1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Maximizing value of religious buildings

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by tomoscar, Feb 11, 2008.

1. tomoscar

tomoscar Chieftain

When having a state religion, I am often able to get 2 hammers with every religious buliding. But I havent been able to figure out what I have to build to get these hammers. :sad:
    The Sistine Chapel increases cultural value, The Spiral Minaret adds wealth, and The University of Sankore adds research to each religious buliding. For a long time I was quite sure that it was Angkor Wat in combination with The Sistine Chapel that added the 2 hammers. :king:
    But today I am playing a game where the 2 hammers where not added, even though I had all the wonders above (and of course a state religion). :sad:
    Can anybody enlighten me? Thanks :)

2. Refar

Refar Deity

Apostolic Palace gives those 2 Hammers, if you are a full member.

3. Heathen_Penguin

Heathen_Penguin Chieftain

Refar is correct. You don't have to build it, just be a full member.

Heathen

4. tomoscar

tomoscar Chieftain

Thanks a lot !!!

5. jeffreyac

jeffreyac Mostly Harmless

I keep seeing 'full member' in the listing for both AP and UN - um, forgive the silly question, but isn't membership an all-or-nothing deal anyway? I mean, can you BE a 'partial' member, or non-voting member somehow? If so, how, and why?

For example, you get membership into the AP by sharing the religion, right? (at least, I thought that's all it took...)

6. DigitalBoy

DigitalBoy Emperor

I think you become a "partial member" (don't receive bonus hammers) by defying a resolution. I think there's also something about not having the AP religious as your state religion. I can't remember the details.

7. Refar

Refar Deity

With the AP, you are a full member if you have the religion as state, or if you own the thing (i assume also if you are resident, but i never got there without beeing the owner or having its state religion).

If you have a city with the religion, but do not run it as state, you are a voting member (Unless you own the thing). Also you become a Voting member by defying, untill voting on passed resolution.

Having no city with the religion at all you are not mameber.

One thing i am not sure of: If you are owner, but not resident, and you just defied a resolution... I think you will still stay Full member... But never came across this situation to actually try...

-----

With the UN you are a full member unless defying a resolution. Not sure what difference Full/Voting membership makes there. I think you must be Full owner, to be eligible for GenSec/Worl Leader.

8. Still_Asleep

Still_Asleep Warlord

In that case you will get the angry faces and become only a voting member, if I remember correctly. Sucks to get owned by the AP after you built it :)

Difference between Full and voting member is that a full member has votes directly related to the population (in case of AP: population with the religion in their city). Voting members get only 50% of this value --> Less influence on the outcome of the votes.

9. Refar

Refar Deity

I think this is tied to the State Religion - you can be a full member because owning the thing, but still get 50% of the votes because not having it state religion... (I was voted out of my own AP once, after switching to Free Religion...)

10. jeffreyac

jeffreyac Mostly Harmless

Yeah, I was wondering how free religion affected it - I thought I was a full member last game while running free religion, but then again I think I built the AP (which, if I remember right, guarantees you full membership? Anyone confirm?)

Eh, either way - guess I just don't have as much experience with the AP and it's younger brother, the UN... I just know it's good to have control over which resolutions get proposed... :)

11. Refar

Refar Deity

Beeing owner guarantees you beeing eligible for Resident/Win elections... I think it's the same as Full Membership...

However the Members overview says
    Owner
    Voting Member

So perhaps there is a difference between owner/full member after all... dont know.