1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Max Players Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by @bolesting@, Feb 24, 2017.

1. @bolesting@

@bolesting@ Chieftain

Before Australia patch I edited xml "Maps" and "Mapsizes" to 21 player on huge map and play it without any problem but after patch I can put 21 or 22 players but It wont give me start button because max players is 12. I can chose players but I cant start. Can someone please help me to play again with more than 12 players?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. @bolesting@

@bolesting@ Chieftain

Found it! :thumbsup:

3. JabbaWakka

JabbaWakka Chieftain

Could you post your solution here? I'm struggling with the same issue. I set everything up for Hotseat with 22 players, and I'm receiving a "Map size issue" in place of the start button.

4. Shadole

Shadole Chieftain

Yes, do share how you solved this!

5. Bate1999

Bate1999 Chieftain

Yes, please share how you did that!

6. Bate1999

Bate1999 Chieftain

I am really new to this... so also can you list the file locations that had to be modify too, please?

7. @bolesting@

@bolesting@ Chieftain

Go to base/assets/ui/frontend/multiplayer/stagingroom.lua and open with notepad, change this two lines:
    - local MAX_EVER_PLAYERS : number = 12;
    -Fetch g_currentMaxPlayers because it might be stale due to loading a save.
    g_currentMaxPlayers = math.min(MapConfiguration.GetMaxMajorPlayers(), 12);

Instead of 12 put number of players you want, I opened every file in game many time until I found this and its worth it.

PS: Dont forget that you also need to change in maps.xml and mapsizes.xml

8. Bate1999

Bate1999 Chieftain

Thank you, it looks like it is working, I do not have time to start a game and test it but I will do so later.

9. Bate1999

Bate1999 Chieftain

That did the trick it is working so thanks again for your help!

10. woc

woc Chieftain

You do know some python IDE you have a very fast potent software to search through thousands of files as plain text for specific strings within 2-3 seconds? Not sure again which IDE, has been a long time ago before
    i wrote my own search method which is even faster but since you're willing to go through each file manually I'd strongly recommend investing the time on finding potent "string in plain text" software. It'll help you big time!