Maybe the biggest "Earth" in history =)

Artemyev

Chieftain
This is "Rise of mankind" based map. 250x140 (Shrinked)
It`s result of couple of months work. Building, thinking, testing.
Copy from Google map =))

New version is under testing. Please welcome.

Attachments

• Rels Under construction ROM v2.3.zip
    137.7 KB · Views: 546
I love the scale and the shape of the map. Earth Map cant be big enough for me :D

However, there is one thing that annoys me: Siberia. Its huge. And it is very fertile with the green land squares, the rivers and the resources. The ai will fill siberia with towns, which will eventually get very powerful. I would recommend to extend the tundra fields to the south, make more "yellow" fields instead of green ones and reduce the food ressources in Siberia.

Mercator projection = fail.

General size of map = win.

Size of the map is awesome. One problem I can see is that the program crashes every time I activate the worldbuilder. I don't rightly know what could cause that.

Is it just me, or does it look somewhat strange? For example, southern Africa looks too thin, Australia is strangely tilted, and something just seems off... Or is it just me?

Is it just me, or does it look somewhat strange? For example, southern Africa looks too thin, Australia is strangely tilted, and something just seems off... Or is it just me?

It may look strange, but everything is correctly proportioned according to the Mercator projection (which distorts landmasses, especially towards the poles, but preserves the compass direction).

Ah, yes, it's in mercator projection.

This would be better if the civs were set up the way they are meant to be.

As an example I started as the Australians and found that instead of Edmund Barton, with his traits, fishing, mining and redcoats I had Lincoln with hunting, mysticism, and (I assume) Navy Seals. Also, the scores list displays the name as Lincoln even though the name is shown as Edmund Barton on the player name.

I do like the idea of the mod and the map has been meticulously drawn. Very well done!

The map is fine, it's the mod that's crap! I bought a GTX 460 video card b/c the mod kept crashing when I activated the Worldbuilder. I thought it was b/c my current Video card was too weak. Man was I wrong!

Hi everyone =)) I didn't sleep, and soon you'll see new version of my map.
General issues:
1. Better balance of resources
2. Less food in Siberia
3. Rebuilt pacific islands

Now I seek new mod for the map.
PLZ post your wishes below ;)

Map made in "MapView" contains 40000 squares =))

just fix it so it can be played to the end, and that activating the worldbuilder won't make it crash. Those r my wishes lol! Cheers!

18 Random Civs, in Random position on this map, but it doesn't crash in worldbuilder and plays till the end and you can use it with any/no mod.

When I can get round to it, if the OP hasn't fixed the problems, i'll do one with 18 fixed civs in the correct locations, and probably a 34 civ one :) thou Byzantium/Ottomons and Holy Roman/German might be hard as they are pretty much the same

Attachments

• Giant_Earth.zip
    164.1 KB · Views: 283
Habitus, I checked out your map and it works just fine. In comparison to the original it sucks that the Revolution MOD and the Combat MOD have both been removed. Obviously, the starting locations are out of place and there are only 18 civs but I'm sure they're easily fixable. All in all, the Map works. Cheers mate!

Works for me just as it is. When i go to modern times, the game crashes from time to time. But i have a good pc. Very insane battles against ai, i like the overall idea of the map.

I made Siberia less fertile myself. Still, there is another thing i dont like: The barbarian huts. There are many, many of them, also in Siberia. When i start a game, i first build some scouts and harvest the huts and i get about 7 technologies and 5000$ cash. Feels like cheating.

Yeah, the same as in Location for those, i also forgot Babylon/Sumeria are almost on top of each other too :)
Below is a 18 Civs version with no huts/events, there is also a one with no huts but events on, all the civs bar the Viking are within afew degrees of their actual location on a real map, vikings i had to move from north Norway to south Norway due to lack of food if i put their starting location at same place as Nidaros really is.

Honestly you could probably load up the mod that came with the OP map and then play my version with his Mods, should work :)

Attachments

• Giant Earth 18 Civs.zip
    328.7 KB · Views: 269
This is "Giant Earth MOD" based map. 250x160
It`s result of couple of months work. Building, thinking, testing.
Copy from Google map =))

Do you think you could add the Confederate States of America exist on this map, that would be awesome!! Its pretty cool just the way it is though. :D:lol:

Top Bottom