Max Number of Cities you've ever build?

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Camarada78, May 3, 2012.

1. Camarada78

Camarada78 Chieftain

Simple question.

How many cities you've ever build in any game, victorious or not?

So far, my personal record is 83 cities in a huge map (emperor level). By 1970 there was only 7 nations (of starting 13, peak of 20), me and strongest AI destroyed the other 13.

And this game is by far best AI game of all time, with 69 cities when i decided to attack him.

Currently i'm playing one with 56 cities in 1700AC, ill probably beat that previous record. (emperor, Giant map).

And you guys?

2. The_People

The_People Of The People

46 (Noble) Gigantic Religous Victory by 884 AD

3. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I actually built 100 cities, on a map Mad Scientist made for 'Barbaric Monty'. Large or huge map, I think large, have lost my copy.

it was one of his challenges he made.

Basically, it was a continental land mass, divided into 3 parts, with a thin (1 tiles strip) linking all 3 masses together. Thought the 1st was separated by a mountain with jungle upon it. (I modded it back to a Jungle hill). It had a few other errors, that I modded back to what the original intention was.

This map was used on a standard BTS game, Marathon speed, no tech trading and I was the only civ on this continent. The other Continent contained 6 or 7 most war like civs.

I just decided to set myself a target, of 100 cities settled. I got to 85 or so without any problems, from then on it was 1 tile islands and marginal cities with Major overlap. Reaching 100 was a effort. On average you could settle 75+ easily without overlap. I played that map exclusively for a while so much fun. I like building up my cities and lands.

With RAND, I generally play with expanded cities off, but still settle every city for its 3rd ring status, requiring the building of the Metropolitan Administration to access the 3rd ring, WITHOUT any overlap, and riverside, for the most part. Some you can't help, like Tundra/ice cities.

Here on a large/huge map, I generally average 30-40 cities depending on map. I build them all to the same standard infrastructure, using a combination of Freight and caravans once Motorized transport is reached. I then try to grow these same cities to over 35 pop Minimum. This would only be for the Ice bound cities founded late, with some food bonuses. I just love it when my smallest city, an ICE bound late city is larger then ANY AI's capital founded at the beginning of the game.

Spoiler :

Its how I enjoy the game, not big on warfare or rampaging across the globe. Conquer my Continent (I play continents exclusively) and build away after that.

4. Camarada78

Camarada78 Chieftain

Recently i've reached 107 cities with the amazing amount of 72 cities founded. After 50 or something my civ ran out of names and i (England) started creating cities with other civ names such as Teotihuacan or some barbarian names...