Maximum number of blue lamps for technology ? Is there a cap limit ?

Skybuck

Prince
Hello,

I just played many hours of civilization 1, twice with english. The second time I had a better game and the English became very rich with just a few cities.

I noticed that it only took 3 turns to research new technologies even the very advanced ones ?!?

So this maybe me wonder if there is maybe a maximum number of light bulbs for a certain number of technologies ?

If not then there still must be some kind of max probably at least an upper limit of:

Total technologies in the civpedia X 15 light bulbs.

I haven't looked into it yet. I have to clean my microwave at the moment/now.

But maybe later I will look into it to see if I can make some sense of it.

Anyway for what it is worth here is the link to a pretty cool replay:

English on Earth, Emporer Level.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

Every next advance costs a fixed number of bulbs more than the previous one, depending of difficulty. I think it is 14 on emperor. There are also some points in the game, like 1AD, 1000AD and a few other dates, which double the amount of bulbs needed to make an advance.
This thread has some concrete info: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-many-bulbs-need-for-the-current-tech.376195/
There are others scattered about the forum certainly.

Reactions: GPR
I think at emporer level it goes from 15 to 30 to 45 to 60 etc that part I understand but what I don't understand is how high it goes, after a certain ammount it becomes hard/impossible to count and thus not possible to see what it really is and if there is a maximum ! ;)

I think the increment is also doubled along with the total needed bulbs, so probably more like 15, 30, 60, etc. Not sure how many times throughout the game it happens though. 1750 is another date that screws with science like that. Possibly also 1850 and/or 1900. Info on this is too scattered about the forum for me to find right now.

Top Bottom