• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

May 6 Balance Change Proposals

Which of these changes do you support?

• Remove Logistics from the Naval Ranged Promotion Tree

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Add Range to the Naval Ranged Promotion Tree (both sides)

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Give both sides of the Naval Ranged Promotion Tree access to Indomitable

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Move Shrapnel Rounds Promotion from Bombardment line to Targeting Line

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Replace Broadside Promotion with Volley

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Drop access to Dreadnought and Targeting Promotion lines for Submarines, leaving only Wolfpack/Torp

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Rename Wolfpack to Torpedo

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Add many new leaf promotions off of Torpedo/Wolfpack promotion line

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Swap Chu Ko Nu and Hwacha unique promotions

• Remove XP gain on 2nd attack for Blitz & Logistics

• Add Range to Bombardment Tree and Indirect Fire to Targeting Tree

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
For example, we could also slap a -50% experience gain on Logistics and call it a day.
That affects defense and doesn't stack well with other XP bonuses.

Blitz and Logistics should not be in the same conversation. Logistics units can generally fire away willy-nilly, Blitz units have to worry about terrain, movement, ZoC, their own health...it's a much more situational promotion.
And does Logistics need nerfing? It's very strong, yeah, but that's balanced by being a very high-level promotion, on units that level very slowly, on a promotion tree that's generally less desirable than it's counterpart. Ranged naval units are the only exception, which I guess is why most of this poll is about them, but the promotion itself is fine as-is.

Blitz and Logistics should not be in the same conversation. Logistics units can generally fire away willy-nilly, Blitz units have to worry about terrain, movement, ZoC, their own health...it's a much more situational promotion.
And does Logistics need nerfing? It's very strong, yeah, but that's balanced by being a very high-level promotion, on units that level very slowly, on a promotion tree that's generally less desirable than it's counterpart. Ranged naval units are the only exception, which I guess is why most of this poll is about them, but the promotion itself is fine as-is.

Logistics has the issue that some UUs come with it. Part of why it is being discussed is the balance of Chu-ko-nu and Hwach'a, who keep having Logistics added or removed depending on the patch and mod you use.

I also think Blitz should be a separate thing in this discussion. If it is for consistency, we could just add a warning in Logistics' tooltip telling that the second attack from this promotion in particular doesn't grant xp nor Great General points.

One issue I have with the Hwach'a is that, on upgrade, it keeps logistics AND gets back the buff/debuff vs cities/land units. This instantly turns an invader repellant into a city-shredder, and basically flips Korea's defensive gameplay on its head, at least on land. When I build a Hwach'a, I feel compelled to give it Field I/II so I can use it for its intended purpose, but I end up usually going Siege I/II because I know in the next era, Field Hwach'as will get nerfed by Siege Inaccuracy, while Siege Hwach'as will get buffed by Bonus Vs Cities (100). It's the same reason I hardly touch the Drill line on Mounted melee units - I don't feel like my xp is well spent investing in a direction that my unit will naturally be weak in.

I can't say much about upgrading from Catapults, because as Korea I'm usually so focused on playing tall with Tradition for GPPs that I don't feel the need to conquer anyone, so I don't build many siege units until I unlock the Hwach'a anyways.

Last edited:
Field Siege Units are still very good if you aren't planning on taking cities.

Top Bottom