[R&F] Maximum number of gold per turn deals?

nrh

Chieftain
I have 4 current gold per turn deals where I'm receiving 1 gold per turn from 4 different civilizations.
The problem is that I'm trying to make more deals but I cannot select "gold per turn" for them to trade. It's not grayed out and it's on the menu but hovering over it and clicking it does nothing. It doesn't function anymore.

Is there a maximum and have I reached the limit? It doesn't work with any of the 5 civilizations I want to trade with.

I have 4 current gold per turn deals where I'm receiving 1 gold per turn from 4 different civilizations.
The problem is that I'm trying to make more deals but I cannot select "gold per turn" for them to trade. It's not grayed out and it's on the menu but hovering over it and clicking it does nothing. It doesn't function anymore.

Is there a maximum and have I reached the limit? It doesn't work with any of the 5 civilizations I want to trade with.

Sometimes GPT deal button seems to bug out, but then it grays out. You can try put your lux on the table and ask them what they will give for it. If they offer some gpt as part of the deal, you can remove unwanted elements and change the amount of gpt. It can also be that they don't have any gpt income for the moment. Does the button have some amount in it? Besides, if you use some mods and they are not up to date, that may be the cause. There is no limit, as far as I know. And yes, they won't buy a lux they already have or get from other trades or a CS.

There is no limit, I have managed up to 300 gold per turn as part of a peace deal from a single civ. One very rich England mind you. ;)

Maybe they already have the item you want to trade
It's open borders

There is no limit, I have managed up to 300 gold per turn as part of a peace deal from a single civ. One very rich England mind you. ;)
i'm only offering open borders for 1 gold per turn. after 4 civs accepted the deal, i couldn't select gold per turn as a trade option anymore. i was able to accept more after the 30 day payment was up on some of them, but by that time i had restarted the game so maybe it was the restart. Either way I'm disappointed by the apparent limit.
i'm new to the series. thanks

I have noticed that sometimes it doesn't apper, but it seemed to me to be because they just had no money ??? like running in the red ?

Open borders aren't worth much, later in the game I can often get them from AI as a freebie in a lux trade, for no extra cost. And you better don't give them open borders. They may send units into your territory, who will then bug out and stay stuck forever on some vital tile.

I got a very lucky seed where I am completely closed off from all other empires, the only way to access my territory is through a choke point in the ancient area. I have it blocked with 1 scout. So open borders is free gold. lol

Also, update, it seems i can somehow do more than 4 open border trades for gold per turn now. I don't know what changed. I'm glad though.

Top Bottom