, we would like to thank you for your graciousness in offering open borders with us. It seems this is a start of a strong friendship.

As you may already know, we elected to construct the Pyramids with our great person, rather than discover Machinery. This does not exclude this possibility from occurring in the future, however, as the Mavericks are Philosophical in nature, so keep the potential for a future Machinery tech trade in the back of your mind.

We have a great deal of coin in our coffers, and would like to offer some to you in exchange for the technology of Writing. How much gold would you require in exchange for these secrets?

Regards,
TheMike
Mavericks Diplomat

From Mavericks to US
Received Friday Sept 24 5:43 AM

obsolete said:
We have been letting you grab the northern terrain for for some time, since we want to hurt Carthage as much as possible for the time being. We also would like to hurt Cyrus, but they are too far away.

Ragnar is also a target that we may tangle with. Come what may, when the time comes it is possible we may fall due to a lopsided tech issue. When this comes, we can only gift the remaining cities we have to Pacal, or you. Pacal will only end up losing them, so to hurt the others as much as possible, we'd like to gift our prized cities back home to you if you want (Please say yes). I don't see a reason as to why you wouldn't want to have this, even if it does make you a bigger of a target.

Top Bottom